PDA

View Full Version : How about we get a radio?

Skiz
11-13-2006, 06:57 AM
...or is FST radio still around? :unsure:

Skiz
11-14-2006, 04:37 AM
:rolleyes:

Alien5
11-16-2006, 04:04 AM
+1

Skiz
11-16-2006, 04:23 AM
+1

I think they're ignoring us. :dabs:

Skiz
11-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Stop ignoring us. :fist:

tesco
11-18-2006, 02:19 AM
It's been tried and nobody was into it (and the guy who was supposed to do it didn't stick to it really...).

TorrenTy
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
having radio on a forum , like our forum this ,

is not a pro thing .

people here concentrating on information and serious things

thewizeard
04-07-2007, 12:18 PM

yes it can be I have two Internet radios on 24/7

http://shoutcast.com/directory/?s=filesharingtalk

tralalala
04-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I think it could be a nice idea.. Since the last radio project didn't excel, many more members have joined (probably due to the BT invites area). I'm positive that some of the members would be up to at least setting up playlists for the radio, if not a proper casting radio with commentary and shit.. :lol:

I think it would work :)

Count me in.

peat moss
04-07-2007, 01:03 PM

is not a pro thing .

Well then look at the date of the post , before jumping in . What a silly bunt .

Skiz
04-07-2007, 01:05 PM

is not a pro thing .

Well then look at the date of the post , before jumping in . What a silly bunt .

The subject matter is still debatable. :whistling

drfunkm
04-12-2007, 02:52 AM
i think a radio is a great idea.... get a few different people to do it different nights, i bet everyone in this forum has some really different but good tastes in music.

Skiz
04-12-2007, 03:00 AM
i think a radio is a great idea.... get a few different people to do it different nights, i bet everyone in this forum has some really different but good tastes in music.

Nothing like that, just a few internet radio stations to listen to.

thewizeard
04-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I will host the station..and accept members playlists for broadcasting..

here http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?s=mensap2p <-----for the time being

Soon my dedicated shoutcast server will be available and members, that are accepted as FST DJs, will be able to use it too. For now..you can follow this link to my radio.. But if you would rather see..

FileSharingTalk Radio..or any other suitable FST name.. then it takes only two minutes to change.

suggestions.?

tralalala
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I like it :) Let's go for FST Radio guys :D I could chip in as the rap/hiphop DJ.

SHUVT
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I could relive my college radio days! I am up to DJ some Punk/Ska/Hardcore show. I am sure there will be no shortage of trance/techno djs here. LOL

tesco
04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
As always it sounds like a good idea ebfore we do it but it's been tried like 3 brazillion times. :/

Skiz
04-13-2007, 04:34 AM
As always it sounds like a good idea ebfore we do it but it's been tried like 3 brazillion times. :/

My idea wasn't to have DJs or anyone operating it, just some streaming internet radio stations to choose from while browsing the forum. :)

thewizeard
04-13-2007, 07:21 AM

4 peruzillion to be precies. rossco

Forget it skizo, it might work a little in the winter..but to be honest, it was never really popular. what was that guys name, well Wizzanbee I believe, his shows where ok..The best were Lamsey's.

Skizo I am willing to host a station for FileSharingTalk and often I change the name of my radio to FileSharingTalk Lounge Radio like now. You have more chance of getting my BitTorrent versus Kazaa thead, pinned, than support for Lounge Radio. Tell you what go and pin and attach a poll to my BitTorrent or Kazaa Thread now, while I change the name to FileShargingTalk Lounge Radio accord?

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?s=fileSharingTalk

Anyway, if you check my "The Truth " thread , in the Lounge, you will realise, that you are already dead and in the Bardo!

BassJunkie
05-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Just listen to LastFM.com....... it's got everything

thewizeard
05-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Just listen to LastFM.com....... it's got everything:(

Spammer, we don't do that here! If we do a radio here, it will thorough-bred for that I am sure.

WHiKWiRE
05-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I couldn't care either less if we did or we didn't, my music won't be on there anyway. :lol:

thewizeard
05-15-2007, 07:49 AM
I couldn't care either less if we did or we didn't, my music won't be on there anyway. :lol:

You could be wrong there, I could download the music from you and play it... If you are an emerging band, then please contact me some demos..which I will share on my network and also play over my radio station....

Beck38
05-20-2007, 10:45 PM

The cheapest way to go is P2P radio, like Streamer; zero ongoing cost (unkike pure shoutcast ect., doesn't require hosting which cost money every month, only the basic stream transmission). I have scanner-radios on it, have been for over a year.

thewizeard
05-21-2007, 12:27 AM

The cheapest way to go is P2P radio, like Streamer; zero ongoing cost (unkike pure shoutcast ect., doesn't require hosting which cost money every month, only the basic stream transmission). I have scanner-radios on it, have been for over a year.

Not here it's not. Unles it had support from the admin and even then, one member with a broadband connecton would be the cheapest way. The problem you see is not the finance, but the motivation.. The Lounge is just too fun a place to want to miss but a single post.

On the other had :) These sort of projets are intersting for those directly involved in organising it, and their girlfriends . Sometimes these contacts have led to some unexpected romances and flame wars in the Lounge between the ex-partners. So why not, I am wiillig to put some time into it; ...if you are versed in Gibberish.

AkaiDoresu
05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
radio here ? hmm..

MajorDork
05-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I would help out :) Is this still in order?

thewizeard
05-25-2007, 08:30 PM
I would help out :) Is this still in order?

Yes it is.. First it's important to find out if there is enough motivation. Perhaps you could hold a poll somewhere ...also in the BitTorrent section. Perhaps we can have an Invite "Happy Hour" every Saturday..:)