PDA

View Full Version : easy speaker fix help

suprafreak6
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
so i got new speakers off ebay, except dumb guy didnt tell me the sub had the middle thing that you can push in, inverted partially how can i make it pop back out
i know something easy can be done...

suprafreak6
11-28-2006, 11:20 PM
i guess ican post some pictures sometime

tesco
11-28-2006, 11:46 PM
You mean like this, right?

I have a speaker that's like that and would also like to know how to pop it back out.:)

suprafreak6
11-28-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah like that that silver thing on mine is partially pushed in...cmon someones gotta know some kinda technique, i was gonna give a straw a really large suck in and give that a whirl

suprafreak6
11-29-2006, 12:31 AM
fixed my other problem still need help on that first problem thats up there

tesco
11-29-2006, 12:39 AM
i also have another problem, the dude has some of the speakerwire going from the rear right speaker stripped and i tried to fix em up and then put electrical tape over it but that didnt work how can i repatch this and make it work, theres plenty of wire to work with would i need to solder and then tape up?
You could just strip the wires and wrap them together then tape. You don't have to solder.
Just make sure they don't touch...you can use marettes if you want or other types of connectors if you have any.

suprafreak6
11-29-2006, 01:00 AM
haha so you saw that? or you can revive the dead YOU NECROMANCER! anyone else have an answer to mine and rossco's problem?

Virtualbody1234
11-29-2006, 03:56 AM
A depressed center doesn't prevent proper functioning so just leave it alone. But if you really want to try...

If the center dome is cloth then use a pin.

If it's metal then try sticking some strong tape (duct tape) and try to pull it out.

Gum can work too. Stick it on and let it dry then pull.

suprafreak6
11-29-2006, 12:11 PM
interesting
i guess i could give something a whirl

97cv
12-05-2006, 06:02 AM
I used a bread tie on mine .I stripped the paper off and bent the end .insert and pull out.BADA-BING.Then a DOT of superglue to close the hole.Your voice coil is under there and its just better to keep it clean

suprafreak6
12-08-2006, 12:49 AM
i also have another problem, the dude has some of the speakerwire going from the rear right speaker stripped and i tried to fix em up and then put electrical tape over it but that didnt work how can i repatch this and make it work, theres plenty of wire to work with would i need to solder and then tape up?
You could just strip the wires and wrap them together then tape. You don't have to solder.
Just make sure they don't touch...you can use marettes if you want or other types of connectors if you have any.

wait i dont get that, first off the speaker isnt fixed second i didnt try this, third if i strip the wires and wrap them together with tape how can they not touch? also what are marettes google wasnt being so friendly....please explain... thanks!:shutup:

tesco
12-08-2006, 12:59 AM
wrap the blacks together and the reds together, seperately. :frusty:

Marrette:
http://tnblnx3.tnb.com/emAlbum/albums/Marrettes/MarretteWireConnectors_intro.jpg

You twist them onto wires to hold them together and make sure they don't touch anything (insulate).

suprafreak6
12-08-2006, 01:19 AM
oops
didnt put separate...gotta go pick up marrettes and then ill try it...

lynx
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
If you have to go out and get some, you would probably be better off getting insulated terminal blocks.
http://www.workshopsupplies.co.uk/media/etb2-5.jpg

4play
12-08-2006, 11:53 AM
If you have to go out and get some, you would probably be better off getting insulated terminal blocks.
http://www.workshopsupplies.co.uk/media/etb2-5.jpg

I would defiently recommend buying these to connect up your speakers. they are very cheap and can save alot of bother. taping up speaker wires isnt ideal especially in cars where the car tends to get damp and they fall off after a while. The last thing you want is to be taking door panels off only to find the wires are loose or touching the metal frame of the door.

I have never thought about buying second hand speakers as its impossible to tell what kind of condition they are in until you actually use them for a while.

suprafreak6
12-08-2006, 10:11 PM
uh insulated terminal blocks would do the same thing as marrettes?

suprafreak6
12-08-2006, 10:12 PM
btw this isnt for a car

suprafreak6
12-09-2006, 01:19 AM
fixed it! its all working again! Thanks guys

tesco
12-09-2006, 01:21 AM
fixed it! its all working again! Thanks guysWhat did you do?

BTW 4Play my car's stereo is wired using electrical tape so: :P

One day when I'm bored I'll marrette the wires or something. :idunno:

Virtualbody1234
12-09-2006, 02:23 AM
fixed it! its all working again! Thanks guysWhat did you do?

BTW 4Play my car's stereo is wired using electrical tape so: :P

One day when I'm bored I'll marrette the wires or something. :idunno:

If done properly, electrical tape is better than marrettes in a vehicle.

tesco
12-09-2006, 03:47 AM
hmm what do you mean by 'properly'?

lynx
12-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Marrettes aren't a good idea in a car because they can shake loose.

Badly installed tape, such as fitting it when things are damp or using pieces which are too short, can also drop off.

I assume that's why VB says "done properly".

jake45232
12-17-2006, 09:32 AM
just stick something to it then gently pull it out, it should work