PDA

View Full Version : surprise acts

4play
11-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Fancied starting a thread where people recommend music that they where actually surprised how good it was. Was bored poking around the alt.bin.sounds.mp3 groups and came across this little gem.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000ICL3D8.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41601280_.jpg

Teddybears : Soft Machine

1. Intro
2. Different Sound
3. Cobrastyle
4. Yours to Keep - Neneh Cherry, Teddybears
5. Are You Feelin' It - Elephant Man, Teddybears
6. Black Belt
7. Punkrocker - Iggy Pop, Teddybears
8. Ahead of My Time
9. Automatic Lover
10. Magic Kraut
11. Little Stereo
12. Riot Going On - Ebbot Lundberg, Teddybears
13. Alma

catchy, upbeat, euphoric alternative music with plenty of guitars, funk and electro thrown in to really make it shine. Any album that can boast having iggy pop and elephant man has got to be either one hell of a compilation or something special. Give it a try i bet you will be plesantly surprised.

now your turn recommend me something that shocked you by how good it really was.

mildthrill
11-17-2006, 02:02 AM
christina aguilera - back to basics

Maybe this isn't what you had in mind when you started this thread but I'm putting it out there. The most mainstream artist I think I've listened to in the last five years is probably Beck, so no-one was more surprised then me to find out I kinda dig this album!

It's probably a little drawn out, and I'm far from putting it out as greatest ever, but it's SURPRISINGLY enjoyable none the less. The only problem is I can't be caught listening to it in public because fists would hurt me more then maybe some of the flack I'll probably take for admitting this here.

snowultra
11-17-2006, 08:19 AM
im not sure i could go for christina even though she has a great voice, but i will check some out

teddy bears really sounds great thats more my speed right now.

4play
11-18-2006, 07:59 AM
christina aguilera - back to basics

Maybe this isn't what you had in mind when you started this thread but I'm putting it out there. The most mainstream artist I think I've listened to in the last five years is probably Beck, so no-one was more surprised then me to find out I kinda dig this album!

It's probably a little drawn out, and I'm far from putting it out as greatest ever, but it's SURPRISINGLY enjoyable none the less. The only problem is I can't be caught listening to it in public because fists would hurt me more then maybe some of the flack I'll probably take for admitting this here.

cool if you liked the album then i will also check it out. she has done some good stuff in the past.

4play
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M-s-sXwRL._SS500_.jpg

The Maccabees - Colour it in

1. Good Old Bill
2. X Ray
3. All In Your Rows
4. Latchmere
5. About Your Dress
6. Precious Time
7. O A V I P
8. Tissue Shoulders
9. Happy Faces
10. First Love
11. Mary
12. Lego
13. Toothpaste Kisses

Was recommended this album by my cousin and was pleasantly surprised by how good it is. kinda reminds me of the futureheads but i wont hold that against them. well worth a listen:01: