PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 fans are lame

asmithz
11-16-2006, 02:21 AM
LOL they are already in line at Best Buy, so they can play games for the next 3 months that are already and will be on the 360. :lol:

Delorean
11-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Yes but they want to play them on PS3!

Mr. Peabody
11-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Get in line and you can be one of the 400,000 lucky to get one, Lol what a waste of time.

What lame launch titles,also it pays to wait and see what problems will arise with the first batch of PS3s.

snowultra
11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
a kid died today trying to get a ps3--------they said they only had 10 ps3's for sale and lined up 10 chairs and the first 10 people to sit in them got a ps3. well one kid was ran into a pole after being pushed.

Mike Nelson
11-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Ps3 fans are lameThe launch titles are what is lame. If I was to demean myself by getting a console I'd go for the X360 right now as at least that has a few decent games available.

ram82082
11-16-2006, 09:17 PM
lol i knew from title you had a 360... why do ppl do this shit? like what is it that promted you to post this? are you mad u got a 360 and no dinero to buy a ps3? or did you not miss the pre-order?

This is not breaking news folks? i member watching the 360 launch on G4 last year, bet you didnt post nething about that. go play your 360 with its big old dumb controllers.

lol... "I hate playstation." - asmithz... "thats you, thats you sound like" - Stewie

Busyman™
11-16-2006, 10:25 PM
lol i knew from title you had a 360... why do ppl do this shit? like what is it that promted you to post this? are you mad u got a 360 and no dinero to buy a ps3? or did you not miss the pre-order?

This is not breaking news folks? i member watching the 360 launch on G4 last year, bet you didnt post nething about that. go play your 360 with its big old dumb controllers.

lol... "I hate playstation." - asmithz... "thats you, thats you sound like" - Stewie

Do what shit? Make fun of people standing in line 1-4 days for a game system?

It's quite funny actually.

ram82082
11-16-2006, 10:45 PM
lol no Busy.. i didnt mean that, although it is quite funny. especially since theres a tornado watch in my area.

i meant why do owners of systems like to bash other systems.. seems like jealousy to me. the word lame is alil harsh, when u figure that without these "diehards" the launch of any new console wouldnt be as big.

its just become annoying. i've owned NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSX and PS2... I've never bashed Snes, Saturn or Xbox'ers. its just dumb, and no i dont have a ps3 pre-ordered.

forty9er
11-16-2006, 11:06 PM
So you think a guy that is waiting in line to sell it on ebay and make 1500+ dollars is stupid???

Busyman™
11-16-2006, 11:08 PM
So you think a guy that is waiting in line to sell it on ebay and make 1500+ dollars is stupid???

No....if he's gonna sell it.

Busyman™
11-16-2006, 11:13 PM
lol no Busy.. i didnt mean that, although it is quite funny. especially since theres a tornado watch in my area.

i meant why do owners of systems like to bash other systems.. seems like jealousy to me. the word lame is alil harsh, when u figure that without these "diehards" the launch of any new console wouldnt be as big.

its just become annoying. i've owned NES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSX and PS2... I've never bashed Snes, Saturn or Xbox'ers. its just dumb, and no i dont have a ps3 pre-ordered.

He wasn't bashing a system though.

ram82082
11-16-2006, 11:13 PM
we need a point system like "Around the Horn", lol asmithz is Woody Paige

Diamonds4Ever
11-17-2006, 08:22 PM
ps3 goin be the best and its goin be killin the 360 in my opinion:D :D

S!X
11-18-2006, 06:02 AM
http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2944

Mpeace
11-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Well lets figure it out then..If someone waited in line for 4 days..96 hours...And lets say they make 10-15 an hour in normal work days..10x96=960 dollars worth of work they would make..The ps3 sells for 650-700 tax and all..so 1660..They are selling for 1500-2500..So they pretty much made 2 weeks of pay for 4 days..not a bad deal for selling something..

SirGray
11-18-2006, 07:33 AM
http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2944

They have a smash(Console) For every diffrent console. who cares anyway? waste of money really.

SirGray
11-18-2006, 07:33 AM
also there where xbox 360 fans that camped out. who cares what people do with there time or lives just stop judging people like a bastard

Cheese
11-18-2006, 12:24 PM
A man was shot in Putnam, Connecticut today by a pair of ski-mask wearing gunmen attempting to steal money from a queue of punters waiting in line to buy PlayStation 3 consoles, local police have revealed.

According to Lieutenant J Paul Vance, cited by the Associated Press, the would-be thieves threatened 15-20 people standing outside a Wal-Mart store at 3am local time. One man resisted and was subsequently shot. He was taken to hospital, but his condition is not known.
http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/ad/reg.hardware.4159/consoles;pos=middle;sz=336x280;tile=3;ord=ilmftNRk6jcAAHbPABkAAAE-? (http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/jump/reg.hardware.4159/consoles;pos=middle;sz=336x280;tile=3;ord=ilmftNRk6jcAAHbPABkAAAE-?)
The gunmen - both believed to be teenagers, Vance said - fled the scene empty handed.

Sony's PS3 went on sale in the US at midnight. Since then there have been numerous reports of unruly behaviour among queuing Americans, and even several allegations that muggers stole recently acquired consoles.

AP also reports that four people standing outside a BestBuy in Lexington, Kentucky were injured by pellets fired by someone in car as they drove past.Source (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/17/man_shot_in_ps3_queue/)

hippychick
11-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Ahh the marketing strategies for Christmas season. some people even stupid enough to buy it on e-bay for 6,000 or more...geez will people never learn :lol:

Wait until after Christmas, get it cheaper, no lines, better games and most the bugs have been worked out.
Here were I live 4 Gamestops were robbed, one person shot and many more arrested all for a stupid toy.

It just puts you in the Christmas spirit knowing you might get robbed or killed just going to the store.:rolleyes:

ram82082
11-19-2006, 06:00 AM
i doubt most of them were about the "toy"... do remember x-mas time is coming, ppl have kids.... and there are poor ppl in this world. so its either a present or it got sold for $$$$. besides if walked past some1 holding a ps3, id think about snatching it too.

GepperRankins
11-19-2006, 06:31 AM
i doubt most of them were about the "toy"... do remember x-mas time is coming, ppl have kids.... and there are poor ppl in this world. so its either a present or it got sold for $$$$. besides if walked past some1 holding a ps3, id think about snatching it too.
sony said there's no other way of launching a product. that's bullshit, they just want the publicity. now there's kids getting attacked and robbed in the streets.

they could have done it mail order only and it would have sold out as quick. just wouldn't have got stories about people fighting for playstations in the news

mr. nails
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
lol, i've did my share of shooting pistols and rifles while in the military. i'm pretty confident in my shooting skillz so i'd just conceal my .45 while i wait in line for the gay3 (not that i'd wait for a console). oops, be4 someone gets angry... ps3. sure, i don't wanna die, but if someone pulls a weapon, u'd better use it be4 i do. go XBOX360!

amopeo
11-19-2006, 01:30 PM
it was just crazy, they were stepping on people, shooting people down here. at the end of the day, it was not wort it. those people are just crazy.

asmithz
11-20-2006, 03:31 AM

I didn't read all that you said, but the first line. That is exactly what the topic of this thread is about, them being lame for stay in line for 3-4 days to get a system. Any system I don't care, I want a PS3 myself, but I will not stay in line for 4 days to get one. Get a a life you toad.

3RA1N1AC
11-23-2006, 07:59 AM
they could have done it mail order only and it would have sold out as quick. just wouldn't have got stories about people fighting for playstations in the news

they could've avoided the shortage (and the ridiculous retail price) by leaving out the blu-ray drive & just using standard dvd-rom. that blu-ray drive is expensive as fuck to manufacture, and has been very difficult to manufacture in large enough quantity. the videogames don't even need it... sony just wanted to use PS3 to beat toshiba's hd-dvd in the movie format battle.

good god.

i don't dislike sony any more than the other videogame companies. alright, i do have a place in my heart for sega. but i'm willing to acknowledge they all do their share of bad & stupid. sony, however. sony, however. the playstation brand name is so strong that it will easily beat xbox360 & wii, but damn, sony sure did spend the past year trying to sabotage the PS3's launch every way they could. the horrible, boring, ridiculous press conferences. 600 DOLLARS. GIANT ENEMY CRAB JUST LIKE IN JAPAN HISTORY. suing hong kong export sites (see: lik-sang.com) out of existence. etc etc. completely foolish arrogance. then the day comes when they're finally supposed to release the PS3, and they release fewer than a half-million PS3s to a huge country where people have been queued up outside of stores for a week. what a way to completely bungle the launch. they squandered a whole lot of customer excitement in the past year, just did everything they could to rain on their own parade... then when the product is supposed to fill the store shelves, there isn't enough of it to actually fill the store shelves.

i believe that most game consoles have a very poor selection of games for approx the first year. first year of PS2, the games looked worse than dreamcast. first year of xbox360, the games were just not very exciting or unique. okay, so... the games available for PS3 right now are prolly not very good... but nobody really knows for sure (not from first-hand experience, anyway) because hardly anybody who wants to PLAY PS3 actually owns one. the PS3s are all sitting un-played on ebay.

good grief.

sony themselves should've just auctioned the PS3s directly on ebay. cut out the middlemen. supply the mailman with a gun, so he can shoot the customer when he delivers the PS3. all the benefits of living in front of walmart for a week (getting a PS3, getting shot), none of the hassle (spending a week outdoors in the cold).

Busyman™
11-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah if Sony had eBayed the PS3s they'd have recouped their manufacturing cost easily, that's for sure.

They'd be in the black right now.