PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I view the booze thread?

Seedler
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
When I click on the booze thread in da lounge it tells me that I do not have sufficient privilege to view the thread or that my account is pending activation?

Wtf?:(

Buffalo
11-19-2006, 05:19 PM
I have asked for it to be removed, hope you don't mind.

Respect :)

brotherdoobie
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
I have asked for it to be removed, hope you don't mind.

Respect :)

Baz,what's the point of posting it in the first place? I don't mind an edit of a post...however,having it removed is lame.

Don't you agree?

Peace bd

Buffalo
11-19-2006, 06:04 PM
No, sorry mate.

I have my reasons, and I don't want any trouble, so please end of story.

brotherdoobie
11-19-2006, 06:13 PM
No, sorry mate.

I have my reasons, and I don't want any trouble, so please end of story.

No trouble...I'm just puzzled.

Peace bd :)

peat moss
11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Buffalo , your threads are like watching a train wreck you know you should n't read or watch them but its hard . Your not going to find any help in the lounge so why bother . Get your shit together then come back here , self imposed ban maybe ?

I meant what I said in our PM's but its getting painful to watch your self destruction and deleting threads are wrong in my humble opinion .

I remember a respected member had the same problem but he got his shit together and came back to no ill effects and probably a new found respect .
Maybe some TUFF LOVE from the mods is in order if you can't do it yourself ?

Good luck tho , sorry if I sound like I don't care as thats so far from the truth .

Buffalo
11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
self imposed ban, I agree fully, And I think it's for the best.

I'm sorry, and i'm asking, please, end of story, CASE CLOSED

Yes I will come back when I'm better.

perhaps in the New Year!

Thanks, and see you later down the line :)

Respect

JPaul
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Same old same old.

peat moss
11-19-2006, 07:10 PM
And why do I feel like such a shit ? Its like that idea of calling someone out to slap their face , or force them to get help . Aids jokes or fag name calling is just wrong , and thought our forum was beyond that .

Funny thing about the Lounge I always thought it was a fun place to come and talk about anything that did n't make sence . Less moderated yes of cource .

Maybe time to add a couple of mods that understand the dynamics or jocularity of this great part of the forum ? We have the same rights in News World or Bittorrent 's section so give Manker or Jpaul the same right ?

peat moss
11-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Never mind it would never work ! I can see JP or Manker saying " I'd never join a group that would allow me as a member " Croucho Marx ?

JPaul
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
And why do I feel like such a shit ?

You shouldn't, particularly since he asked for that thread to be deleted. The one where everyone offered help and support.

That suddenly became inconvenient when he then called then wankers with no life.

Baz really does seem to think that he can say what he wants. Then get all offended when other people say that they aren't taking it.

Let's face it he's just an attention seeking hypocrite. Remember all the hassle Jonno and Nikki got, just for wanting to make a life together, thousands of miles away. Jonno hasn't posted here for ages, probably because of that. Nikki is infrequent, possibly for the same reason.

Gripper
11-19-2006, 07:24 PM
I wasn't joking about him getting an aids test,if you found out you were sleeping with a herion addict wouldn't it occur to you to get tested?
Try to help some people and the abuse you for it,thats not on.
I've got my share of problems and have sympathised and tried to help in the past,never again.

JPaul
11-19-2006, 07:37 PM
I wasn't joking about him getting an aids test,if you found out you were sleeping with a herion addict wouldn't it occur to you to get tested?

Nah.

I'd certainly give it serious consideration if I was shagging them though.

peat moss
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
The hardest part , I'm thinking you fellows are all friends and just fooling around so its hard to understand . I hate seeing someone get kicked when their down even if its self inflicted . I'v been there ,tho it was more self loathing than the booze . Deer Abby couldnt help this soul .

Seedler
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh so it was removed... It wasn't an underage like under 19 and you can't view threads talking about booze kinda thing.

I thought it was me

Skweeky
11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I think we all know that if you post in the lounge you will get the piss taken out of you at some point.

It's not a place to come when you're not feeling well and it's not a place to ask for sympathy either just because of that atmosphere.

I love coming in here every now and then to have a wee read though whatever was being said just because of that.

I wasn't well at all a couple of months ago but it never occurred to me to post all my problems in the lounge for everyone else to read because I knew what kind of reaction I would get to it.
In the past I have posted about some of my more negative experiences and have had conversations with several members about them but always in PM.

If you're not prepared to have the piss taken out whatever you said, then don't post in the lounge.
It's no use trying to change the dynamics of this place. It is what it is, so love it or leave it.

internet.news
11-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh so it was removed... It wasn't an underage like under 19 and you can't view threads talking about booze kinda thing.

I thought it was me

:pinch: :lol:

JPaul
11-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I think we all know that if you post in the lounge you will get the piss taken out of you at some point.

It's not a place to come when you're not feeling well and it's not a place to ask for sympathy either just because of that atmosphere.

I love coming in here every now and then to have a wee read though whatever was being said just because of that.

I wasn't well at all a couple of months ago but it never occurred to me to post all my problems in the lounge for everyone else to read because I knew what kind of reaction I would get to it.
In the past I have posted about some of my more negative experiences and have had conversations with several members about them but always in PM.

If you're not prepared to have the piss taken out whatever you said, then don't post in the lounge.
It's no use trying to change the dynamics of this place. It is what it is, so love it or leave it.

I hear what you are saying but that's not what happened. People were really supportive in that thread, particularly Sam4 and VB. There was no piss taking to speak off, just people taking the thread seriously and giving advice and sympathy.

Then the prick came back later and decided to slag everyone off. In a thread started specifically for that reason. Quelle surprise.

I have no idea why he asked for the original thread to be deleted however he has form for that as well.

Skweeky
11-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I know, but Baz seems to have gone off in a bit of a tangent after the 'WHY?' thread he posted.

He was asking why people were insulting him and calling him names etc...

He kinda lost the plot after that and started posting threads all over the lounge that were quite obviously a cry for help ( a strangled one, but one, nonetheless).

I was trying to make the point that this is not the place to be if you're not well or if you've having some sort of breakdown.

I've followed what's been going on but have purposely not replied to any of it.

I think me, and anyone else who ever suffered from a nervous breakdown or depression knows exactly what's going one but there's no one here who can help him.
It IS like watching a car crash. He's making an arse of himself but whether you show sympathy or not it's not going to make a difference. He can only pull himself out of it.

brotherdoobie
11-20-2006, 01:16 AM
Baz,has always been flaky...Right?

Peace bd

Alien5
11-20-2006, 01:17 AM
ive made a fool of myself a few time here aswel *cough* fake univerity certificate *cough* but even i would'nt admit i was wrong at the time :happy:, i made some stupid comments about people i dont even know myself and everyone jumped on me to call me all the names under the sun. so to cut a long story short - i dont know who he is or what hes done wrong - people here should just let him be. so what if he deleted his own thread, maybe he doesnt give a toss about anyone here - but thats the internet for you.

i like a good pisstake but when everyone makes comments about your avatar, your username and shit like that, it means they are getting personal in my book ( or trying to). thats what i saw happening today - i wanted to say something but i said i wouldnt get involved earlier, and i deleted everything i wanted to say. im not taking anyones side either so....

brotherdoobie
11-20-2006, 01:27 AM
ive made a fool of myself a few time here aswel *cough* fake univerity certificate *cough* but even i would'nt admit i was wrong at the time :happy:, i made some stupid comments about people i dont even know myself and everyone jumped on me to call me all the names under the sun. so to cut a long story short - i dont know who he is or what hes done wrong - people here should just let him be. so what if he deleted his own thread, maybe he doesnt give a toss about anyone here - but thats the internet for you.

i like a good pisstake and a joke but when everyone makes comments about your avatar, your username and shit like that, it means they are getting personal in my book ( or trying to). thats what i saw happening today - i wanted to say something but i said i wouldnt get involved earlyer, and i deleted everything i wanted to say. im not taking anyones side either so....

Yes,lad...that's the internet for you.
Fact.

Why bother dissecting teh inane pissing of another?

Peace bd ;)

Seedler
11-20-2006, 01:58 AM
booze gives you cancerous AIDS that kills you in 2 minutes. Fact.:yup:

Jagarga
11-20-2006, 01:59 AM

i like a good pisstake but when everyone makes comments about your avatar, your username and shit like that, it means they are getting personal in my book ( or trying to). thats what i saw happening today - i wanted to say something but i said i wouldnt get involved earlier, and i deleted everything i wanted to say. im not taking anyones side either so....

your username is shit and your avatar sooks mighty cawk. how ever you got to be a community guy with such a shit username and avatar i'll never know.

Alien5
11-20-2006, 02:05 AM
your username is shit and your avatar sooks mighty cawk. how ever you got to be a community guy with such a shit username and avatar i'll never know. coz i rep da community n shit. my username is better than yours jagaragaragaragar :P

brotherdoobie
11-20-2006, 02:09 AM
your username is shit and your avatar sooks mighty cawk. how ever you got to be a community guy with such a shit username and avatar i'll never know. coz i rep da community n shit.

Malcolm, is that you?

:ghostface

Peace bd :ph34r:

Jagarga
11-20-2006, 02:11 AM
peace bd

brotherdoobie
11-20-2006, 02:57 AM
Peace

Barbarossa
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
So yet again, all the exciting shit happens over the weekend, and I missed it :fist:

Damn the fact I have a life :frusty:

Cheese
11-20-2006, 03:19 PM

perhaps in the New Year!

Respect

So long. I can't wait for you next personal crisis and the resulting posting-madness. :emo:

JPaul
11-20-2006, 08:38 PM

perhaps in the New Year!

Respect

So long. I can't wait for you next personal crisis and the resulting posting-madness. :emo:

I suspect it will involve a nazi heroin addict and milk.