PDA

View Full Version : M$ Just Screwed Me Over Big Time

lightshow
11-14-2006, 05:37 AM
So I just installed DAEMON Tools and it prompted me to reset my computer, so I did.

When it comes back on, Windows XP Pro (legit MSDN copy) tells me that there has been significant changes in hardware.

So then it prompts me to enter a new Product Key. My legit product key I got from MSDN doesn't work anymore, and it thinks I'm putting muliple copies on different computers.

Now I can't get a new key off MSDN since it remembers that it already gave me one.

Thanks a lot microsoft. You screw over your legit users....

I hate this DRM, WPA, etc. crap

Oh yeah. I have 3 days to get another key until I'm locked out.. great.

mr. nails
11-14-2006, 06:01 AM
dl the warez ver and be happy and FREE!

eCh
11-14-2006, 12:47 PM
i agree with mr.nails , download the warez copy!

Skiz
11-14-2006, 01:08 PM
No need for all that. If you bought it, call MS and they'll give you another product key.

4play
11-14-2006, 01:28 PM
daemon tools would have added another drive making that wpa crap activate. ring them and ask for another one.

ooo
11-14-2006, 01:46 PM
I never had that problem but then again I'm using an OEM version that came w/ my notebook.

lightshow
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I just contacted Microsoft and they gave me a new product key, so I'm very happy that it was within 24 hours.

But 4play is right about the deamon-tools thing.

So there must be something new in d-tools they added that caused this (I was using a previous version before but it wouldn't mount the Office 2007-wink .bin image correctly).

The strange thing is I installed d-tools from a mirror they listed on their main site and it installed and prompted me to restart after it installed.

But now that I think about it, d-tools is nowhere to be found. It's not in program files or anywhere. I even did a windows search.

But alas, since I am going to do a hardware upgrade in the next few months, I might just use the *special xp* key until I do the hardware upgrade then use the key by MSDN.

That way they won't think I'm just selling keys or something.

Sniping_G
11-15-2006, 12:13 AM
wow that sucks,well take your anger out on microsoft and dl there problems and use cracks patches or watever to satisfy you :)