PDA

View Full Version : Changing Language On Windows

vilebastard
05-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Just wondering if it was possible to change the language on a copy of windows 98SE i got? Its in french and I just rememberd I dont speak french! :huh:

harrycary
05-15-2003, 03:12 AM
I'm not sure. I think O/Ss come in different languages and is integral. Best bet is to check the Microsoft knowledge base.

Ad
05-15-2003, 04:06 AM
Yes u can but you will haev to reinstall it I think when u install it it gives u the language options to install at the beginning

harrycary
05-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Nope.
After checking the Microsoft site I found the only language change you can make(Windows 98SE) is for Internet Explorer. This is for viewing foreign language websites.
I thought so since I've reinstalled 98SE many times and have never seen that sort of option. (I now use XP)

If you have a french version, it's all in french and no way to change it.

vilebastard
05-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Hey people i appriciate the info. all though it blows 'cause it took a week to find that image file! I've been looking for a week and half for another one and no such luck! Im putting it on some older systems(486dx :lol: ) to play around with for school. know of any good ISO sites? ;)

balamm
05-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain