PDA

View Full Version : Few Website Questions

TRshady
05-14-2003, 07:08 PM
ok, I making loads of web pages (using frontpage) and have a few questions:

1. How do I create a vertical line, so I can have links on one side?

2. How do I "text wrap" an image?

3. Is this possible with geocities?: make another account and upload files which I can use on my site as download links?

4. Is there a better hoster then geocities, with at least 20mb and little or no ads?

Thanks for reading

Lamsey
05-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Learn HTML - it's really easy - most of it's just like the bb tags on this board...
There's a link to an excellent tutorial at the bottom of my webpage (check my sig for link).

Use frames.

Use the pic.jpg tag format

3. Is this possible with geocities?: make another account and upload files which I can use on my site as download links?
4. Is there a better hoster then geocities, with at least 20mb and little or no ads?

Doesn't your ISP give you webspace? If so, get an FTP client and upload it to the webspace provided by your ISP.

ooo
05-14-2003, 11:51 PM
i use geocities... ummm yea u can prob do dls by making nwe accounts

geocities has 15mb free space no ftp service

but u would have to write teh whole link... out.... if u use another account...

i do that :)

Paul_NFFC
05-15-2003, 04:35 AM
this is a good site to learn everything for building websites

http://www.htmlgoodies.com

KinkoStinky
05-15-2003, 04:53 AM
With geocities try to

add/remove <textarea style="display:none;"> before the </body> tag. done.
Or if you decide to go with tripod, I will tell you an ezer way. You can see my tripod site at this (http://www.kingsofnothing.tk) place and you will notice that it has no ads.

justchange
05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
I have done several Tripod sites without ads, since I found the following info:

I noticed this used on Leo Getz&#39;s pages. They were hosted on Tripod, but there were no banner ads&#33;? So I used his Response Form, and asked how he did it. He referred me to his main page: LG&#39;s Info, and from there I found his link to Free Webspace, and there I found Banner and Pop-Up Killers for many free space providers.
He has the info (for Tripod) set up to look like this:

My HTML Looks Like This:

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Make It Look Like This:

<html>
<noembed><xmp>
<body>
</xmp></noembed>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>

&#60;&#33;-- Then, at the end of the page, add the following, just before the closing </body> tag. /--&#33;>

<ILAYER id="slot1" visibility=hide width=1 height=1></ILAYER>
<noscript>
</body>
</html>
</noscript>

That&#39;s it&#33;
Oh yeah, this only works for Tripod&#39;s inline ads, not their pop-ups.

I tried it; it works.

TRshady
05-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Thank you all very much for your replies :) .

I&#39;m about to go to school, so I&#39;ll post larger later but for now:

@KingY: By looking at your website there are NO adverts/banners, which I think is amazing&#33;
It is free right? (as www.kingsofnothing.tk doesn&#39;t seem free).
If so how much webspace?

@lamsey: cheers mate, I&#39;ll try those later, I can use xp 2002s templates to get frames so I guess I can cheat for now :P
No, my isp is "bt broadband" which I went for, not knowing about openworld, as bt broadband was the one advertised on tv. It&#39;s no-frills and just a simple connection.

@just change: wow, that would be great. thanks for telling us that :)

ricky
05-15-2003, 03:44 PM
How do I create a vertical line, so I can have links on one side?
Use tables or frames...

Is there a better hoster then geocities, with at least 20mb and little or no ads?
Pay for hosting is the best way or try Tripod Lycos (http://www.tripod.lycos.co.uk) and find some script on the internet to get rid of the adverts... or maybe try Web 1000 (http://www.web1000.com)...

balamm
05-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

TRshady
05-15-2003, 07:16 PM
ok, visit my site now and your&#39;ll see some changes, guess not to go with frames for now, was fairly easy but each frame is saved separately and I got confused :unsure:

Is there any way of stopping the geocities ad square?
Its so annoying that it starts off maximised when yesterday there was none at all :(

Moving to tripod would mean transfering all my uploads as niether allows linking :(

:devil: I reckon people are gonna find my site increasingly usefull as the days go by ...............

Ynhockey
05-15-2003, 07:30 PM

1) Everyone said frames, or even tables, but y&#39;all forgot CSS... CSS allows you to have only a right border with a table or something, it&#39;s really great.

<style>
[tag] {border-x: solid blue 2px}
</style>

Where x is either top, right, left or borrom, solid is the opacity (not sure about this), blue is the colour (could be any colour or a hexadecimal RGB value), 2px is the width of the border (could be 5px or whatever number). [tag] is the tag you wanna apply the border to. I think it works with Table, TD, Span, Div, P, and many more. Just experiment offline.

4) Try www.narod.ru they give 100 MB or space or something, but it&#39;s quite slow. I think it has an ad like Geocities but you can remove that with a script. www.spaceports.com gave 50 MB (not sure if it works now), and i think it had some ads...

But if you want to build a serious site, there are only 2 ways i know of to get the appropriate hosting:
1. Pay for it (obviously).
2. Make friends with someone who owns a server and ... you get the idea.

Good luck :)

TRshady
05-15-2003, 07:58 PM
thanks mate, I&#39;ll try that.

The site I&#39;m making really is just a bit of fun, a mini hobby so there&#39;s no way I would pay.
If I don&#39;t even pay for singles I wouldn&#39;t buy a site :D .

So there&#39;s no script to stop the geocities ad-sqaure?

balamm
05-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

ooo
05-15-2003, 09:00 PM
With geocities try to
QUOTE&nbsp;
add/remove <textarea style="display:none;"> before the </body> tag. done.

wait wouldnt that remove all scripts?

ooo
05-15-2003, 09:01 PM
o yea i noticed if you use a redirect the ads dont appear as much...

my homepage <--- (http://soulblade814.mainpage.net)

i dont see ads... cept for the pop up one... which sponsers my redirect... how bout you others?

balamm
05-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Mark Twain

ooo
05-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by balamm@15 May 2003 - 22:15
Nice site but I do get the Zdos popup
yea thankz thatz the redirect portion....

TRshady
05-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Thank you for your replies, they are helping.

In my continous struggle to have a site with no ads and not having to pay I have noticed something you html experts may be able to help me with.

Sometimes then my page loads there is no ad square at all&#33;
When this happens, in the left corner I&#39;m told the page is "done, with errors" and the details are

"syntax error"
Line: 2
Char: 29

So would there be a way of making this error constant?

TRshady
05-16-2003, 06:47 AM
:o OMG, I think it has worked what King Yoshi first mentioned&#33;

Please check my site now and see if there are ads , then tell me.
Things are looking good&#33; :o

Ynhockey
05-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Sometimes then my page loads there is no ad square at all&#33;
When this happens, in the left corner I&#39;m told the page is "done, with errors" and the details are

"syntax error"
Line: 2
Char: 29

So would there be a way of making this error constant?

Hmm, it&#39;s definitely not a HTML error. Maybe JS, but as far as i remember, JS errors are worded differently... so it could be ASP or something. Anyway, if it says line 2 then just open the source and check what&#39;s wrong with line 2... you&#39;ll surely notice something if there&#39;s an error...

TRshady
05-16-2003, 05:07 PM
hmmmm, I don&#39;t see an error.

Anyway, I don&#39;t think that matters now. As I believe my site is now free of adverts due to the script king yoshi told me. Can people tell me if the adverts really are gone and check that all picts link are working as in school today there was few errors but I think its coz there crappy macs and the schools firewall may have blocked parts.

ooo
05-17-2003, 12:14 AM
well if u say it works im going to have to apply taht code into all my pages might take a while... then i guess i will keep geocities as a domain...

know a better redirecting site? zdos is bad... nice site trshady

arG >> w/ that code it eliminated everything... everything was gone lolz... it doesnt show anything now :(

ooo
05-17-2003, 12:30 AM
arg... no wonder u have to place it before the ending... i placed it infront of

<body>

isntead of

</body>

sigh* took me 10minz to add tag... now itz gonna take me a while to add n remove again... :/

TRshady
05-17-2003, 04:19 AM
Yeah, it&#39;s an amazing tip and makes my site seem professional now :D , and makes geocities actually quite good&#33;. There&#39;s no wai I would have a site with ads, wether it is free or not.

I really don&#39;t see the need for a redirecting site now ............

OcramC
05-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by TRshady@15 May 2003 - 19:58

The site I&#39;m making really is just a bit of fun, a mini hobby so there&#39;s no way I would pay.
If I don&#39;t even pay for singles I wouldn&#39;t buy a site&nbsp; :D .

Tripod Lycos UK (http://tripod.lycos.co.uk) is the best. 50Mb and
you can remove ads - see here (http://members.lycos.co.uk/ocram)

To remove ads between </body> and </html> tags insert

<noscript><noscript>
<plaintext><plaintext>

Tripod offer PHP, MySQL, 50 Megs, FTP support.

If you do not like the http://members.lycos.co.uk/yoursitenamehere then get a .tk domain from http://www.dot.tk - it is 100% free with no ads

Goldwheelz
05-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by OcramC+17 May 2003 - 10:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OcramC @ 17 May 2003 - 10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TRshady@15 May 2003 - 19:58

If I don&#39;t even pay for singles I wouldn&#39;t buy a site&nbsp; :D .

Tripod Lycos UK (http://tripod.lycos.co.uk) is the best. 50Mb and
you can remove ads - see here (http://members.lycos.co.uk/ocram)

To remove ads between </body> and </html> tags insert

<noscript><noscript>
<plaintext><plaintext> [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the tip as I&#39;m looking for additional webspace.

Also Brinkster (http://www.brinkster.com) offer 30Mb for Free offer ASP support etc. :rolleyes:

Goldwheelz
05-17-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by BLACKSTATE@17 May 2003 - 11:35
When You&#39;ll Finish with your site..
JOIN our Exchange system.. to INCREASE Your Traffic.. Highly..&#33;

Banner display ratio of 3 to 2.

Highly targeted and Exclusive&#33; IT and career related sites only.

SPECIAL OFFER - Receive -2500 FREE- Banner Impressions upon Activation of your Account..&#33;

..::CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR OFFER AND CREATE::.. (http://homepages.pathfinder.gr/blackstate/)

Price: FREE. (http://homepages.pathfinder.gr/blackstate/)
Top 10 Members: [ ITnet , Net Guard , Pathfinder-GR , NSD - Networks , Lite Portal ]
Another useful tip, thanks Blackstate B)

justchange
05-17-2003, 12:10 PM
If you get a Tripod site, your url looks like "yoursite.tripod.com".
And rather than wait for their forever-slow building tools, you can create your site on your computer, then FTP it to their site, using ftp.tripod.com. Simply setup your FTP client (I use WS_FTP.) Set &#39;Host Name&#39; to "ftp.tripod.com". Set &#39;User ID&#39; to use "yoursite". Set &#39;password&#39; to your Tripod site password. (Ignore the rest.)
It&#39;s fast and hassle-free.

TRshady
05-17-2003, 06:12 PM
:o I&#39;m gonna have to look into this&#33;.

50mb webspace and no ads + .tk?. I love geocities but forgot one thing - data transfer, my site can&#39;t be seen as it&#39;s temporary unavailable :( .

edit: yay, it&#39;s up again.

TRshady
05-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Why can&#39;t I sign up with lycos, got email from them to "confirm" now it says enter security code, 4 letters with a line blocking a number (to stop automated registrations) and it keeps saying I&#39;m entering it wrong, even though the code is obvious as the line moves after each attemp. any ideas why?

OcramC
05-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@17 May 2003 - 18:12
:o I&#39;m gonna have to look into this&#33;.

50mb webspace and no ads + .tk?. I love geocities but forgot one thing - data transfer, my site can&#39;t be seen as it&#39;s temporary unavailable :( .

edit: yay, it&#39;s up again.
you could always get a .tk address for your Geocities website

TRshady
05-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by OcramC@17 May 2003 - 18:45
you could always get a .tk address for your Geocities website
oh yeah, damn you guys are making me feel stupid :lol:

still unlimited traffic and 50mb web space would be nice ...........

Code entering still aint working.

ooo
05-17-2003, 08:06 PM
tr how is tripod so far?.... i unno if i should change...

i got 7 mbs of stuff in geocities and it would take forever to transfer everything since some of the things i used a full hyperlink...

:(..... so it would take me weeks to transfer and reedit + to add in the no ad code... but 50 mbs w/ ftp service opposed to 15mb... umm might have to think about it... but then again i can alwayz just make more geocities websites and use full hyper links...

TRshady
05-17-2003, 10:17 PM
I can&#39;t get tripod to work, you know you have to enter the confirmation code after receiving the email. Well, I tried many times but I&#39;m getting told im doing it wrong so haven&#39;t used it yet.

As for tripod.com, seems ok but I prefere my geocities. Only advantage tripod has is 20mb over geo&#39;s 15mb. Also, OcramC. My site is now www.trshady.tk which is much better and was surprisingly easy to set up.

Only problem I have at the moment is the statistics in geocities, it says my site has been viewed 118times but this hasn&#39;t changed for two days now :( , anyone know why?

ooo
05-17-2003, 10:49 PM
lol no onez visiting?.... lolz mine has been on for a while n itz onli 900 visits... lolz :(...

edit >> well i guess i will stick w/ geocities... dunt care bout gettin a real site if it has no ads anymore

edit 2 >> i liked ur geocities one better quicker load... i got dsl n itz taking a while for ur new site to load >> sites lookin great... yea i would do a dl type of thing if i could upload softwarez on to geocities... n let ppl dl em... maybe i should start sumding like urz... i unno... well actually i do have an old ad aware pro dl up... i placed in yahoo breifcase

yahoo id >> adawaredl
pass >> donotchange

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/adawaredl

--- anyone know where i can upload files large files... like software that are like 10mbz - 50?

EDIT 3 >> ur right... my counter isnt moving either... u dink itz that code? i should look for a new counter... n just pick it up from where i left off

ooo
05-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@17 May 2003 - 23:17
I can&#39;t get tripod to work, you know you have to enter the confirmation code after receiving the email. Well, I tried many times but I&#39;m getting told im doing it wrong so haven&#39;t used it yet.
ummm i click the confirm page n it loads but then i write in security code n my password n i get an error page too...

the remove ad script for geocities has some errors tho

1) Page w/ alot of scripts it doesnt work
2) Sometimes my music dont load :(
3) Counter doesnt move lolz

but in the end itz still all nice~

ooo
05-17-2003, 11:40 PM
http://netfirms.com/

FREE WEB HOSTING
FREE 25 MB Webspace
FREE Domain Hosting
FREE CGI-BIN Support
FREE 24/7 FTP Access
FREE Online Support
FREE Catch-All Email
FREE Promotion
INSTANT ACTIVATION&#33;

ADVERTISEMENT ON TOP >> BANNER

We can host any country specific domain name
(eg. .ca, .jp, de, .fr, .co.uk, etc.)

why does uk give so much free space and ftp service ... cheap geocities lol

TRshady
05-18-2003, 08:11 AM
well i guess i will stick w/ geocities... dunt care bout gettin a real site if it has no ads anymore

Yeah, geocities is like having a real site except for the bandwidth limit.

i liked ur geocities one better quicker load... i got dsl n itz taking a while for ur new site to load

That&#39;s strange, its the same site just different web address but still points to my geocities site.

sites lookin great

Thanks mate :)

yea i would do a dl type of thing if i could upload softwarez on to geocities... n let ppl dl em... maybe i should start sumding like urz... i unno... well actually i do have an old ad aware pro dl up... i placed in yahoo breifcase

What I&#39;m doing with my software section is using sites like download.com and finding the download link so when a software title is chosen,the dialog box comes up as if it off my server, the background changing to download.com makes it a bit obvious though. So can you link to your briefcase so other people can download?

ur right... my counter isnt moving either... u dink itz that code? i should look for a new counter... n just pick it up from where i left off

oh :( , I liked that counter. I see your using Nedstat, does that want anything from you to work? (advet, banner, link?etc).

ummm i click the confirm page n it loads but then i write in security code n my password n i get an error page too...

phew, I thought it ws just me. Geocities is good but having unlimited trafffic would be better as my site has already taken down twice for this reason.

TRshady
05-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Is anyone else who uses geocities is finding that their statistics aren&#39;t changing?

ooo
05-18-2003, 09:40 PM
What I&#39;m doing with my software section is using sites like download.com and finding the download link so when a software title is chosen,the dialog box comes up as if it off my server, the background changing to download.com makes it a bit obvious though. So can you link to your briefcase so other people can download?

ahh but then again downloads.com is all freeware not full.... :/ thatz the only problem... i will probably do something like that w/ really small programs n upload to yahoo briefcase and make a new user name and password n upload there

yahoo briefcase gives u 50mb space but cant upload more then 10mbz at a time :(

ummm yea i changed the counter... naw netstat is free... there are different types... one is free has few options.... the one im using, another one is a little better, im guessing it shows ip addresses...

Edit >> i dunt like netstat because it doesnt show how many ppl entered :(

ooo
05-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@18 May 2003 - 18:13
Is anyone else who uses geocities is finding that their statistics aren&#39;t changing?
wait u just redirected it...

isnt it still taking bandwith from geocities tho if u redirect lol and u didnt get rid of tripod ad... i still get it...

lol well my site wont run out of bandwidth since no one goes there :P

TRshady
05-18-2003, 09:49 PM
little correction, yahoo briefcase is thirty but thats great when added to your geocities 15mb. I&#39;m only gonna have roms anyway as download so 10mb file limit is fine for me.

Can you have another yahoo briefacse account and link over, I doubt it, seeing as there set to "private" and I wouldn&#39;t wanna change that because it would ruin the point of my site.

isnt it still taking bandwith from geocities tho if u redirect lol

yeah, and the bloddy thing has been taken down ..... again.

ooo
05-18-2003, 09:51 PM
ummm u got any instant messenger type? that i can talk to you thro...?

yahoo briefcase even if set to public is bad...since you cant do direct upload links and they cant see it either unless u pay...

i&#39;ve tried it... :(

Edit >> omg i just noticed i forgot to set a link to one of my pages in my flash.. :(

TRshady
05-18-2003, 10:07 PM
yeah, I got msn messenger. Can&#39;t chat tonight though as I&#39;m doing maths coursework but that would be good.

Thats the bad thing, no matter how good your site there&#39;s always one thing that will pull you back, data transfer limit. So you need to comprimise between exposure and content.

edit: so geocities is your hoster?
It&#39;s a great site, love the graphics. Is it new? as two days ago when I looked at it there was nothing there except for some flash videos or something. Now it really is a site, i&#39;ll sign your guestbook.

Should you post the geocities cheat on your site?
Think about it, if everyone does it. Geocities or gonna do something to change this and may use a different method. I won&#39;t even tell my friends about it :lol:

ooo
05-18-2003, 10:12 PM
heh... well i can alwayz just keep making new accounts.... but big files exceeding 15mbz i will have to find another source... thinking of making a webpage with cracked

winzip, rar, isobuster, winiso... you know those files required for kazaa... clone cd...

since all those files are really small... i already have adawarepro up :) but itz an old verison maybe a cracked zone alarm pro too.. but i gott adig up those files from my cd... :( and then update them

TRshady
05-18-2003, 10:22 PM
You make new geocities accounts and link your files?
I thought that couldn&#39;t be done.

Is you site ever taken down for exceding the data transfer limit?
Like mine is half the time :angry:

I&#39;m thinking of doing my links down the site like yours, mines to amateur at moment don&#39;t you think?

ooo
05-19-2003, 12:34 AM
what do you mean by doing the links down the site?

ummm naw it doesnt get down since i link the pics from other websites... only the words are from mine... most of the pics are from other places....

i&#39;ve only used 7 mbs.... i link big files from other accounts...

once in a while its down since my friend refreshes and kills my limit... :) heh... but now it rarely gets down sicne no one visits it anymore lolz... well mine is more personal webpage and urs actually helps :)

i made a page dealing w/ the geocities banner removal

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Banner.html

taken from KingYoshi of course :)

TRshady
05-19-2003, 06:29 AM
i made a page dealing w/ the geocities banner removal

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Banner.html

lol, that page shows the geocities ad-square.

i&#39;ve only used 7 mbs.... i link big files from other accounts...

Does linking files from other places still effect your bandwidth as it&#39;s still data tarnsfer through your site right?

Lamsey
05-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Does linking files from other places still effect your bandwidth as it&#39;s still data tarnsfer through your site right?
If the file is being downloaded from your site, then yes. If it is not, then no.

edited because I misread the question :">

TRshady
05-19-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@19 May 2003 - 17:57
If the file is being downloaded from your site, then yes. If it is not, then no.
So you mean "from your site" as in files in your sites directory or when a download is clicked the "download file prompt" comes up straight away?

ooo
05-20-2003, 02:03 AM

like lamsey said... if you link it to another site it doesnt take your bandwidth

for example

www.geocities.com/one <-- initial site
<body>
link 1 (www.geocities.com/two/)
</body>

if you click that link then it will take bandwidth from that site... but entering the geocities.com/one will take bandwidth from that site... :)

im confusing you right? lol

-----

ummm yea i didnt get time to take off the banner well actually i forgot to take it out... im going to do it right now :)

ooo
05-20-2003, 02:14 AM
hey u know what your site needs right? you need it to get back to the main page with the counter&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; see my inital page is "news" --&#62; u gotta have something like that too... umm maybe i should put a counter in that page too :)

http://www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Link.htm

added ur site to my links there... :) u can check it out...

tzone
05-20-2003, 06:04 AM
i use myjspace very good

1 mysql db

php support

no ads

ftp uploads

ya know

ne way dont want to spouinl yr disscusion lol

TRshady
05-20-2003, 06:31 AM
hey u know what your site needs right? you need it to get back to the main page with the counter&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Not too sure what you mean there Soul. I have a counter at the bottom of my homepage and "news" comes under my "site history" section.

added ur site to my links there... :) u can check it out...

Thanks mate, I was gonna ask if we could exchange links as-well.
I&#39;ll add yours after school as I&#39;m about to go. I haven&#39;t even got a "links" section but it&#39;ll be up by tonight.
That should help increase our visitors.

As for the data transfer thing: So even if the download file prompt comes up immediately and your still on my site (but it says from: www.notyoursite.com) it doesn&#39;t effect my transfer?

I thought it would as it&#39;s going through my site right?

ooo
05-20-2003, 10:00 PM
yep it doesnt affect your transfer...

i cant activate my tripod siteee nooo&#33; i need it to upload roms

im donig gameboy roms now :)

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Roms.html

it has no links of now since i havent even started uploading anything... :/ just wrote everything...

ooo
05-20-2003, 10:03 PM
how did u get ur lycos thing to work&#33;?&#33;?&#33; i want mine to work&#33; so i can upload romz

ooo
05-20-2003, 10:04 PM
how did u get ur lycos thing to work&#33;?&#33;?&#33; i want mine to work&#33; so i can upload romz

ooo
05-20-2003, 10:04 PM

TRshady
05-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@20 May 2003 - 22:00
yep it doesnt affect your transfer...

i cant activate my tripod siteee nooo&#33; i need it to upload roms

im donig gameboy roms now :)

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Roms.html

it has no links of now since i havent even started uploading anything... :/ just wrote everything...
I can&#39;t get lycos to work either. :(

Good luck with the ROMs, added your site to my new links section.
Like my new navigation system? :P

Triple posting, tut tut, soul .............

Damn, I&#39;m confused as another topic said that it does effect my transfer as its data passing through my site so I&#39;ll ask a final question regarding this matter:

If a file is NOT stored in my geocities account does it effect my sites transfer?

ooo
05-20-2003, 10:36 PM
if the file isnt in geocities then it doesnt affect your site transfer

Free Hosting

Banner Ads
100 Megs Storage Space
600 Megs/Month Bandwidth Limit
20 Megs Daily Bandwidth Limit
MID files allowed

FTP SERVICE&#33;

Note: The free hosting package can be upgraded to Premium later

SHITTT Upload limit: 1 MB

ARG NO BANDWIDTH STEAL OMG&#33;&#33;&#33; I NEED SOME PLACE TO UPLOAD GBA ROMS IM GOING TO HAVE TO USE GEOCITIES BUT GEOCITIES HAS 4mb BANDWIDTH one rom a day that means&#33;

www.bravenet.com

i gotta upload my gba roms somewhere&#33;

oh yea gimme an instant message.... im on my MSN

GOT PISSED STOP LOOKIN FOR UPLOADING SPACE GONNA USE A LITTLE OF MY 10 mbz VERIZON FREE SPACE&#33;

ooo
05-20-2003, 11:00 PM
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/learn2/CompChart.html

WAIT GEOCITIES FREE GIVES 3gb BANDWIDTH&#33;&#33;&#33; WHEN THAT HAPPEN??&#33;??&#33;

is that new?.... since before it was a few mbs.... :/... umm i will test this out...

HOLY SHIT&#33; GEOCITIES GIVES MORE BANDWIDTH NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; OMG...

i refreshed a page many times the page took 1mb... like 5 times and it still works...

ROM SITE UP&#33;&#33;&#33; 2 ROMS SO FAR WOOTTT&#33;&#33;&#33;

GBA ROMS&#33; PLEASE VISIT MY HOMEPAGE&#33; AND LEAVE A COMMENT IN GUESTBOOK&#33; (http://www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Roms.html)

TRshady
05-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@20 May 2003 - 23:00
WAIT GEOCITIES FREE GIVES 3gb BANDWIDTH&#33;&#33;&#33; WHEN THAT HAPPEN??&#33;??&#33;

is that new?.... since before it was a few mbs.... :/... umm i will test this out...

HOLY SHIT&#33; GEOCITIES GIVES MORE BANDWIDTH NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; OMG...

wow, thats great, well it sounds good anyway.
Whats that 3GB a month or week or day?

Thanks for recommending my site :)

Any chance you could change the link to my geocities rather then using my .tk

same site I know but:

No pop up when using www.geocities.com/trshadysworld
No one will see the address anyway so it don&#39;t matter if it&#39;s long

cheers mate.

edit: you may need to edit info on this (http://soulblade814.mainpage.net/) page of yours then :)

ooo
05-22-2003, 01:24 AM
EDIT >>

ummm well it saids 3gb but monitored hourly but still i&#39;ve dled 5mbz filez many times w/ my new rom site and its still working... :)

www.geocities.com/soulblade814 <-- itz the same thing itz just w/out the geocities it looks better :)

umm i made a flash but now im going to have to change it...

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Choose.html

woh u got so many hits already&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; 357... sigh i only got 57&#33;... lol :(

i got my emulation page up

itz niceeee&#33;

i got no hitz... :( (http://www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Roms.html) <--- i got a huge list now... just uploading now so itz gonna take me at least an hr, no hitz on main website actually... :/

TRshady
05-22-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Soul814@22 May 2003 - 01:24
EDIT >>

ummm well it saids 3gb but monitored hourly but still i&#39;ve dled 5mbz filez many times w/ my new rom site and its still working... :)

www.geocities.com/soulblade814 <-- itz the same thing itz just w/out the geocities it looks better :)

umm i made a flash but now im going to have to change it...

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Choose.html

woh u got so many hits already&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; 357... sigh i only got 57&#33;... lol :(

i got my emulation page up

itz niceeee&#33;

i got no hitz... :( (http://www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Roms.html) <--- i got a huge list now... just uploading now so itz gonna take me at least an hr, no hitz on main website actually... :/
Your site is looking so great now&#33;, 57 hits?&#33;? I&#39;ve been there that much times myself&#33;.

I tried using Nedstat but It went up one every ten hits so I use ultimate counter bar which works well.
You probably know but the bottom half of the roms aren&#39;t working. You got a great selection though.

That should help but I think you should get the counter I use too and your&#39;ll see the difference. I think your counter just counts site visits not actual page hits, where as on my site even a &#39;refresh&#39; adds another counter.

btw, when then the geocities limit change?
When I first made my site it was taken down in like half an hour and I only had about eight sega genesis roms&#33;

ooo
05-22-2003, 11:34 PM
You probably know but the bottom half of the roms aren&#39;t working. You got a great selection though.

yea it takes so long uploading&#33;... lol... thatz why itz not workin yet.... it took me an hr to 2hrz to upload the top portion&#33;... lol

ummm yea i noticed ultimate counter it goes up way to much tho... netstat is more like real... i think ultimate just jumps u after a while... it goes up tooo rapidly.... but then again ultimate doesnt look that good, neither does bravenet so i dunt use it... >> well i think the change was recently like a few dayz ago.... since my roms are doing fine if u dl them

ooo
05-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable&#33;&nbsp;
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://us.share.geocities.com/soulzrom_2/M7-GOKU.zip

&nbsp; Need extra data transfer? Sign up for GeoCities Pro or Webmaster. Learn more.&nbsp;

lolol... someone killed my site&#33;