PDA

View Full Version : What 3d Graphics App?

echidna
05-13-2003, 10:34 AM
i just DLed 3dstudiomax5 and found one of the .cab files corrupted
so stalled once again, while i DL the .cab, i thought i'd put it to you;
what 3d software do you think is the best?
did you get a reliable p2p copy?
what should i use?
[i'm a very confident user of illustrator and rasta apps like photoshop/fireworks already]

echidna
05-14-2003, 03:53 AM
Really Please
the 3dsmax5 i DLed from KL is inert shit [see my other post in softwareworld here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=30&t=33711)]
surely someone must have experience with a 3d application
what is it?
tell me how it is
what are the strengths or weaknesses
i need some feedback here

at least what are some alternatives to 3dsmax5? or tell me why you don't use 3d appz if you don't?

Spindulik
05-14-2003, 03:48 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nvj6/ech.jpg

dewy128
05-15-2003, 05:34 AM
Hey Spindulik How Long Did It Take U To Make That Pic

echidna
05-18-2003, 12:14 PM
I'll give it a try ;) thanx
both 3dsmax5 and lightwave 7 i DLed were corrupt crap
on a dial up too
how long did that render take you Spindulik? on what sys?

Stonecoldfreak1
05-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by dewy128@15 May 2003 - 05:34
Hey Spindulik How Long Did It Take U To Make That Pic
probably not long i bet those are preset pics

MagicNakor
05-18-2003, 12:39 PM
I use 3d Studio Max 5.1. Although I hear good things about Milkshape, which costs $25, if you want affordable. ;) Some people like Maya, others like Poser. It really depends on what you're wanting to do.

:ninja:

echidna
05-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@18 May 2003 - 22:39
I use 3d Studio Max 5.1. Although I hear good things about Milkshape, which costs $25, if you want affordable. ;) Some people like Maya, others like Poser. It really depends on what you're wanting to do.

i'd like to learn to draw and eventually animate 3d graphics like i can 2d
i'd probably be happy to produce web res output for a good while
how is 3dsmax to learn compared to say Aillustrator?

MagicNakor
05-19-2003, 08:23 AM
I've never heard of Aillustrator before, and Google's just showing me Russian and Japanese sites. ;) So you'll have to show me the site of it, or something. Poser might be what you're looking for, it has huge pre-created libraries to choose different things from (models, animations, etc). 3d max is used more for making game models and the like.

This (http://www.curiouslabs.com) is the website for Poser. From what I know of them both, 3d max has a steeper learning curve, but you can ultimately do more with it. Of course, most of the "more" is stuff most people likely don't need.

Storm-Boy
05-19-2003, 08:51 AM
echidna

I've been doing 3d for 3 years now as a hobbie and it's not what programme you use but who is making the model.
I use Max 5.1, Maya 4 and Poser 4.
Each of them have there strenghts over the other.
Find some tutorials at 3dbuzz.com and go from there.

Something i have noticed is that most 3d programmes are becoming more alike so there really is'nt much diff.
I just found Max the easiest to get around in and really no 3d prog is easy to get around in to start with.

Hope that helps mate.
:)

echidna
06-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@19 May 2003 - 18:23
I've never heard of Aillustrator before, and Google's just showing me Russian and Japanese sites. ;) So you'll have to show me the site of it, or something.
i was meaning adobe illustrator :: sorry MagicNakor :rolleyes:

ShockAndAwe^i^
06-05-2003, 04:57 AM
Hey echidna
I know your way past this but have you given Xara X and Xara line of products a chance?
The CD has movies(and tons more stuff as well)that show you how to use their products.
But I think your gonna have to use eMule to get the full CD as not enough people have it to share on kazaa.
Even if your far past something like Xara3D,I think that anyone would still find some good use of Xara products. ;)

btw I'm still waiting on spindiluck to tell us about his picture up there!
Very nice indeed!