PDA

View Full Version : what are some good careers or majors to pursue after highschool?

fz_shurtugal
12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm looking for some to reply that ever-pestering question of what Im planning to go into.......really, I have no idea.......

Mr. Mulder
12-01-2006, 05:03 PM
retail sales assistant.

manker
12-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm looking for some to reply that ever-pestering question of what Im planning to go into.......really, I have no idea.......
When I was 14, I was looking to get into underage girls.

Thank feck I grew out of that :unsure:

fz_shurtugal
12-01-2006, 05:10 PM
something more to major in with high academic grades.......

100%
12-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Travel for a year, think about it and then ask the same question to yourself.

fz_shurtugal
12-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I travel quite often compared to regular people..........yet no help.......

100%
12-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Travel Guide or Coke importer?

fz_shurtugal
12-01-2006, 05:28 PM
coke importer?.......sounds dull whatever it is.......

100%
12-01-2006, 05:35 PM
It does help if you give some hints of your interests...
for one you are at this forum, hence your into pc's, filesharing etc so anything in the programming, webdesign, telecine world might be an option

fz_shurtugal
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
yeah I though about majoring in computer science, computer software engineering, AI etc...........but stuff such as philosophy, mathematics, and madeival and reaissance studdies also interest me...........do you have any suggestions for a major which does not require much creativity or endless writing.......

mildthrill
12-01-2006, 08:16 PM
How bout a career as an electrician? It only takes a few months of school until you're an apprentice and making $12+ an hour then it only gets better from there (the career types avg. $25/hr and benefits). It's a pretty straight forward job (see: no creativity required), hands-on (not on paperwork), with different areas of emphasis (it's not all wiring houses). If after a little while, you decide it's not for you, it would still be a good base for jumping to the electrical engineer/computer field you've already thought of.

MagicNakor
12-01-2006, 08:46 PM
do you have any suggestions for a major which does not require much creativity

Accounting.

:shuriken:

JPaul
12-01-2006, 09:23 PM

In what way are you irregular. It's important knowing that when givin careers advice.

Biggles
12-01-2006, 09:27 PM
yeah I though about majoring in computer science, computer software engineering, AI etc...........but stuff such as philosophy, mathematics, and madeival and reaissance studdies also interest me...........do you have any suggestions for a major which does not require much creativity or endless writing.......

Hmmmm! :dabs:

Biggles
12-01-2006, 09:28 PM
do you have any suggestions for a major which does not require much creativity

Accounting.

That is enough of that! :dry:

JPaul
12-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Accounting.

Oh so you're into creative accounting then.

I hate you people, you are the scum of the Earth. Hangings too good for you lot.

No offence like, Les.

Biggles
12-01-2006, 09:53 PM

I hate you people, you are the scum of the Earth. Hangings too good for you lot.

No offence like, Les.

No, seems a fair cop to me. :yup:

JPaul
12-01-2006, 09:55 PM

No offence like, Les.

No, seems a fair cop to me. :yup:

:noes: :P

tesco
12-01-2006, 11:14 PM
How bout a career as an electrician? It only takes a few months of school until you're an apprentice and making $12+ an hour then it only gets better from there (the career types avg. $25/hr and benefits). It's a pretty straight forward job (see: no creativity required), hands-on (not on paperwork), with different areas of emphasis (it's not all wiring houses). If after a little while, you decide it's not for you, it would still be a good base for jumping to the electrical engineer/computer field you've already thought of.:yup: Like me!

JPaul
12-01-2006, 11:30 PM
:yup: Like me?

I think you're a decent spud, but I can't speak for anyone else.

tesco
12-02-2006, 12:03 AM
:yup: Like me?

I think you're a decent spud, but I can't speak for anyone else.
Like me! :cry:

callum
12-02-2006, 12:19 AM
If after a little while, you decide it's not for you, it would still be a good base for jumping to the electrical engineer/computer field you've already thought of.

Or you could end up like me and be earning less at that the age of 25 than i did as a 19 year old apprentice.

100%
12-02-2006, 12:48 AM
my washing machine doesn't rotate, how to fix?

callum
12-02-2006, 12:53 AM
new belt thing needed maybe? motor fucked up? is it plugged in?

why you'd want your washing machine to rotate, i have no idea

tesco
12-02-2006, 01:24 AM
button broken?

callum
12-02-2006, 01:26 AM
no, i like to let the air in.

j2k4
12-02-2006, 01:48 AM
button broken?

Shocking. :blink:

100%
12-02-2006, 01:58 AM
and you guys call yourselves electricians

no spin(at all), button rotates smoothly.

you see fz_shurtugal translator job is needed here.

callum
12-02-2006, 02:02 AM
You're getting a washing machine repair man mixed up with an electrican, an easy mistake to make, but messy.

fz_shurtugal
12-02-2006, 04:11 AM
electrition, accountant, -it all sounds boring.......as for the translator, learning different languages is in, but I would rather make better use of it.......like subbing japanese anime into English :D .............I really need counseling for this!........

imasoldier
12-02-2006, 06:22 AM
You could go into business be an entrepenuer these are my interests maybe you'd like to hear I just graduated and still thinking of something. If your interested in other languages you could go into something like cryptology in the airforce you learn many languages etc. My friend went into it first he wanted to go into cryptology but changed his mind and is going to work on planes. I also want to go into graphics game designing or game programming but that is alot of math and drawing and typing and writing lol. I have another friend I forgot the name of what he wants to do but hes going to be working on computers circuits and stuff like messing with the motherboard of a computer.

MagicNakor
12-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Of course it sounds boring. You want a job with no creativity. :P

JPaul
12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
You could go into business be an entrepenuer these are my interests maybe you'd like to hear I just graduated and still thinking of something. If your interested in other languages you could go into something like cryptology in the airforce you learn many languages etc. My friend went into it first he wanted to go into cryptology but changed his mind and is going to work on planes. I also want to go into graphics game designing or game programming but that is alot of math and drawing and typing and writing lol. I have another friend I forgot the name of what he wants to do but hes going to be working on computers circuits and stuff like messing with the motherboard of a computer.

Your career advice is that he should join the airforce and study the use of codes. Based on your friend not doing it and becoming an aircraft technician instead.

You really want to think that thro' a bit. And also the bit about your other friend, who does stuff, but you don't really know what it is.

peat moss
12-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I have three words of advice " Buy a lottery ticket " . So simple eh .

JPaul
12-02-2006, 10:19 PM
I have three words of advice " Buy a lottery ticket "

:lol:

Genious

cpt_azad
12-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Computing Science, you can get a job w/ just a bachelors' (major in CS).

Or Engineering.

And take JPaul's advice, go into the AF as an Officer, they're cutting edge right now (I'm assuming you're in the states).

JPaul
12-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Computing Science, you can get a job w/ just a bachelors' (major in CS).

Or Engineering.

And take JPaul's advice, go into the AF as an Officer, they're cutting edge right now (I'm assuming you're in the states).

See, what more do you need to know.

Cheers asda, unexpected support but appreciated all the more for it.

Gripper
12-02-2006, 10:45 PM

Feckin gypsies,they've found us at last :scared:

Salmonblaster
12-03-2006, 02:53 AM
i wish i had gone into architecture, instead i went into finance

JPaul
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
i wish i had gone into architecture, instead i went into finance

Which particular area of finance are you in. Are you, like our Welsh chum, a banker.