PDA

View Full Version : Good Charlotte

krholmes56
05-14-2003, 10:58 PM
gc iz soo awsome do u all agree iluv their song bloody valentine whut r ur favs? :ninja:

4play
05-14-2003, 11:00 PM
I have a video of good charlote boys and girls in my shared folder.

god knows where it came from :huh:

but my little sister denies it so im now worried about my little brother. :D

krholmes56
05-14-2003, 11:03 PM
kool!

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 03:40 AM
bloemkool? :blink:

imtoshort
05-15-2003, 03:51 AM
gc sucks hairy balls

Ad
05-15-2003, 04:23 AM
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/icon8.gifhttp://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/style_images/1/icon8.gif

marine_aart
05-15-2003, 04:55 AM
gc sucks hairy balls

<_< :blink: :huh: what does gc mean?

Finch
05-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 05:55

gc sucks hairy balls

gc stands for good charlotte and they&#39;re a wannabe punk ass group and all of their fans are teenies :P

krholmes56
05-15-2003, 10:40 PM
:angry: :swear: :flame: :angry:

krholmes56
05-15-2003, 10:42 PM
hahahahaha sorry i jus think good charlotte rox

4play
05-15-2003, 10:59 PM
they are like the boy bands of the punk world.

Sorry to say it but they really do suck. almost as much as busted.

Ad
05-16-2003, 03:15 AM
I think there on the Mdden 2003 game soundtrack

MagicNakor
05-16-2003, 04:20 AM
They did the Undergrads theme song...that&#39;s about all I know of them. ;)

:ninja:

XStacy
05-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by 4play@15 May 2003 - 22:59

I agree with you all the way. They don&#39;t seem like a real punk band to me. Especally after i seen them on mtv with their little anarchy signs all over the place.

gc sucks hairy balls :lol:

Schmiggy_JK23
05-16-2003, 04:59 AM
everyones a hater... good going....

jealousy will get you no where in life...

in no big fan of good charlotte... but they do have talent...

any do they suck ass? cuz they have a job working for mtv, two of the members... does that make u jealous too?

get a grip

Clear Illusions
05-16-2003, 06:49 AM
No one is jealous of Good Charlotte. People despise these wannabe punk bands who are taking punk music and watering down to plastic "power pop."
Bands like GC, A New Found Glory, Blink -182- (post &#39;Dude Ranch&#39;),Sum 41 or Avril Laigvine(sp) are giving punk rock a bad name.

Jayhawk
05-16-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by imtoshort@14 May 2003 - 22:51
gc sucks hairy balls
yeah i really dislike them as well. there music is really bad personal opinion

opivy
05-16-2003, 10:08 AM
I like it when bands give punk a bad name the more people hate punk the less I have to deal with stupid people at punk shows

atomix_88
05-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by opivy@16 May 2003 - 10:08
I like it when bands give punk a bad name the more people hate punk the less I have to deal with stupid people at punk shows
If there was no punk bands there would be more ponsy boy bands like busted and GC :angry:
punk rulz and always will

GC suck they are more like a tribute band for busted they are sooo gay I hope they spilt up very soon :lol:

If you want good punk music get something by The Vines or The Hives or Yeah Yeah Yeah&#39;s

thisiswhoweare
05-16-2003, 04:24 PM
the vines or the hives for punk???

ur kidding right?

Loomis
05-16-2003, 09:07 PM
yeah, seriously though, The Vines and The Hives are about
as far from punk as Dream Theater&#33;&#33; lol

The funny thing is, my roommate got me into GC back in Frosh week
and I thought they had an awesome sound, especially since they come
from such a horrible childhood. But...once I saw them on MuchMusic (Canada&#39;s MTV)
I couldn&#39;t take it....I just find they&#39;re TRYING to look punk...ugh&#33; So I just content myself
with their music.

Great Musicians they are; Stagemen they aint&#33;

marine_aart
05-16-2003, 09:11 PM
I hate GC, but i do like some of blink182&#39;s songs (although I like NOFX more :P )

atomix_88
05-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Loomis@16 May 2003 - 21:07
yeah, seriously though, The Vines and The Hives are about
as far from punk as Dream Theater&#33;&#33;&nbsp; lol

The funny thing is, my roommate got me into GC back in Frosh week
and I thought they had an awesome sound, especially since they come
from such a horrible childhood. But...once I saw them on MuchMusic (Canada&#39;s MTV)
I couldn&#39;t take it....I just find they&#39;re TRYING to look punk...ugh&#33; So I just content myself
with their music.

Great Musicians they are; Stagemen they aint&#33;
Face it GC are just a Busted tribute band they are sooo gay they make Erasure look straight :lol:

The Vines and The Hives are more punk than GC will ever be and have far more talent than GC could ever dream of.

I will admit the GC cd is good for something, It makes a pretty cool frisby coz it don&#39;t come back :lol:

krholmes56
05-16-2003, 10:40 PM
ok all i have to say is uall have problems i mean u all have the right to ur opinions but really come on they have talent just admit it ok :D and yea i do listen to things like blink 182 new found glory avril lavigne ect.

atomix_88
05-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Nothing wrong with New Found Glory or Blink 182
Blink 182 are one of my fav bands but JEW Rulz :D

Clear Illusions
05-17-2003, 12:04 AM
"...but really come on they have talent just admit it ok and yea i do listen to things like blink 182 new found glory avril lavigne ect."

Oh come on&#33; Talent&#33; ;)

There music is meaningless and monotonous. Like I&#39;ve said in a previous post, bands like NFG, Simple Plan, Sum 41 or Avril Lavigne are taking watered down punk rock and watering it down some more.

The Evolution Of "Power Pop"

Sum 41
Green Day----&#62;Blink -182- -----&#62;NFG
Avril Lavigne ect....

It was fresh when Green Day released Dookie in 1994, but is isn&#39;t anymore...

masta.z
05-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Finch+15 May 2003 - 19:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Finch @ 15 May 2003 - 19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 05:55

gc sucks hairy balls

gc stands for good charlotte and they&#39;re a wannabe punk ass group and all of their fans are teenies :P [/b][/quote]
i would like to congratulate you marine_aart :) in my life i&#39;ve ben called a mosher, goth, ned, & every other music-related name cos of the music i listen to, but up until now i have never been called a teenie fane :D so thank you, you are the first person to call me a teenie (and hopefully the last :P)

oh & GC r pop-punk, not pop, not punk but pop-punk..... eijit :P

krholmes56
05-17-2003, 03:18 PM
its ok whut u all think i mean in some ways i dont like them but still they have talent maybe theyre just less popular to you but thats ok i mean they&#39;re good but come on you cant hate them that much............can you? :huh:

marine_aart
05-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by masta.z+17 May 2003 - 02:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masta.z @ 17 May 2003 - 02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Finch@15 May 2003 - 19:29
<!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 05:55

gc sucks hairy balls

gc stands for good charlotte and they&#39;re a wannabe punk ass group and all of their fans are teenies :P
i would like to congratulate you marine_aart :) in my life i&#39;ve ben called a mosher, goth, ned, & every other music-related name cos of the music i listen to, but up until now i have never been called a teenie fane :D so thank you, you are the first person to call me a teenie (and hopefully the last :P)

oh & GC r pop-punk, not pop, not punk but pop-punk..... eijit :P [/b][/quote]
hmm, I think I didnt say that last sentence :P, I asked what GC ment

krholmes56
05-17-2003, 05:10 PM
:ninja: gc roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ok

Loomis
05-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey
Whoever decides to bash Sum41 has some serious musical issues&#33;
They have talent, they have stage presence, and they please their fans and others alike&#33;&#33;
Just because you don&#39;t like them (and you&#39;re not alone, don&#39;t worry&#33;) doeasn&#39;t mean they suck
it doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re "watering down" the punk scene

Sure, they&#39;re a different brand of band than we&#39;re used too, but just let their fans love them.
Dislike them quietly and maturely by noy buying their albums....not by flaming them on the forum.

Just my thoughts...b/c you&#39;ll never hear me bash a band music, I&#39;ll only complain that I, personally don&#39;t enjot it.
That&#39;s what it&#39;s all about in music; listen to what you like, and like what you listen to&#33;

atari2600
05-17-2003, 06:48 PM
gc&#39;s first album was waaaay better the young and the hopeless.....but they&#39;re still cool........and the vines suck live :spam:

krholmes56
05-17-2003, 07:11 PM
thankz loomis

krholmes56
05-17-2003, 07:20 PM
and atari

Clear Illusions
05-17-2003, 07:22 PM
"Dislike them quietly and maturely by noy buying their albums....not by flaming them on the forum"

Well excuse me, but this is a forum where people have a right to state there opinion. Just because I don&#39;t agree with you doesn&#39;t mean I&#39;m imature. <_<

"..and they please their fans and others alike&#33;&#33; Just because you don&#39;t like them (and you&#39;re not alone, don&#39;t worry&#33;) doeasn&#39;t mean they suck
it doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re "watering down" the punk scene"

The reason why I don&#39;t like bands like Sum41 goes further than just "[not] liking them."

I blame these bands/artists (Avril Laigvne, Sum 41, Simple Plan ect...) for record companies being reluctant to take a chance on unique music. Major labels are releasing music that they know people will buy, regardless of the band or artists talents.

Major record companies are catering to a generation of teenagers who bought BSB/N&#39;SYNC CD&#39;s. Record companies are exploiting the evolving pop listener and are releasing music that is "watered down."

"...That&#39;s what it&#39;s all about in music; listen to what you like, and like what you listen to&#33;"

I NEVER said you should or shouldn&#39;t listen to any of this "power pop." If you want to listen to meaningless and monotonous music, go ahead, but please don&#39;t say there talented. There just playing the same type of music that was relased 10 years ago (I&#39;m refering to Green Day&#39;s Dookie).

By the way, I don&#39;t hate "power pop", I&#39;m just tired of people passing it off as punk music. If you really want to listen to some punk music, listen to some Anti-Flag, Propagandhi, Pennywise, Operation Ivy, Guttermouth or NoFX. Give them a chance and maybe you like them. :)

XStacy
05-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Clear Illusions@17 May 2003 - 19:22
If you really want to listen to some punk music, listen to some Anti-Flag, Propagandhi, Pennywise, Operation Ivy, Guttermouth or NoFX.
Exactly.

If you really want to listen to some punk music ("watered down." not included) check out Anti-Flag. Pennywise, along with some NoFX, and the MisFits.

fallenknight308
05-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Good charletttttt?

This is mainvain gay

fallenknight308
05-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by XStacy+17 May 2003 - 12:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XStacy @ 17 May 2003 - 12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Clear Illusions@17 May 2003 - 19:22
If you really want to listen to some punk music, listen to some Anti-Flag, Propagandhi, Pennywise, Operation Ivy, Guttermouth or NoFX.
Exactly.

If you really want to listen to some punk music ("watered down." not included) check out Anti-Flag. Pennywise, along with some NoFX, and the MisFits. [/b][/quote]
NO NO NO, the misfits, sex pistols, fear, germs, total chaos, ect......................... ;)

Clear Illusions
05-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Meh.
The sex pistols are alright.
Go can&#39;t go from 0 to 10 ya know. :)

Clear Illusions
05-18-2003, 07:21 AM
Oh yeah, I like a lot of Bad Religion, Operation Ivy and Dead Kennedys. :)

Anyone else?

krholmes56
05-18-2003, 07:56 PM
im not tryin to pizz ne1 off im jus sayin that i like these bands and u all have ur own opinion of what is and what isnt punk or what u call "power pop" but i woulnt nesisarrly(sp) call them punk or power pop i mean after you think about it they arent really punk but i think thats kinda whut theyre trying to be but maybe they just want to be different then all those other bands(backstreet boys nsync) theyre just being themselves instead of prettyboy bands with singer who sound like girls i mean sure those guys are talented but still everyone my not like them and its the same with every other band thats just the way things are and maybe we all shouldnt argue about who&#39;s beter andwho&#39;s worse for example u guys are out here saying the people i listen to are poser when really thats just they&#39;re personal style and thats the way they are ya kno like i dont like people like the sex pistol and all those other socalled "punk" bands but maybe you guys think they are punk but i dont and well we all have different opinions about music and i think we all should respect other peoples taste in music. :ermm:

krholmes56
05-18-2003, 10:27 PM
umm uhhh yea errrrrrrrrrr umm.........................................................

sk8punk151
05-19-2003, 01:51 AM
OK this post has lots of flaming, but this is just my opinion.. I didnt mean to flame anyone because I dont believe in talking shit online, but its just when ever somebody brings up good charlotte I have to tell them what I feel

GOOD CHARLOTTE sucks.. They have NO talent what so ever.. All of their songs are the same and sound the same.. The lead singers voice is so annoying its not even funny.. The fucking benji guy sports slipknot wear.. And on all of the guitars in teh band they have stickers for fucking NOFX, AFI, LAGWAGON.. jeesus. Thats wat i call a poser BOY band..

They are just a BOY BAND that play their own instruments.. How DARE any of you call them punk.. Punk is non mainstream rock (in my opinion).. Good Charlotte is so fucking main stream a cave man would kno the lyrics to one of their songs

my fucking 9 year old sister and all of her friends listen to GC.. Do you call that punk? What is this world coming to..

Oh, and if you have never heard of NOFX or any of their songs YOUR NOT A PUNK ROCKER.. clear and simple.. NOFX started it all..AND THEN OFCOURSE THE OLDIES.. MISIFITS, SEX PISTOLS, THE CLASH ETC.. i am sure no GC fans have ever heard of them

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :o :unsure:

XStacy
05-19-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by krholmes56@18 May 2003 - 19:56
im not tryin to pizz ne1 off im jus sayin that i like these bands and u all have ur own opinion of what is and what isnt punk or what u call "power pop" but i woulnt nesisarrly(sp) call them punk or power pop i mean after you think about it they arent really punk but i think thats kinda whut theyre trying to be but maybe they just want to be different then all those other bands(backstreet boys nsync) theyre just being themselves instead of prettyboy bands with singer who sound like girls i mean sure those guys are talented but still everyone my not like them and its the same with every other band thats just the way things are and maybe we all shouldnt argue about who&#39;s beter andwho&#39;s worse for example u guys are out here saying the people i listen to are poser when really thats just they&#39;re personal style and thats the way they are ya kno like i dont like people like the sex pistol and all those other socalled "punk" bands but maybe you guys think they are punk but i dont and well we all have different opinions about music and i think we all should respect other peoples taste in music. :ermm:
That is one LONG sentence. :lol:

umm uhhh yea errrrrrrrrrr umm.........................................................

And what&#39;s up with all these spam posts of yours? Can&#39;t u just edit the message before to include something you wanted to say? There&#39;s about 5 of your posts that are pointless. I&#39;m surprised that no one else has said anything about it yet.

Punk is non mainstream rock (in my opinion)

That&#39;s my opinion too, sk8punk151.

opivy
05-19-2003, 06:39 AM
I dont really like GC but I think the main problem here is these kind of bands are being called punk when there not this is happening so much now punk is the music now and all the labels are exploiting it they know all they have to is say hey this is punk and a whole bunch of kids will buy it.
As far as them having stickers on there guitars of punk bands whats wrong with that last time i checked you dont have to be punk to listen to punk and one last thing what the fuck is punk anyways?
In my opinion its not the music its not how you dress its how you think music is just a way of expressing it.

the_faceman
05-19-2003, 01:45 PM
why don&#39;t people just be themselves? and like what they actually enjoy, instead of what they think makes them look cool, or listen to stuff they actually hate because they want to be different.

i think it&#39;s silly to follow the mainstream, but i also think it&#39;s silly to avoid the mainstream like the plague, as a lot of stuff has become popular because it&#39;s actually good.

Some of the people that name-drop bands that they know are generally considered to be what is considered "true" punk, are trying just as hard to be "cool" as the 13 year old kids that buy Good Charlotte CD&#39;s. I&#39;m not saying some of the bands aren&#39;t real good, but it comes down to whether you truly like them, or are you just pretending.

Once again, the bottom line is, start liking the music you actually enjoy listening too instead of what you think you should like, be it MTV-fodder or music from the "underground scene".

Wake up, smell the coffee, and start making your own decisions.

PS- i realise it&#39;s ironic i have a Finch icon as my avatar, and that it may look like i&#39;m trying to look cool or something. i don&#39;t care what it looks like, i like finch, i heard them when my friend gave me a loan of the "what it is to burn" cd, i liked it, we went to a gig, it was good, hence i became a fan. i&#39;m not gonna say "oh i knew about them ages ago, before they were on mtv and in kerrang magazine and all that shit", cos i didn&#39;t, well not long before anyways, and if the first time i saw them had been on mtv2 or something, then i would have no problem admitting it. They ain&#39;t my favourite band, but i reckon they are damn good. My music taste has changed over the years, when i was 15 i loved ocean colour scene and oasis and blur, because it was the best of the music that was available to me. i&#39;m 20 now, and although i like other stuff now, i still love the bands i mentioned just there, although i don&#39;t listen to them as often as i did, because i have more of a selection to choose from now. i don&#39;t understand people that used to like a band, then suddenly go off them. i can understand how you can add to what you like, and it can be really different to what you used to like, but why should u stop liking the bands you liked previously.

05-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 4play@15 May 2003 - 22:59

Is it possible to suck more tham Busted?

Clear Illusions
05-19-2003, 04:30 PM
"Wake up, smell the coffee, and start making your own decisions."

Thats the problem. Individuals who like "power pop" arn&#39;t making there own decisions.

Why?

"....bands are being called punk when there not this is happening so much now punk is the music now and all the labels are exploiting it they know all they have to is say hey this is punk and a whole bunch of kids will buy it."

Exactly, music companies are taking advantage of the evolving pop generation. Teenagers who were buying BSB/N&#39;SYNC albums are tired of listening to the same "bubble gum" pop and are bombarded with messages by major record companies of what THEY think is "punk."

When major record companies start to allow artists and bands to releae music that has substance, then there will be no need "to avoid the mainstream like the plague."

krholmes56
05-19-2003, 08:58 PM
ok yall i respect your opinion and umm maybe to you they suck but to me they are a great band ok i like gc and any thing u say aint gonna stop me frum it im still gonna buy theyre records and all that stuff ok i would just appriciate it if you wouldnt burn them soo much i mean i kno its ur oppinion and yuor intitled to it but still repaeting gc sukx hairy ballz aint getting u no where and all im sayin is I LIKE GC ok i think theyre awsome ok :flame: AND GC ISNT THAT POWER POP CRAP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

sk8punk151
05-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by krholmes56@19 May 2003 - 21:58
ok yall i respect your opinion and umm maybe to you they suck but to me they are a great band ok i like gc and any thing u say aint gonna stop me frum it im still gonna buy theyre records and all that stuff ok i would just appriciate it if you wouldnt burn them soo much i mean i kno its ur oppinion and yuor intitled to it but still repaeting gc sukx hairy ballz aint getting u no where and all im sayin is I LIKE GC ok i think theyre awsome ok :flame: AND GC ISNT THAT POWER POP CRAP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Your obviously, 11, 12, MAYBE 13 years old.. No offense, but that sentence was so fucking long. What is your current grade in English?? JEEZ

XStacy
05-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by sk8punk151+19 May 2003 - 22:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sk8punk151 @ 19 May 2003 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--krholmes56@19 May 2003 - 21:58
Your obviously, 11, 12, MAYBE 13 years old.. No offense, but that sentence was so fucking long. What is your current grade in English?? JEEZ [/b][/quote]

:D Like i said before.

the_faceman
05-20-2003, 02:59 AM
I AM TO LAZY TO MAKE A SIG

:lol: you should check you&#39;re own english skills before flaming someone else&#39;s. unless it&#39;s an intentional joke to show you really mean that about being lazy, and i don&#39;t think it is.

Finch
05-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by marine_aart+17 May 2003 - 16:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (marine_aart @ 17 May 2003 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -masta.z@17 May 2003 - 02:22

Originally posted by -Finch@15 May 2003 - 19:29
<!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 05:55

gc sucks hairy balls

oh & GC r pop-punk, not pop, not punk but pop-punk..... eijit :P
hmm, I think I didnt say that last sentence :P, I asked what GC ment [/b][/quote]
eh masta.z you would find that i said that :huh:

Herie
05-20-2003, 04:56 PM
There was a time I realy liked those guy&#39;s.
I have even been to a concert of them.
but dude, the live playings sucked so hard I try to forget that night.

since then I came to see that they are quit commercial...

so trhat was the end of the story "GC" for me.
but if their music makes other people happy,fine with me...

Mivaro
05-20-2003, 05:34 PM
*sigh*
Ok, you&#39;ve done it, i&#39;m going to dl a couple of gc songs to hear what you all are talking about..... :P
Not that i care if they are punk, powerpop, watered down, or what ever, for me all those "new" punk bands are a bit strange anyhow. As i&#39;m old (40) punk is bands like the sex pistols, GBH, The Exploited, etc. i like them, but also greenday, Avril Lavigne, NOFX, Destiny&#39;s child( now THAT&#39;S punk :teehee: ). It&#39;s so simple, you like a song, or you don&#39;t. Who cares what it&#39;s called :lol:

the_faceman
05-20-2003, 08:55 PM
It&#39;s so simple, you like a song, or you don&#39;t. Who cares what it&#39;s called&nbsp; :lol:

exactly.

krholmes56
05-20-2003, 11:48 PM
com on u guyz whuts wit dat i mean really who gines a &#036;hit if i dont use punctuation.and if u have to kno my grades arent that bad ok.And just becuz im not 30 -70 like u guyz dosent mean i&#39;m not smart enough to use punctuaation and yea i probably spelled that wrong to but really dose it look like i give a shit?

krholmes56
05-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Mivaro@20 May 2003 - 17:34
*sigh*
Ok, you&#39;ve done it, i&#39;m going to dl a couple of gc songs to hear what you all are talking about..... :P
Not that i care if they are punk, powerpop, watered down, or what ever, for me all those "new" punk bands are a bit strange anyhow. punk is bands like the sex pistols, GBH, The Exploited, etc. i like them, but also greenday, Avril Lavigne, NOFX, Destiny&#39;s child( now THAT&#39;S punk :teehee: ). It&#39;s so simple, you like a song, or you don&#39;t. Who cares what it&#39;s called :lol:
yea i sorta agree but uhh nevermind

fallenknight308
05-21-2003, 12:16 AM
If you want my opinion, (your going to get it anyway) It seems to me that most things that used to be "rebellious" when I was a kid, (I&#39;m 26) are just downright Trendy now. Its funny what most people think of as "punk" rock nowadays :lol:
Its very hard in this day and age to BE original. As a musician I know&#33;
I listen to music no one has ever heard of, I&#39;ll say: have you heard of such and such band? and they&#39;ll go huh?
Good charlotte (or whatever) Has got to be the furthest thing from what I consider underground.
In a nutshell; they will be gone in no time, and yet another stupid "band" will come along and fill the perverbial "vacuum" that is left and on, and on.......................
Underground music will always be here. Hiding, festering, waiting for people who demand more for their ears&#33;&#33; :devil:
:beerchug:

fallenknight308
05-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@19 May 2003 - 05:45
why don&#39;t people just be themselves? and like what they actually enjoy, instead of what they think makes them look cool, or listen to stuff they actually hate because they want to be different.

i think it&#39;s silly to follow the mainstream, but i also think it&#39;s silly to avoid the mainstream like the plague, as a lot of stuff has become popular because it&#39;s actually good.

It just happens to be a FACT that "underground" is a cut above (or below? :P ) everything else.
I don&#39;t like to label music too much either, but you have to categorize it somehow. (Hence the over use of quotation marks)
If "Mainstream" had anything to offer me, i.e: anything pleasing to my ears, I would give it a chance.

sk8punk151
05-21-2003, 12:32 AM
NO&#33; The fact is, I am to lazy to make a sig. Its true.

:huh:

atomix_88
05-21-2003, 10:34 AM
[COLOR=red]Ok the problem is that bands like GC and other new bands are comercial and are trying to make punk trendy when their not actually punk Avril Levign is just a Rip Off of Michelle Branch and Alanis Morrisette but is trying to give it an image change.

At the end of the day people will listen to what they want and thats cool who wants to be like everyone else anyway, I&#39;m 23 and listen to all kinds of music such as: Counting Crows, Blink 182, DMB, Vines, Matchbox 20, Depeche Mode, Bowling For Soup, Marilyn Manson, Hives, KoRn and Neve.
My point is everyone listens to something different and its about what you enjoy listening thats what makes them who they are.

I will admit that it annoys me that people call Avril Levign punk :blink: there are only 2 songs on her album that are not ballads she just dresses like a skater and thinks she is punk and GC are not punk they are a boy band trying to break free of their music catergory.

And if that dude who keeps pointing out people&#39;s spelling mistakes and punctuation, don&#39;t bother what are you anyway a teacher or what.

Well thanx for reading anyway by for now B)

the_faceman
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
hey man, i only pointed out the mistake in his sig cos he/she started flaming someone else for their spelling.

and basically you&#39;re point is the same as mine, listen to what you enjoy.

atomix_88
05-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by the_faceman@21 May 2003 - 12:44
hey man, i only pointed out the mistake in his sig cos he/she started flaming someone else for their spelling.

and basically you&#39;re point is the same as mine, listen to what you enjoy.
Sorry dude I didn&#39;t mean you I meant the dude who was flaming people