PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Speed Up Tip!

Liquid Rogue
05-14-2003, 02:29 PM
bobdobbs once posted a tip in january to make the downloads faster. This tip is slowly fading away, going further back the posts list with every day that passes.....

So, ill re-post bobdobbs tip.

On the traffic section, if you are downloading something with more than one source, there should be a little + next to the downloads name. Click it to reveal all the sources of the download. Look for parts that say 0.00kbs, and click on them. Now, right click, and select "Find more sources for dowload" on every one that is 0.00kbs. This should boost your d.l speed incredibly. Again, thanks to bobdobbs for that tip!

Another tip : Use diet kaza. Search in google for "Diet Kazaa" (search for diet kazaa as a whole word, so put " around it) and download it. In the transfers section, put "1" in the first 2 boxes. Now, start your download, and branch it open to reveal all the sources. You will see all the 0.00kb/s downloads speeding up! Although it is possible to use speed up at the same time, dont, because it will gain priority over diet kaza and stop it

tragedygirl
05-14-2003, 03:59 PM
thanks for that!!! You guys are great with the tips!!! :)

ripley02
05-14-2003, 04:15 PM
yeah that is a good tip. i remember when that came out.

OcramC
05-17-2003, 11:27 AM
considering that the trick was higher than this one before I posted there aint much chance of it dying

amphoteric88
05-17-2003, 11:29 AM
removed

ikara
05-17-2003, 02:21 PM
By the sound of the other tip it appears you might think Diet Kazaa is better than Kaza Lite, I haven't tried it but is there a difference?

amphoteric88
05-17-2003, 02:26 PM
removed

dgmortal
05-17-2003, 02:27 PM
there is no use using diet kazaa if you have K++. K++ can do everything that diet kazaa can, and then alot more. the newest version of kazaa lite has a built in speedup tool that works better than speedup and doesnt hog system resources.

By the sound of the other tip it appears you might think Diet Kazaa is better than Kaza Lite, I haven't tried it but is there a difference?
diet kazaa is just an add-on tool, but like i said, if you have K++, there's no need for diet kazaa.

tragedygirl
05-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi!! Stupid question time again!! Now i've preety much read these forums really well, but just want to ask one thing, I might have missed it posted somewhere else!

Now..this speedup tool...I cant find it..i've clicked all the options and buttons I have but its aviding discovery!! I am using Kazaa lite...and I heard it is a feature that comes with this download, but where is is...or is it already automatically running?? Forgie me itf you guys think this is an obvious question!!

If not...do i get it from diet kazza??? Thanks for reading this!!

itsonelouder
05-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Rogue@14 May 2003 - 14:29
bobdobbs once posted a tip in january to make the downloads faster. This tip is slowly fading away, going further back the posts list with every day that passes.....

On the traffic section, if you are downloading something with more than one source, there should be a little + next to the downloads name. Click it to reveal all the sources of the download. Look for parts that say 0.00kbs, and click on them. Now, right click, and select "Find more sources for dowload" on every one that is 0.00kbs. This should boost your d.l speed incredibly. Again, thanks to bobdobbs for that tip!

Another tip : Use diet kaza. Search in google for "Diet Kazaa" (search for diet kazaa as a whole word, so put " around it) and download it. In the transfers section, put "1" in the first 2 boxes. Now, start your download, and branch it open to reveal all the sources. You will see all the 0.00kb/s downloads speeding up! Although it is possible to use speed up at the same time, dont, because it will gain priority over diet kaza and stop it
i've tried this tip and i honestly don't know what all the hype is about. this doesn't work, plain and simple. i can't believe th............i stop now

basics
05-17-2003, 07:52 PM
i think u need to select it when you install the kazzaa lite application, if u re-install select custom install and u can select it with some other tools.

personally i didnt install it because hwen i originally got the program i installed it and it came with a free worm!

itsonelouder
05-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by basics@17 May 2003 - 19:52
i think u need to select it when you install the kazzaa lite application, if u re-install select custom install and u can select it with some other tools.

personally i didnt install it because hwen i originally got the program i installed it and it came with a free worm!
Select what!? Raving bob bennett on a bouncer, what do i select in the install?

Icey
05-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by itsonelouder+17 May 2003 - 20:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itsonelouder @ 17 May 2003 - 20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Liquid Rogue@14 May 2003 - 14:29

On the traffic section, if you are downloading something with more than one source, there should be a little + next to the downloads name. Click it to reveal all the sources of the download. Look for parts that say 0.00kbs, and click on them. Now, right click, and select "Find more sources for dowload" on every one that is 0.00kbs. This should boost your d.l speed incredibly. Again, thanks to bobdobbs for that tip&#33;

Another tip : Use diet kaza. Search in google for "Diet Kazaa" (search for diet kazaa as a whole word, so put " around it) and download it. In the transfers section, put "1" in the first 2 boxes. Now, start your download, and branch it open to reveal all the sources. You will see all the 0.00kb/s downloads speeding up&#33; Although it is possible to use speed up at the same time, dont, because it will gain priority over diet kaza and stop it
i&#39;ve tried this tip and i honestly don&#39;t know what all the hype is about. this doesn&#39;t work, plain and simple. i can&#39;t believe th............i stop now [/b][/quote]
it works for me.. but only for about a minute.. nothing special :(

itsonelouder
05-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Icey+17 May 2003 - 20:24--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Icey @ 17 May 2003 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -itsonelouder@17 May 2003 - 20:47
<!--QuoteBegin--Liquid Rogue@14 May 2003 - 14:29

On the traffic section, if you are downloading something with more than one source, there should be a little + next to the downloads name. Click it to reveal all the sources of the download. Look for parts that say 0.00kbs, and click on them. Now, right click, and select "Find more sources for dowload" on every one that is 0.00kbs. This should boost your d.l speed incredibly. Again, thanks to bobdobbs for that tip&#33;

Another tip : Use diet kaza. Search in google for "Diet Kazaa" (search for diet kazaa as a whole word, so put " around it) and download it. In the transfers section, put "1" in the first 2 boxes. Now, start your download, and branch it open to reveal all the sources. You will see all the 0.00kb/s downloads speeding up&#33; Although it is possible to use speed up at the same time, dont, because it will gain priority over diet kaza and stop it
i&#39;ve tried this tip and i honestly don&#39;t know what all the hype is about. this doesn&#39;t work, plain and simple. i can&#39;t believe th............i stop now
it works for me.. but only for about a minute.. nothing special :([/b][/quote]
sweet baby moses in a rush basket............... that aint working, don&#39;t be sucked in by the hype. i&#39;ve been trying to flip open those threads until my knuckles stiffened&#33; i&#39;m now registered disabled&#33;&#33;

itsonelouder
05-17-2003, 10:14 PM
kazaaignite doesn&#39;t work either