PDA

View Full Version : norton ghost recovery point set and independent recovery point difference

BawA
11-30-2006, 12:55 PM
hi ya guys

I've been using NortonGhost for some years now, I've always made a complete independent backups of my computer but never tried Recovery Set Points(RSP).
what am confused about is why RSP's take far more less space then independent ones, don't they both backup entire system disk, what makes one so big and another the half size.
Do RSP's recover the entire windows with Settings and Application installed from recovery panel in case of boot failure or their similar to Windows Restore point's which are limited to windows.

backlash
11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
It appears to save only the changes made after the first backup:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/docid/2005090713344762?Open&src=dellfaq_con_nam&seg=hho

Recovery point set Includes the following:

A base recovery point (a complete copy of your entire drive, similar to an independent recovery point)
Additional recovery points that capture only incremental changes made to your computer since the creation of the base recovery point

BawA
11-30-2006, 01:29 PM
thats what am confused about, the 1st backup by it own is as small as 5Gb which in case of Independent backups is 10Gb, there should be something which is not included in RPS mode.