PDA

View Full Version : Site Help

TRshady
05-13-2003, 02:50 PM
ok, this is my first attempt ever at making a site and I'm getting on quite well. The thing I can't get right is the animatoins using xara. I see loads of sigs using them and the qualitys great, so what am I doing wrong?

The animation looks amazing in xara but when exported loses all its quality, can anyone help?

My site (http://www.geocities.com/trshadysworld/)

honestly, this is not done for hits, I really do want to create a good quality site (yes, using shitty geocities :( ).

echidna
05-13-2003, 03:21 PM
do you mean the letters swelling in the img http://www.geocities.com/trshadysworld/tr.gif?
that gif is huge man
something isn't right
for the limited effect i don't think the file weight is justified as it doen't add content
i'd recomend using MM fireworks for animating and optimizing web graphix
i imagine xara has a very wizard interface 'type text here' 'select animationstyle' etc. fireworks is a real pixel mill so you'll never need to get anything else for the net but may have a learning curve compared to xara
pallette bredth and the way the image is anti aliased will also effect the visual flavor of the gif

also [b] & <font> tags are being depreciated so use [i] & [b] rather than [i] and [b] and use CSS to style your text [also get cool control of links and scrollbars] also too many empty

s
try to use logical heirarchic tags like the heading tags better
shame it&#39;s all M&#036;, beware of the fuz :ph34r: and view source :lol:

TRshady
05-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the reply and advice :) , I&#39;m using ms frontpage and only no basic html so the second paragraph made no sense to me :unsure: . I suppose I&#39;ll try fireworks as you recommend but the sigs on this board look excellent and thats using xara so I wanted to know what I was doing wrong.

Thanks anyway :)

btw, that link to the pic don&#39;t work but yes it&#39;s the animation at the top of my page.

echidna
05-13-2003, 03:45 PM
yeah the link is weird
initially i just put in the url of the img without bb tagging it as a link and the board automatically made it a link which didn&#39;t work :huh:
so i edited the tagging so it was a link and it still won&#39;t work :o
but if you paste it into your browser it does work <_<
some kinda referer detection i guess

you&#39;ve gotta learn html, it&#39;s the bottom line of this web thing and soooooo basic and microsoft aren&#39;t good people to learn from so be careful :lol:
read alistapart (http://www.alistapart.com/) to see how crazy it can get while learning some helpful advice :D

The Knife Thrower
05-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Fucking Hell. That image is huge.

TRshady
05-13-2003, 05:17 PM
ok, changed it back, and undergone major revamp.
Getting mm studio now, that should help me. :)

junkyardking
05-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey TRshady i hate to be a downer but as soon as geocities(yahoo) finds that your hosting roms on your site they shut you down.

TRshady
05-14-2003, 06:03 PM
damn, I was hoping this weren&#39;t true :( , oh well ...... rush and get &#39;em&#33; :)

I need a good hoster butcan&#39;t find any :(

Can you see any ads when you visit my site?

It seems I have none :)

oh, I hate geocities. And all I want to do is help others :&#39;(

echidna
05-18-2003, 12:29 PM
to find a host for that kinda game you&#39;ll need to find someone with asian or eastern european language skills to help you register where they don&#39;t worry so much about copyright

Buffalo
05-18-2003, 01:04 PM
TRshady, Your got my vote, nice one mate.
It&#39;s gr8 2 c an Emulator that works, and thank you.
Brings back some good mem&#39;s of the saga days.
Keep it up mate :D

echidna
05-18-2003, 02:10 PM
@CELEBS_ARE_US :: with a handle like that you&#39;ve gotta know some good open minded hosts ehh ;)
it&#39;s supposed to be a sharing community aint it?

Buffalo
05-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by echidna@18 May 2003 - 14:10
@CELEBS_ARE_US :: with a handle like that you&#39;ve gotta know some good open minded hosts ehh ;)
it&#39;s supposed to be a sharing community aint it?
Hi ya echidna, You wish, ha ha ha :lol: .
No i have got web sites but not with Famous nudes on :lol:
That would take all the fun out of it, Lets say i was in love with Jenna Jameson, it&#39;s easier for me to search for that single picture than to get a page full of crap in my face.
What i like i hope you like, Nothing over the top just good fun&#33;&#33;&#33;
Cheers Mate, From Barry

Got_brains?
05-18-2003, 08:00 PM
This is also for people that don&#39;t wont to hunt around warez/cracks site that may cause unwanted damage. Also I have noticed that my favourite serials site now forces you to install a free sex toolbar which I am sure you wouldn&#39;t want. Unless your name is FuNkY CaPrIcOrN.

Funny&#33; Good site&#33; Keep learning and dont give up&#33;

Got_brains?
05-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Kazaa Lite: Those of you who have seen kazaa will already know the advantages of having a p2p application on your computer and this is the modified version of the original kazaa with NO spyware/adware and loads of features&#33;. For more information, please visit: http://www.k-lite.tk (it&#39;s official site) for the opportunity of joining an excellent forum for getting help with pc problems, helping others, sharing tips, discussing kazaa and even has sections devoted to music, movies, books, games, software and hardware&#33;

:D