PDA

View Full Version : Do The Yanks Ever Learn? Matrix2!

andy257
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Just realised that the matrix reloaded comes out on May the 15th in America and then Europe on May the 21st. Do the producers of films like this ever learn? i mean its going to be pirated and dished out on the net before it reaches over here.

There is a 7 day gap between the two release dates and god knows how many pirate copied are going to be released in that time. It doesn’t really bother me because I want to see it in all its glory at the cinema but there area a small percentage of people who will just watch the pirate copy and not go to the cinema.

If the producers of the matrix had actually thought of this they might make more money. Lord of the rings did a worldwide release on the same date mainly to compensate for piracy due to the money it loses the industry every year.
I can only think that the yanks have done this to get one over on the rest of the world to say we got it first because we made it etc.

Well in my opinion if the yanks are so proud of who made the film they can have there 7 days because its going to loose them shit loads of money. Probably millions.

Sorry for the ramble guys but I had to get it off my chest
I am ready for all the complains from you Americans but it wasn’t really a dig at the American public, just the producers of the film.

thank you
andy257

{I}{K}{E}
05-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by andy257@14 May 2003 - 16:32
Just realised that the matrix reloaded comes out on May the 15th in America and then Europe on May the 21st. Do the producers of films like this ever learn? i mean its going to be pirated and dished out on the net before it reaches over here.

There is a 7 day gap between the two release dates and god knows how many pirate copied are going to be released in that time. It doesn’t really bother me because I want to see it in all its glory at the cinema but there area a small percentage of people who will just watch the pirate copy and not go to the cinema.

If the producers of the matrix had actually thought of this they might make more money. Lord of the rings did a worldwide release on the same date mainly to compensate for piracy due to the money it loses the industry every year.
I can only think that the yanks have done this to get one over on the rest of the world to say we got it first because we made it etc.

Well in my opinion if the yanks are so proud of who made the film they can have there 7 days because its going to loose them shit loads of money. Probably millions.

I am ready for all the complains from you Americans but it wasn’t really a dig at the American public, just the producers of the film.

thank you
andy257
I think your wrong I live in the Netherlands and the movie will be released on the 15th!

Benno
05-14-2003, 03:04 PM
I live in Austria and it will be released on the 21th.

VB
05-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Here in The Netherlands is will be the 15th too.

ezyryder
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
I live in the united kingdom, and the 21st sadly is the release date. As I write this, I am frantically searching for the cinema's telephone number to electronically book my ticket(s) for the night (and the next few showings!)

I personally think, that the chance to see a movie of this calibre, will reduce the demand for pirates. I myself will see it more than once at the cinema, even if I download it!

----------------

Rest In Pece: Noel Redding 1945 - 2003... the Jimi Hendrix Bassist who died yesterday.

Longdong
05-14-2003, 03:44 PM
im going to see it but probably not untill about th 25th, i hate busy cinemas! nice avatar andy who's the lady?

ISthisLEGAL.com
05-14-2003, 05:07 PM
I LIVE ON THE MOON AND SAW THE MOVIE LAST WEEK!!!! :P

slick nick
05-14-2003, 05:52 PM
I was about to rip you a new one for the "Yank" bashing but saw the sig and clalmed down. :P "Yank"nish has nothing to do with it or pride over who made the film, it's just a stupid move. A giant one. But lets be for real here. I'm gonna download it in the coming hours but I'll still go see it. I think they banked on that. I would never go see lord of the rings in the cinema. The stories not worth 10 bucks to me but this has story and action and thus towers above a loss by opening a week later in different countries.

Jonne
05-14-2003, 07:29 PM
it's out on may 15th in belgium too...

anyways, 6 days isn't that much time, some movies take months to cross the ocean...

DognerDJ
05-14-2003, 07:58 PM
I live in Slovenija , and it is out in 14th ....

..... June !
;)

Jonne
05-14-2003, 08:12 PM
bummer... :P

sred2003
05-14-2003, 08:26 PM
it's just a stupid move. A giant one.

i would be upset at having to wait 7 days longer to see the movie as well.
but don't be so quick to make baseless judgement. the movie will not make
any less money because of it. and pretty much every movie is released in this
way internationally. you guys act like they have something against foreign
countries. lol. if you are that upset why don't you do some research on WHY
movies aren't released at the same time everywhere. because its not the
producers of the matrix problem, its the movie industries problem. and to go
even further, its really your problem with the industry because if they felt it
mattered they would have worldwide releases on movies. and saying
its a giant stupid move makes no sense to me. maybe you will explain.

smellmycomputer
05-14-2003, 09:16 PM
yeah, but what about the jackass move. that was out on DVD in america before it was even in the cinemas in england, so comparativly this isn't that bad

Blue_Seraphim
05-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by andy257@14 May 2003 - 09:32

thank you
andy257
Dude are you serious :blink: They have problably already made more money than God off this thing. Its the biggest advertising stunt in history. I've never seen more commercials and BS with movie themes than with this one.

ThunderRoller
05-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I live in the Hell!Does it come here too?

FlamingYob
05-15-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm in England and they've been running ads all day saying it's out today (15th)

Nesseight
05-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Takes a while to ship it... :P

Piracy is over-exhaderaed, they don't lose any money because anyone willing to watch a shitty copy has no intention of watching it in theaters. Besides, in a few years they will be the real pirates, with palladium they can literally have pay-per-view.avi, taking people's money will be like taking candy from a baby...

I don't understand your comments about "Yanks..." I was never really good with English, could someone please translate that to American or Yankish?

slick nick
05-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by sred2003@14 May 2003 - 21:26

it's just a stupid move. A giant one.

i would be upset at having to wait 7 days longer to see the movie as well.
but don't be so quick to make baseless judgement. the movie will not make
any less money because of it. and pretty much every movie is released in this
way internationally. you guys act like they have something against foreign
countries. lol. if you are that upset why don't you do some research on WHY
movies aren't released at the same time everywhere. because its not the
producers of the matrix problem, its the movie industries problem. and to go
even further, its really your problem with the industry because if they felt it
mattered they would have worldwide releases on movies. and saying
its a giant stupid move makes no sense to me. maybe you will explain.
It's a stupid move to release films later in other countries when realistrically there's no logical reason for it. WTf are you gonna make people wait another week in other countries or longer? There's no logic to it. Satisfy fans world wide by releasing on one day.

FlamingYob
05-15-2003, 08:16 PM
I found out it's being shown but not to the public, I was going to go see it, but now I'll watch the VCD and see it next week at the cinema, I don't mind which version I see first.

marshall1219
05-16-2003, 05:16 AM
Lord of the Rings in some ways proves that release date has nothing to do with piracy. It may have been released the same day, but I'm pretty sure most everyone on here had a DVD screener of it that same week.

DognerDJ
05-17-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by slick nick@15 May 2003 - 21:11
It's a stupid move to release films later in other countries when realistrically there's no logical reason for it. WTf are you gonna make people wait another week in other countries or longer? There's no logic to it. Satisfy fans world wide by releasing on one day.
Problem is in cost of making cinema tape copys - there are limited number of copys for a movie !