PDA

View Full Version : Help! Theres Somebody In My Computer! :blink:

el_tigra
05-13-2003, 10:19 AM
HI, last night somebody recieved an MSN from my computer but I wasnt even at home when that happened. Im a supernode since a couple of days and Ive been using Kaaza for a week now. This hasnt happend before, how big is the change the guy can acces my computer through Kaaza? :swear:

Barbarossa
05-13-2003, 11:14 AM
I don't think it's caused by Kazaa, also it could just be someone using your MSN sign-on from anywhere, not necessarily from your computer. They may have had access to your ID and password at some time..

I'd recommend a virus and trojan scan (www.antivirus.com have an online scanner if you don't have one), also you could try running a personal firewall such as ZoneAlarm.

Also I'd recommend changing your MSN password (and any other passwords for that matter) that you think someone else might know.

random nut
05-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Scan for viruses and trojans, etc. If you have pets, are you sure they can't use a computer?

Buffalo
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
I Recomend, free Sygate firewall, and free 6.0 from grisoft.
I have been using it now a long time and it's been very good.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/pumpencum/images/jonno.jpg

thadragon
05-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Will this help

Yeah.. i agree with you gues with this... it is NOT kazza but i think that you have an Trojan Horse (NOT a virus) Read the VIRUS :rtfaq:

But as people say download an Free Firewall... Or do you have Win XP then it is "built in" in the OS... :geek: (Shure iam not an geek, just telling) Another thing you can do is to goto this website (http://www.megagames.com) and search for an fire walll.... :flame: or Do it my style be an :pirate: and use KazZa... Do you have the KL (KaZaa Lite).... Try it an search for Firewall, Norton.. (Norton Personal Firewall) Or you can do it the o:) (angel) way and go to the store and buy the program..

BUT REMEMBER THIS

The term "software piracy" covers different activities: illegal copying of programs, counterfeiting and distributing software - even sharing a program with a friend. It's important to understand the different software piracy channels, not just to comply with the law but also to protect against bigger economic problems like lost revenue...and lost jobs.

Me and my :geek: 's again

N£MO
05-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by el_tigra@13 May 2003 - 11:19
HI, last night somebody recieved an MSN from my computer but I wasnt even at home when that happened. Im a supernode since a couple of days and Ive been using Kaaza for a week now. This hasnt happend before, how big is the change the guy can acces my computer through Kaaza? :swear:
Have you done a seance lately?? :huh: Could be paranormal activity :unsure: :blink: :D

downloadstop10.tk
05-13-2003, 07:45 PM
heey download ad adware or Tronjan remover :huh:

Wolfmight
05-15-2003, 12:00 AM
get Norton Antivirus.. the best

4play
05-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Have you done a seance lately??  Could be paranormal activity   

dont be silly. He has obviously been sleep posting. B)

It happens when you find a really good forum like this one. you go to bed at night and dream of the forum and in the middle of the night you will get up and start using the computer in your sleep.

The only cure is to spam the forum to get out all that posting stress.

Why do you think FC posts so much ;)

zapjb
05-15-2003, 01:43 AM
We're all fn mind readers. :lol: Where's the original poster? Hasn't said sh*t since about what he's done. Peace.

fallenknight308
05-15-2003, 07:34 AM
Get: Adaware, Zone alarm, Norton anti-virus, Evidence Eliminator, And Peer guardian.
Run them. Relax B)
Or just unplug the computer from the wall/connection :ph34r:

Curley
05-15-2003, 07:37 AM
Are you sure no-one has guessed your password for msn?

Spindulik
05-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry, but almost every day I see the topic "Help! Theres Somebody In My Computer!" listed. I know what the question is, but I just can't help envisioning a little troll climbing around the inner cabinet of that computer.