PDA

View Full Version : It's Finally Complete!

CrumbCat
05-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Let me know what you think. Some peolple like it, others hate it.

Both sides can move independently as you can see from the picture.

http://sigup.com/sigs/tongue.splitting.ap.jpg

Tchau!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I did have my ear pearced back in the early 80's, but I'm NOT interested in doing this.

Here is the full story:

Tongue splitting latest piercing rage

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Ears with two, three, even five piercings are ancient history. Studs in tongues and navels are, for many, no big deal. And who doesn't have a tattoo? These days, the attention-grabbing look is tongue-splitting: cutting the tongue to make it forked.

Some say the practice, still relatively uncommon but edging up in popularity, is nothing short of mutilation. Lawmakers in Illinois are considering regulations that would all but outlaw it.

And earlier this year, several branches of the armed services banned tongue-splitting. Officials at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in North Carolina say one airman had the tissue in his split tongue reopened and sewn back together in February to avoid being kicked out of the service.

Those who've had their tongues split call it a body modification, and see it as an enhancement.

A few do it for shock value. Others describe the experience as spiritual. And many say they simply like how it looks and feels.

"When I first saw it, I thought tongue-splitting was the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life," says James Keen, a 19-year-old from Scottsville, Kentucky, who got his tongue cut by a local body piercer in December after a surgeon declined to do it.

Keen, who now speaks with a slight lisp, says most people don't know he's had it done unless he shows them.

When he does, he demonstrates how both forks of his tongue can move independently. And it's a plus, he says, when it comes to kissing.

"People are very curious about how it feels," says Keen, whose parents gave him their blessing -- and the $500 it took to do it.

He says the cutting was done in three sessions with a scalpel heated by a blow torch and no anesthetic.

Keen's story is exactly what Illinois state Rep. David Miller, who's also a dentist, had in mind when he authored a bill requiring that tongue-splitting be done by a doctor or dentist, and only for medical reasons.

The bill passed nearly unanimously in the Illinois House and is awaiting a vote in the Senate.

Last summer, state lawmakers in Michigan narrowly defeated a similar bill. "Ultimately, it came down to an individual rights issue," says Tom Kochheiser, a spokesman for the Michigan Dental Association, which supported but did not introduce that state's unsuccessful measure. He says the association has no plans to pursue the issue further.

Miller, a Democrat from Chicago's south suburbs, says he understands the notion of personal freedom. "But I'm not sure the people getting this done understand the risks," he says. "We're choosing safety over cosmetics."

One of the main worries, Miller says, is risk of infection from bacteria in the mouth. He also says a person's speech could be affected by scar tissue and the splitting itself.

Essie Hakim, a 30-year-old New Yorker who had her tongue split by a surgeon in 1998, says she did have to learn how to speak again. But she enjoyed the process, and says she knew what she was getting into.

"I'm an adult making a decision that's not harming anybody. And I'm not harming me," says Hakim, who believes piercing and tongue-splitting are no different than plastic surgery.

Beauty, she says, is simply in the eye of the beholder.

"People get breast implants. People do body building," Hakim says. "People do so many things that are never questioned."

She and others believe the Illinois bill, if it passes, will actually do more harm by making it difficult for the most qualified people -- doctors -- to do the procedure.

Shannon Larratt, a 29-year-old Canadian who had his tongue split by a surgeon, worries that many people will simply go to "underground" parlors to have it done in unsafe conditions.

"It means only the hacks will be left doing it," says Larratt, editor of the Body Modification E-zine, a Web site he publishes from a farm in rural Ontario.

While Larratt estimates that only about 2,000 people in the Western world have split tongues, that's "almost commonplace, as heavy 'mods' go," he says, using the abbreviated term for body modification.

And curiosity about having it done is growing, says Scott Jania, a senior piercer at Progressive Piercing in Chicago.

Jania says he now gets seven to 10 inquiries a week from customers who want to know if he'll split their tongues. But, afraid he'll hurt someone or get in trouble with city regulators, he turns them down flat.

Says Jania: "My career is far too important to risk it."

DarthInsinuate
05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@14 May 2003 - 21:41

Tchau!
ewwwww gross, nice tongue though

CrumbCat
05-14-2003, 09:45 PM
ewwwww gross, nice tongue though

Thanks! There are some added advantages to it.......at least that's what the Surgeon said.....though I've yet to discover what they are. :huh: :huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tchau!

Colt Seevers
05-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Erm, thanks for sharing that with us...... :blink:

Buffalo
05-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+14 May 2003 - 21:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 14 May 2003 - 21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CrumbCat@14 May 2003 - 21:41

Tchau&#33;
ewwwww gross, nice tongue though [/b][/quote]
Welcome to the modern world, Thats well scary&#33;&#33;&#33;, glad thats not sis.

Lamsey
05-14-2003, 09:53 PM
:x

Curley
05-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Ouch ouch ouch&#33;

jay973
05-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Kinda cool&#33; and very original. :D

imported_stg1123
05-14-2003, 11:23 PM
well not that original the freaks have been doing this for about 5 years (this time round)
Hope noone gets offended by me calling these people freaks. I mean hey lets face it they would get offended if we didn&#39;t call them freaks.
:D

dlingeverything
05-14-2003, 11:51 PM
[deleted]

Wolfmight
05-14-2003, 11:54 PM
He has diffrent tongue movements that regulare tongues dont got&#33; hehe cool... how much did it hurt to get?

Pitbul
05-14-2003, 11:59 PM
thats just about the stupidest this i have ever seen. i do not care if someone if offended but thats just gay.and moronic.i&#39;d smack one of these ppl if i saw them

Bender
05-15-2003, 12:09 AM
I once saw a picture of a guy who had his penis split, that was an... interesting sight. >_<

CrumbCat
05-15-2003, 12:21 AM
thats just about the stupidest this i have ever seen. i do not care if someone if offended but thats just gay.and moronic.i&#39;d smack one of these ppl if i saw them

"i&#39;d smack one of these ppl if i saw them"

Yeah, right - I doubt it Pitbul. I don&#39;t mean to rain on your parade, but if your statement were true, you would have already &#39;smacked&#39; many of them already. That is, of course, unless you live under a rock or on another planet. Just have a look around you, there are people like this in every city.

Have you ever cut your hair, I&#39;m sure you have, and when the person you go to at SuperCuts asks you &#39;How would you like your hair cut today?", the moment you answer the question - guess what? You become just like one of those "people", since you are just following a fad.

Oh, you disagree with my statement? Well, you know what?

There is nothing new under the sun&#33;

Even the very act of choosing the clothes you buy at TJMax puts you into the same group. You follow fads each day of your life.

And by the way, how in the hell does what the person in that picture did to his tongue make him "gay"

Also, I noticed your member title says &#39;Heart and Soul&#39; - I guess you filled in the box that asked: What are the two areas in your personality others most encourage you to work on?

It sounds to me like someone has an inferiority complex.

Tchau&#33;

Buffalo
05-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@15 May 2003 - 00:21

"i&#39;d smack one of these ppl if i saw them"

Yeah, right - I doubt it Pitbul. I don&#39;t mean to rain on your parade, but if your statement were true, you would have already &#39;smacked&#39; many of them already. That is, of course, unless you live under a rock or on another planet. Just have a look around you, there are people like this in every city.

Have you ever cut your hair, I&#39;m sure you have, and when the person you go to at SuperCuts asks you &#39;How would you like your hair cut today?", the moment you answer the question - guess what? You become just like one of those "people", since you are just following a fad.

Oh, you disagree with my statement? Well, you know what?

There is nothing new under the sun&#33;

Even the very act of choosing the clothes you buy at TJMax puts you into the same group. You follow fads each day of your life.

And by the way, how in the hell does what the person in that picture did to his tongue make him "gay"

It sounds to me like someone has an inferiority complex.

Tchau&#33;
well said crumb cat, nice one&#33;&#33;&#33;
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/cheeez_is_cool.gif

kAb
05-15-2003, 01:41 AM
wow. thats pretty neat.

you&#39;d think it would hurt a lot though.

it would be weird&#33; :blink:

boxofslavery
05-15-2003, 02:21 AM
[thats just about the stupidest this i have ever seen. i do not care if someone if offended but thats just gay.and moronic.i&#39;d smack one of these ppl if i saw them ]

okay...ya...smacking "gay" people that look funny...ya...that&#39;s intelligent...god you turn me on...jesus i wish i was like you....you must be so intelligent and open-minded...oh wow...i bet you spin your tires really fast in the parking lot too.......god, you are such a redneck

alrighty, crumb cat...since you already said it, i don&#39;t need to repeat it...but i want to...oh i want to.

my husband was thinking of doing that. It cost &#036;500? I would have guessed more.

nahan
05-15-2003, 02:49 AM
I dont think thats a good idea .Thats a truely retarded way to justify
getting your tongue cutt down the middle.

Becuse, " There are people like this in every city."

If not then why did you get it ?.
And get this straight you are not a trend setter,so why prentend that you are being original.Your just another carbon copy wanna be.

sArA
05-15-2003, 03:10 AM
Not my boogie...but it takes all sorts....respect for your freedom of choice tho&#33;

tianup
05-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@14 May 2003 - 22:41

Tchau&#33;

:lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

Well, I did have my ear pearced back in the early 80&#39;s, but I&#39;m NOT interested in doing this.

Does noone read posts anymore? CrumbCat : "Well, I did have my ear pearced back in the early 80&#39;s, but I&#39;m NOT interested in doing this." (last line of the quote).

I would love to hear what you can do with your new apparatus, but I think you&#39;ve been playing along with the yappy little "truly retarded", "carbon copy" folk. Nice responses just the same. Kinda makes me wanna do it just so I can show those fuckers.

insanebassman
05-15-2003, 06:09 AM
The first thing that came to my mind was the interesting enhancment this could have on cunnilingus (sp?)

I am a snack happy sex maniac so it could be interesting for my lady...

CrumbCat
05-15-2003, 06:28 AM
Does noone read posts anymore? CrumbCat : "Well, I did have my ear pearced back in the early 80&#39;s, but I&#39;m NOT interested in doing this." (last line of the quote).

I would love to hear what you can do with your new apparatus, but I think you&#39;ve been playing along with the yappy little "truly retarded", "carbon copy" folk. Nice responses just the same. Kinda makes me wanna do it just so I can show those fuckers.

Thank you tianup - I&#39;ve been lauging my ass off at everyone who thinks I did this........I guess that great music you and I both enjoy keeps us sharp, huh? Maybe others should give it a listen :lol:

Obrigado, and Tchau&#33;

tianup
05-15-2003, 06:53 AM
Aclamaciones, à sua saúde, CrumbCat. It must be that rhythm. (all I can hear is the Aristocats theme in my head right now thanks to my kid B) ).

CrumbCat
05-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Aclamaciones, à sua saúde, CrumbCat. It must be that rhythm.

Thanks, tianup - it must be.

(all I can hear is the Aristocats theme in my head right now thanks to my kid&nbsp; B)&nbsp; ).

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pop in some Tom Jobim or Joao Gilberto after your kid goes to sleep - that will cure you.

Tchau&#33;

Jayhawk
05-15-2003, 07:24 AM
kinda creepy kinda creepy but hey if u like it thats all that matters

nahan
05-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by tianup@15 May 2003 - 06:51
"truly retarded, makes me wanna do it just so I can show those fuckers."
Tianup if your going to quot me then qoute the whole sentances,not just a few select words.

See what it looks like when i do it to you.

You wanna play these stupid games...Id like to think we&#39;re above it.

Why dont you put on your little dress splitt your tongue and attempt to lick your own balls.

One good turn deserves another.

Blue_Seraphim
05-15-2003, 08:56 AM
Is that your tongue or just some picture you found?? :unsure:

Guillaume
05-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@14 May 2003 - 22:41

Just one word: OUCH &#33;&#33;&#33; :(

yeah, call me a wimp if you want, couldn&#39;t care less

vivitron 15
05-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by insanebassman@15 May 2003 - 06:09
The first thing that came to my mind was the interesting enhancment this could have on cunnilingus (sp?)

I am a snack happy sex maniac so it could be interesting for my lady...
hehe....that was the first thing that came to my mind too, i reckon shed love it, "each bit moves independantly of the other" hmm, but is it worth the pain? hmmmm, maybe not :P

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

FireATM
05-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Bender@14 May 2003 - 16:09
I once saw a picture of a guy who had his penis split, that was an... interesting sight. >_<
Thats sick Bender :x

Grim
05-16-2003, 08:54 AM
You should be grateful with what you were born with, why change it? My personal opinion is i think you must be totally deranged for to do something like this to your body, but it&#39;s a freeworld.