PDA

View Full Version : PS3 looks like shit so far...

silent h3ro
11-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Is it just me who sees the PS3 as a piece of shit? Almost all the launch titles suck ass and the only good game I see coming on it is Metal Gear 4, Resident Evil 5 and maybe Gran Turismo HD. I know its gonna sell good because of the PS2. If it wasn't for Blueray in the PS3, I know blueray would be dead. Right now I'm sticking to my Xbox 360. I actually hope HD DVD will win the format war. I don't like Sony, they are over priced, and hardware wise, pieces of shit. Just my opinion.... :P

mr. nails
11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
don't forget ffxiii & dmc4 man! also, yeah, so far over 200 ps2 titles are not playable on the ps3 and the ps3 isn't 1080i upscalable. pretty shit. i for one was wrong. when xbox360 and ps3 were first announced i was pulling in the direction of the ps3. i was proven wrong when the xbox360 was launched. well, 6 months afterward i should say. it's shaped up to quite a nice console. even though i still can't play panzer dragoon orta & shenmue on it. gay. maybe ps3 will cum about. i don't really care. hopefully, just hopefully, mgs4, re5, dmc3, and ffxiii will port to the xbox360 then i'll never have to worry.

as with the hd-dvd player for the 360. well, it's been cracked already and u can use it on ur pc now. weeee, yep, a hd-dvd rom for ur pc for $200. cheapers!

silent h3ro
11-19-2006, 02:08 AM
don't forget ffxiii & dmc4 man! also, yeah, so far over 200 ps2 titles are not playable on the ps3 and the ps3 isn't 1080i upscalable. pretty shit. i for one was wrong. when xbox360 and ps3 were first announced i was pulling in the direction of the ps3. i was proven wrong when the xbox360 was launched. well, 6 months afterward i should say. it's shaped up to quite a nice console. even though i still can't play panzer dragoon orta & shenmue on it. gay. maybe ps3 will cum about. i don't really care. hopefully, just hopefully, mgs4, re5, dmc3, and ffxiii will port to the xbox360 then i'll never have to worry.

as with the hd-dvd player for the 360. well, it's been cracked already and u can use it on ur pc now. weeee, yep, a hd-dvd rom for ur pc for $200. cheapers!I did not know how bad the backwards compatibility was personally, damn. I thought the PS3 was 1080p native? Also, that is really cool about the hddvd player, I didn't know.

Skillz808
11-20-2006, 12:01 AM

as with the hd-dvd player for the 360. well, it's been cracked already and u can use it on ur pc now. weeee, yep, a hd-dvd rom for ur pc for $200. cheapers!I did not know how bad the backwards compatibility was personally, damn. I thought the PS3 was 1080p native? Also, that is really cool about the hddvd player, I didn't know.

It is 1080p well on my tv it is, but i am actually already having problems with mine discs take longtime to come out and sems like my discs are already scratched because of that damn slotload i really hate slotload.

but as for resolution. i get 1080p as for upscalable havent tryed lol

suprafreak6
11-20-2006, 10:42 PM
it doesnt literally look shitty...(at least...haha)

lightshow
11-21-2006, 02:26 AM
In your list of games to look foward to for the ps3, make sure to add Silent Hill 5 (well it may make it to 360, but regardless, it's gonna be killer).

Skiz
11-21-2006, 02:38 AM
In your list of games to look foward to for the ps3, make sure to add Silent Hill 5 (well it may make it to 360, but regardless, it's gonna be killer).

...and Call of Duty3, F.E.A.R., Tony Hawk, GTA4, etc.. Don't forget that they're all in HD. I think you're underestimating the games by a long shot.

mr. nails
11-21-2006, 03:19 AM
all of these will be available on the 360 and wii so those won't be games to worry about. most likely hd on the 360 and mid '07 the wii is going to get an upgrade providing playback for dvd. hd? not sure..

ram82082
11-21-2006, 08:28 PM
why does everyone keep sayin, "the ps3 is too expensive, ill just play my 360"? werent they launched at like the same dam price. i dont get this console bashing bullsh*t. 360's launch titles sucked as well, every system has its problems at launch.

so instead of surfin for info about a system you dont like n wont buy, go play the one you got. Game knows more about the ps3 than i do and i actually intend on buying one when i can find one.

bladetears
11-21-2006, 09:17 PM
atleast the gfx on it is ownage compared to current systems

mr. nails
11-22-2006, 06:29 AM
werent they launched at like the same dam price.

no, ps3 is $200 more and u shoulda known that smart guy.

silent h3ro
11-22-2006, 11:54 PM
why does everyone keep sayin, "the ps3 is too expensive, ill just play my 360"? werent they launched at like the same dam price. i dont get this console bashing bullsh*t. 360's launch titles sucked as well, every system has its problems at launch.

so instead of surfin for info about a system you dont like n wont buy, go play the one you got. Game knows more about the ps3 than i do and i actually intend on buying one when i can find one.Fuck anyone who says ps3 is actually cheaper because of blueray built in and with Xbox you have to buy a seperate player. Nobody even knows which format is going to win yet, and guess what if you have the PS3 with the Blueray drive and it loses the format war then ur fucked. Atleast we get the option with Xbox.

cpt_azad
11-23-2006, 04:49 AM

so instead of surfin for info about a system you dont like n wont buy, go play the one you got. Game knows more about the ps3 than i do and i actually intend on buying one when i can find one.Fuck anyone who says ps3 is actually cheaper because of blueray built in and with Xbox you have to buy a seperate player. Nobody even knows which format is going to win yet, and guess what if you have the PS3 with the Blueray drive and it loses the format war then ur fucked. Atleast we get the option with Xbox.

Agreed. I was going to buy a PS3, thank fucking god I didn't do that (although I coulda bought it and sold it for hella mega profits).

So far the 360 is winning, and it will continue to win. Other than DMC3 and MGS4, it has shit all because all the other games will be multi-platformers.

Gran Turismo maybe, just maybe.

I remember how fanboys were shouting out that PS3 had gfx 10 times better than the 360, obviously this isnt the case.

But hey, knowing me, I'll probably end up buying a PS3 in a year or two.

lightshow
11-23-2006, 05:01 PM
HD is hyped way too much. Sure it looks good, but I'm not going to shell out another $700-$1200 bucks to get the same size screen I'm currently using, but in HD.

Oh, I guess I could get a third fourth or fifth job.

silent h3ro
11-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Agreed. I was going to buy a PS3, thank fucking god I didn't do that (although I coulda bought it and sold it for hella mega profits). Do you think you could have gotten your hands on one early? I would have Ebay'ed that shit for a bunch too. :P

Nice avatar btw, cpt. azad, I've listened to that CD everyday driving home from school for 2 weeks now (40 min drive some days). :)

silent h3ro
11-23-2006, 09:45 PM
HD is hyped way too much. Sure it looks good, but I'm not going to shell out another $700-$1200 bucks to get the same size screen I'm currently using, but in HD.

Oh, I guess I could get a third fourth or fifth job.It is hyped up but it is for a reason.:) If you have the cash and you are serious about it (big difference in picture, IMO) then it's worth it.

Qwerty
11-25-2006, 07:48 PM

Oh, I guess I could get a third fourth or fifth job.It is hyped up but it is for a reason.:) If you have the cash and you are serious about it (big difference in picture, IMO) then it's worth it.

Or you could just wait a few months when the price will be closer to $600 then what it is today...

silent h3ro
11-26-2006, 01:35 AM
It is hyped up but it is for a reason.:) If you have the cash and you are serious about it (big difference in picture, IMO) then it's worth it.

Or you could just wait a few months when the price will be closer to $600 then what it is today...Wake up, they already are! (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16889022032)

You can get a 1080p around a grand which is good.