PDA

View Full Version : Lounge Mod

peat moss
11-20-2006, 07:20 AM
When are we going to clean up the lounge ? I'm pretty liberal but the gay bashing or drunkin threads are a disgrace . I thought we were a good place to come and share ideas , for any age ?

Please .......... I'm fucking sickened with the shit we allow . Not blaming anyone
but think I'll move on .

Buffalo
11-20-2006, 09:08 AM
as for the gay bashing,

I want my account removed from this site

Barbarossa
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
When are we going to clean up the lounge ? I'm pretty liberal but the gay bashing or drunkin threads are a disgrace . I thought we were a good place to come and share ideas , for any age ?

Please .......... I'm fucking sickened with the shit we allow . Not blaming anyone
but think I'll move on .

I'm finding it a bit tedious too now. I'll do it. :01:

Hairbautt
11-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I like this place, too. It really is great to post anywhere for help, info, you name it just about. I didn't think the lounge was all that bad, but I've learned to watch my step for sure.

For any age?...:mellow: I like my right to cuss (curse). :pinch:

Damnatory
11-24-2006, 07:09 PM

but think I'll move on .

Unfortunately this has always been a source of a lot of complaint, and I understand why completely. Though it's always come down to the decision that the lounge is the original off-topic, with no real sense of moderation, while we focus on the on-topic forums. Really the only rule that is consistently broken in the lounge is the excessive flaming. Editing or deleting of those threads just sparks an onslaught of articulate crying and whining about censorship.

A few would argue that "it's all in good fun", but I refuse to believe that, and I rarely visit the lounge because of it.

peat moss
11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm sure glad that I'm not the only one . I was afraid to come back here ,thought I had lost what little resepct I had here on the forum, lounge included .

Reality explained to me the reasons and that's good enough for me . Sorry for caring or being a butt head , I'd ask for this thread to be closed but rather my posts to be shown warts and all . And yes the lounge should remain as it is .

Basquiat
11-29-2006, 07:11 PM
i like to think of the lounge as a nyc subway...if your sensitive about anything best not to enter, but on the other hand i can understand where ur coming from, i dont know nothing bothers mereally, so whatever.

Hairbautt
11-29-2006, 07:34 PM
i like to think of the lounge as a nyc subway...if your sensitive about anything best not to enter
:unsure: Yeah, just look what happened to me in the Geptard thread. :ermm:

Skiz
11-29-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm sure glad that I'm not the only one . I was afraid to come back here ,thought I had lost what little resepct I had here on the forum, lounge included .

Reality explained to me the reasons and that's good enough for me . Sorry for caring or being a butt head , I'd ask for this thread to be closed but rather my posts to be shown warts and all . And yes the lounge should remain as it is .

Mind sharing the conversation that RealitY and you shared? Seems it made you change your mind. :huh:

JPaul
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Chaps,

The point of the lounge is that if we have it then there is no excuse for spamming elsewhere and it helps keep the rest of the forum free from it.

I'm sure you'll agree that works and that those who don't want to post or read there simply don't have to. People visit the parts they want and ignore the parts they don't.

To my mind this works and it works well, so what's the problem.

Skiz
11-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Chaps,

The point of the lounge is that if we have it then there is no excuse for spamming elsewhere and it helps keep the rest of the forum free from it.

I'm sure you'll agree that works and that those who don't want to post or read there simply don't have to. People visit the parts they want and ignore the parts they don't.

To my mind this works and it works well, so what's the problem.

I agree, but it seems that peat moss wasn't so upset about spamming as he has about the bigotry and incessant flaming.

peat moss
11-30-2006, 09:36 AM

Mind sharing the conversation that RealitY and you shared? Seems it made you change your mind. :huh:

Basically it was as Jpaul posted and made me think their right . The mods can't be everywhere , the few hurtful posts were deleted along with the good ones as well so no one wins I guess .

I should of just reported the post instead of posting a rant in this thread , the fact Reality bothered to Pm me gave me a different outlook and I realized I was wrong . ;) If the mods feel this should be closed , you have my blessing .

JPaul
11-30-2006, 08:14 PM
If there is any real bigotry then indeed it should be brought to the mods attention.

However sometimes these things can be down to a misunderstanding. We are a forum with people from all sorts of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. I think it's almost inevitable that misunderstanding will occur.

What makes the board fun, the diversity it offers, may also be one of it's weaknesses leading to these misunderstandings.

At the end of the day I'm just glad this situation got sorted out and that peat has decided to stay around. Common sense and sensitivity prevails.