PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Double Agent(PC)

smitty1258
12-02-2006, 03:59 AM
I DL this game, and come to find out I need Dx10, my buddy tells me that I have to buy a new video card.

I have 2 nvidia 7800Gt's

Is this true that I will have to buy new cards just for DX10?

Thanks,

Shiranai_Baka
12-02-2006, 04:48 AM
I don't see that requirement anywhere on the recommended requirements.

cpt_azad
12-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Umm, DX10 isn't out yet so I have no idea what you're talking about dude. If you have 2 7800gt's running in SLi then you shoudlnt' even be asking this question, so either:

a) You're lying for whatever reason
b) You just want attention
c) You are not very smart yet have the financial means of building a great computer, which in itself is a contradiction because you probably custom built it.

But I digress, DX9 will run the game fine especially w/ 2 cards. Update your drivers, that's all I can think about.

smitty1258
12-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Umm, DX10 isn't out yet so I have no idea what you're talking about dude. If you have 2 7800gt's running in SLi then you shoudlnt' even be asking this question, so either:

c) You are not very smart yet have the financial means of building a great computer, which in itself is a contradiction because you probably custom built it.

But I digress, DX9 will run the game fine especially w/ 2 cards. Update your drivers, that's all I can think about.

LOL,

Ok, let me get a screenshot then.

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/2723/12022006103337hp0.th.png (http://img455.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12022006103337hp0.png)

Thats what it says, does not meet minimum requirements.

delimare
12-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Here's an idea... try running the game on an OS that IS NOT Vista.

Mike Nelson
12-02-2006, 05:15 PM

LOL,

Ok, let me get a screenshot then.

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/2723/12022006103337hp0.th.png (http://img455.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12022006103337hp0.png)

Thats what it says, does not meet minimum requirements.

Pay no attention to Capt Asda, his computer knowledge is lacking at best.

I think your problem is Windows Vista, which I notice you're using. I installed the game on Vista with no problems and it works fine, though when I use the Detection Tool on the Splinter Cell disk it tells me I need DX10. Which is crazy as it has not been released yet...

Is it not letting you install at all? In which case update with the drivers on the SCDA disk and try again. Though really I'd recommend switching back to XP for games, I'm dual booting because some games are pretty laggy with Vista atm.

Cheese
12-02-2006, 05:18 PM

Here's an idea, why doesn't everyone stop being so hostile to people who ask a decent honest question. The game obviously works on Vista as proved by Mike Nelson's post and the guy just needs a bit of help to figure it out.

delimare
12-02-2006, 05:39 PM

Here's an idea, why doesn't every stop being so hostile to people who ask a decent honest question. The game obviously works on Vista as proved by Mike Nelson's post and the guy just needs a bit of help to figure it out.

You and I have different ideas on hostility, apparently. If I was to provide a hostile answer or suggestion I would have used such words as "moron" or "retard", possibly even "idiot". I think a few profanities thrown into the mix would have put the icing on the cake. He asked for help and I gave him my answer. It was blunt and to the point, not hostile.

Guyver
12-02-2006, 06:06 PM
it plays fine on my x1600pro which is DX9.0c(october)

Cheese
12-02-2006, 06:14 PM

Polite manner: What operating system are you using Guyver?

Blunt and to the point: OS?

Hostile: What fucking OS you using numbnuts?

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this now. :dabs:

silent h3ro
12-02-2006, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this now. :dabs:hhahaaha:dry:

He was strait to the point when he told him not to to use Vista.

Guyver
12-02-2006, 08:00 PM

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this now. :dabs:

XP Muthafucka

Cheese
12-02-2006, 08:22 PM

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this now. :dabs:hhahaaha:dry:

No, he was rude and then tried to cover it with some nonsense about being "straight to the point". Other excuses might include "Stupid noobs always asking stupid questions" or "You gotta have thicker skin to post on the internets". Fairly standard stuff.

If anyone deserved hostility/rudeness in this thread it was Capt Azad, for his fantastical suppositions of smitty and his reasonings for daring to post a question about his problem. Capt Azad has very questionable logic for suggesting that smitty is either a liar, an attention seeker or stupid. But I digress. :dabs:

Guyver
12-02-2006, 09:32 PM
hhahaaha:dry:

No, he was rude and then tried to cover it with some nonsense about being "straight to the point". Other excuses might include "Stupid noobs always asking stupid questions" or "You gotta have thicker skin to post on the internets". Fairly standard stuff.

If anyone deserved hostility/rudeness in this thread it was Capt Azad, for his fantastical suppositions of smitty and his reasonings for daring to post a question about his problem. Capt Azad has very questionable logic for suggesting that smitty is either a liar, an attention seeker or stupid. But I digress. :dabs:

Capt Azad is a bag of douche, almost up there with Smith

ahahh

cpt_azad
12-02-2006, 10:32 PM

ahahh

And don't you forget about it :happy:

tegon
12-02-2006, 11:26 PM
thank u very much for making me one of u guys

Leep
12-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Now, that's funny.
Leep Out:

Clive
12-06-2006, 06:06 AM
I DL this game, and come to find out I need Dx10, my buddy tells me that I have to buy a new video card.

I have 2 nvidia 7800Gt's

Is this true that I will have to buy new cards just for DX10?

Thanks,

Hi I have the same card and i only have, 1 and its playing the game with every thing up full 1600x1200 no truble, up date you nvidia grapic driver date 22/10/2006
Version 6.14.10.9371 and then update directx driver which are on the cd cya

Happy Chrimas Helcat

Smith
12-06-2006, 07:02 PM

ahahh

Fuck you.

Guyver
12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
hahahahahah

ahmedscondo
12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
its a great game