PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Trying To Upload Torrents!!!! Im Gonna Loose My Rag Real Soon!!!

millieme5
11-16-2006, 10:16 AM
RIGHT HERE GOES IM NEW TO THE ART OF DOWNLOADING TOREENTS ETC.....
I USE DEMONOID TO DOWNLOAD
I USE UTORRENT TO CREATE FILES TO SEED ( UPLOADING MY STUFF ONTO DEMONOID I BELIEVE)
DONT UNDERSTAND ALL THE LINGO IE:- SEEDING TORRENTS ETC VERY WELL
SO I USE THE DEMONOID HELP TO CREATE AND UPLOAD A TORRENT YEAH?

UNTIL I GET TO THE SECTION IN DEMONOID WHERE IT SAYS TORRENT FILE: AND A BLANK BOX WITH A BROWSE BUTTON
I BROWSE TO THE FILE IVE CREATED AND ENTER IT INTO THE BOX AND GET THIS:-
Problem with torrent: Wrong address: please verify that you are using the current Demonoid tracker address
IM GETTING EXTREMELY PISSED!!!!
CAN ANYONE HELP??? PLEASE USE SIMPLE TERMS AND NOT THIS LINGO I DONT REALLY GET
DESPERATE XX

Damnatory
11-16-2006, 11:13 AM
In the tracker address box you should have this:

http://inferno.demonoid.com:3394/announce

Also, demonoid requires you to include a small text file (located on their upload page) that just says that it was uploaded to demonoid tracker.

Aside from that, the guide should be pretty basic.

Also note, after you upload the torrent, you must download it from the tracker. You cannot use the torrent you created, once uploaded the tracker adds a key number to the torrent that your copy will not have.

Skiz
11-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, what he said. :rolleyes:

There was waaaaaay to many exclamation points, bold letters, and caps for me to even bother reading that shit.

millieme5
11-16-2006, 11:48 AM
thanks but still none the wiser

lysine
11-16-2006, 12:10 PM
perhaps you should do some reading and understand the basic terms and how bittorrent works, before you go any further. it's pretty obvious that you don't really want to learn anything, from this statement:

PLEASE USE SIMPLE TERMS AND NOT THIS LINGO I DONT REALLY GET

read up on how bittorrent works:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

the guides for utorrent:
http://utorrent.com/guides.php

the faq at demonoid:
http://www.demonoid.com/faq.php

:whistling

(btw, there's a forum for bittorrent, right under this one on the index. I don't see how you could miss it.)

millieme5
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Why Cant People Help Instead Of Just Be Plain Rude!!!!! These People Are A Great Help To This Forum And What Its Trying To Achieve Arent They??? People Who Genuinly Want To Help Only Please X

Skiz
11-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Why Cant People Help Instead Of Just Be Plain Rude!!!!! These People Are A Great Help To This Forum And What Its Trying To Achieve Arent They??? People Who Genuinly Want To Help Only Please X

Posting like a grown-up will help for starters. :dabs:

Everything you need has already been posted in this thread. If for some unknown reason you're still having problems, try telling us something a bit more specific than "still none the wiser". What are we supposed to take away from that? How does it help us to narrow down your problem(s) so that we can provide the help you're requesting? Again, be specific.

With the three links that 'lysine' posted, you should be able to become an expert on bit-torrent. Every answer to every question possible is contained in at least one of those links. If you have trouble with the terminology, look here:

A BitTorrent Dictionary, just for you...

P2P: Peer-to-Peer. There are different types. P2P File Sharing is where you can search files others have on their PC to download them. BitTorrent is P2P Downloading, where you're downloading a file from a set of peers, but not searching for files at all.

Piece: with BitTorrent, a file is broken down into many small blocks (often 100s). Peers can efficiently pass the pieces between themselves, sharing and downloading until the whole file is retrieved.

Peer: someone downloading the same file you are...you'll connect to them and share pieces of the file.

Seed: a Peer that has the whole file.

Swarm: name for the bunch of peers and seeds for a file.

Tracker: a server computer that coordinates all the peers and seeds for a file. One tracker can handle many files.

There are also plenty of helpful topics in the 'Guides and Tutorials' section of this forum as well.

All the info you need is at your fingertips! Get to it then. ;)

ram82082
11-16-2006, 10:36 PM
yea man "Demonoid tracker address" error would must likely mean (like damnatory said) that u used the wrong tracker address OR did not enter one at all. besides why would you come her to post about demonoid problems when you could, ummm contact them.

Skiz
11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
yea man "Demonoid tracker address" error would must likely mean (like damnatory said) that u used the wrong tracker address OR did not enter one at all. besides why would you come her to post about demonoid problems when you could, ummm contact them.

Probably b/c Demonoid forums have been shut down for a looooong time.

ram82082
11-17-2006, 12:39 AM
<--- did not kno that

lysine
11-17-2006, 01:33 AM

now I'm going to be rude. you are an idiot. I gave you the links to figure out everything you could possibly need to know. those links explain every term you could possibly encounter. you obviously don't want to do any learning on your own, and want someone to hold your hand and do it for you. I give you the answers, and you're still looking for them? good luck.

Damnatory
11-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Now now, it's best to just leave the situation alone. No need to be hostile about it. You only need to realize there is no way to help someone, who is not willing to help themselves.

lysine
11-18-2006, 06:19 AM
very true, my apologies.