PDA

View Full Version : is it or isn't it civil war?

vidcc
11-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Iraq

is it civil war?
NBC and MSNBC have decided to officially call it a civil war, other news outlets are resisting.

I think that there are other things going on so there are grey areas, but for the most part I think a civil war is ongoing.

j2k4
11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I voted "no".

I'm just a northern rebel, I guess.

Barbarossa
11-28-2006, 09:36 AM
I voted yes, but to be honest, I think it's quite an uncivil war :dabs:

bigboab
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes. How very convenient. Now we can ask the UN to send in armed forces to control it.:rolleyes:

Ava Estelle
11-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm just a northern rebel ..

Shouldn't that be northern yankee?

amopeo
11-28-2006, 12:54 PM
i vote yes it is

j2k4
11-28-2006, 08:42 PM

To some, certainly.

Not to me.

I am not a party-line guy, though I am aware you haven't noticed.

bigboab
11-28-2006, 09:15 PM
This is true. I have noticed a wee bit of the Democrat creeping in lately. If you cant beat them join them. Four years is a long time.:rolleyes:

ram82082
11-28-2006, 09:36 PM

thats redundant, smartass

newho.... i say no, jus because there are too many factions.

j2k4
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
This is true. I have noticed a wee bit of the Democrat creeping in lately. If you cant beat them join them. Four years is a long time.:rolleyes:

My democrat tendencies are highly idealized, though.

Those of the national party are not.

I have empathy for all; but where I will tell you how to help yourself, they will merely buy it done, because to do so does not empower you, it makes you subservient and dependent on them.

I don't like that idea at all (at all). :noes:

j2k4
11-28-2006, 11:24 PM

Quite right.

See here-

You are obviously not a run-of-the-mill young skull full of mush; stop using the internet jargon exclusively and spell the words out so as to make the proper impression.

You will find it therapeutic, at a minimum, and in return we will reveal the secrets of the universe to you. :yup:

JPaul
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM

Stop arguing with yourself, no-one's impressed and it's old hat.

FFS even I've been doing that for like ages.

Ava Estelle
11-29-2006, 08:06 AM
White House on defensive as US media breaks taboo to declare conflict 'civil war'

... on Monday NBC News used one of its best-known presenters, Matt Lauer, to declare the network's semantic defiance of the White House. "After careful consideration, NBC News has decided a change in terminology is warranted, that the situation in Iraq, with armed, militarised factions fighting for their own political agendas, can now be characterised as civil war."

Source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1959479,00.html)

lynx
11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
White House on defensive as US media breaks taboo to declare conflict 'civil war'

... on Monday NBC News used one of its best-known presenters, Matt Lauer, to declare the network's semantic defiance of the White House. "After careful consideration, NBC News has decided a change in terminology is warranted, that the situation in Iraq, with armed, militarised factions fighting for their own political agendas, can now be characterised as civil war."

Source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,1959479,00.html)
Next thing you know, Fox will be calling at a civil war too. :rolleyes:

No, forget that, I don't know what I was thinking. :noes:

ram82082
11-30-2006, 06:13 AM

Quite right.

See here-

You are obviously not a run-of-the-mill young skull full of mush; stop using the internet jargon exclusively and spell the words out so as to make the proper impression.

You will find it therapeutic, at a minimum, and in return we will reveal the secrets of the universe to you. :yup:

n exactly who wood i be tryin 2 impress wit this "proper impression"? u?:huh:

Ava Estelle
11-30-2006, 11:35 AM

m, id sy f u trd 2 rit prper so dat wee cud reed wot u av 2 sa u wudnt luk sow dumb.

j2k4
11-30-2006, 11:17 PM
See here-

Just so.

Do you think it unimportant?