PDA

View Full Version : Games lag after adding sound card?

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Today I bought a Sound Blaster Audigy SE, installed it fine, handles songs and video perfectly but when I try to play CSS or DODS it lags quite a fair bit? aren't sound cards supposed to take away a healthy chunk of work from the CPU? The actual sound quality in game is perfect its just teh lag? :unsure:

Tried the driver that came with it and the latest one, disabled the onboard sound too.

*Mobo's a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
I just played CnC Generals and Half Life 2 offline and they worked perfectly but when I had a go at Half Life 2 Death match I got the same problem as CSS and DODS :pinch:

Gripper
11-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Have you checked your internet speed is running right,and are you up or down loading anything.

david02
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Do you have a conflict in device manager?

Maybe installing the soundcard in a different slot will help.

Check if it is possible to use a different configuration in device manager for your soundcard. Check the properties for that.

See if you have the latest directx version and check if it has problems with dxdiag.

See if things help if you turn back the hardware accelleration of your soundcard back a few notches. (if available) This could well be the problem!

Also install the latest graphic drivers or even use an older graphicdrivers version!

good luck