PDA

View Full Version : How about making FST invite.

maverick_andy
12-06-2006, 10:08 AM
yup,you guyz are right

my thought about making FST invite system to invite truster to this forum,Instead of open registeration. I know this sounds may be awakward but it has its own pros.

So that people get value here and everywhere:).

My thoughts are not offensive. This is a debate temme which side you prefer.FST with invite or FST open
I got this enlightened thought yesterday:lol: and after lot of thinking posted here.
Just post your suggestion:naughty:.
For offensive words PM me:lol:

About POLL, i tried to edit in advance section but it is diabled.
So requesting to MODS to add POLL here instead of creating another thread

gamer4eva
12-06-2006, 10:14 AM
I think that every member should have the chance at the invite section. So i am not with this lol!!!

SERVERNET
12-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Lol

RainRoofer
12-06-2006, 10:40 AM
The community would be small cuz each person knows max 1 person who trades with invites! and lots of them don't know any.
And new members can proove that they're trusted, so answer is NO.

hdooga
12-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I like the idea!

ABOUD
12-06-2006, 11:12 AM
great idea,
i think we must add poll to vote

maverick_andy
12-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Even i am against this but what makes it tick is that many person have dynamic IP address, even they got banned they come here and make deal here.Before i coming to FST i got screwed up by a person and see that person here and the good thing is that he got banned. But i know he is still here some other name. when i will catch him that will be his just another newborn for him. So making invite its pros are

1.> Members start respecting the site and members.
2.> Banning people will go down.
3.> Trading is free flowing

Cos are

1.> Making private hurts everyone.
2.> less opportunity to get site. But i assume that here lotz of ppl who hv all the torrent sites so for them it doesnt matter
3.> Members here will start trading FST invite for other good site.Like FST does:lol:. So there gonna see another site which gives invite for FST:lol:

As universal truth, Coin has its two faces its upto us how we see them:P

sun_star
12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Well this way ppl will trade FST invited in other sites LOL... ;P

pECi
12-06-2006, 12:31 PM
would be some kind of vip forum...it's a nice idea but the whole invite section would go down because the well known users have pretty much everything so...so i think this way is the best...1 month + 5 posts...maybe more posts but 5's ok too

Fulanito
12-06-2006, 01:07 PM
not a good idea..its not fair..think

ppl who have problem getting in to a site, will have to search invites to this site and then start searching for the private trackers...

Websites like Filesharing gives opportunity to ppl get in into those sites that are difficult to get into, doing this can filesharingtalk popularity go down..the point is that this is nor a bad or good idea, it has advantages and disadvantages..but why make it more harder then it already is...

ey i have nothing against you but others need this forum so if u ask me so you know my answer.

torrentslave
12-06-2006, 03:43 PM
i dont think its a good idea, but i do like the more than 5 post idea! should be more like 25-50 if you ask me.

buddy
12-06-2006, 04:13 PM
This is never going to happen.. why do you suppose the Admin would want to restrict the traffic to his site by making it invite only ? Sounds like a silly thing to do, especially when there is not a single benifit by doing so..

Sneakydave
12-06-2006, 04:17 PM
no, the whole point of this forum is so people can get started on private sites. its a really bad idea, most of the sites im on have invite threads anyway for powerusers

FlipRising21
12-06-2006, 06:10 PM
ha I would have hated if a forum regarding torrent invites etc are invites only ....... been trying so hard to get into certain big name torrentsites with no success and this is definately the best way to start

bebek
12-06-2006, 06:13 PM
the idea is not bad, but it take a lot of work. i think the beneifits is not big. the only true is there will be less scammers.

RealitY
12-06-2006, 06:38 PM
The thing that could be added is those meeting criteria at FST could invite members into the invite section allowing them to bypass the wait time. The criteria would have to be high like a member for 90 days with 100 posts and have a 10+ rating. This could allow known members of the community interact on the site quickly. This would give strong members at FST a spiff or sorts. Think with the right boundaries this could work.

Maybe create threads or a of sub section where those that meet the criteria could invite a new member so that they are tied to them. This links the responsibility of inviting members. If you invite the wront type of member there would be consequences of some type. This way those that invite new members would have to be confident about who they invite.

Anyway Im not sure how well this would work but seems a possibility. From Staff point cant think of any negatives if those doing the invites do it responsibly. Think the members have to think if this is something they want first through a poll perhaps. If the poll showed in favor of this then Staff could debate it and any details if it was to happen.

As for closing the invite section to just invites it has few benefits compared to the negatives. As for increasing the post count it just encourages spam as weve had it set higher in the past...

Shadowfire
12-06-2006, 08:00 PM
I don't think that the wait time should be bypassed completely. Maybe make it just 7 days as opposed to 30 for the "invited" members? I mean, I still maintain that this wait time really encourages the members to browse this site and really get to know this site's members.

However, I think that making an actual invite system would be too complicated. I like reality's idea of making a forum. This way, the inviting would be more personal and more known to the other members. The managers like reality can personally "promote" the invitees.

Of course, all of the above is me conforming and adding onto reality's ideas. If it were entirely up to me, I would think that the invite system would be too complicated and too exclusive. Good intentions, but predictably bad results in practicality.

In fact, I think that the admins should up the postcount req for users to access the invites section ...

man2069us
12-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I too think if we can have a section even higher than the invites section it'd be great. One could exchange premium invites without the need of checkin the name on trusted traders and the hassle of confirming ratios. Also if its very limited to only trusted members a lot of cautions such as overuse of ** for site names and a lot of other discussions can go on safely without fear of lurkers. Such a forum can be invite only and only mods invite you to it if they think you are a trusted trader and do some actual community interaction in your posts instead of just posting one-liners or thank yous. Moreover premium invites to sites such as sct or kg can be given out free on threads by people who have all they need and are no more interested in trades. This will also encourage people to be more helpful and elaborate in their posts as they will be motivated towards the premium invie section.

I know too many separate sections and levels sounds like overkill, but fst is kinda unique on the internet in the world of torrent-invite trading and it is almost a hobby for a lot of people here. I think a lot of people here are ready to move on to the next level. And we could actually call the section ... Trusted Traders :)

Also please check out this suggestion I had made for a section and please do reply on what u think.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-the-best-torrent-sites-each-category-140159

RealitY
12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Having a seprate section for higher ranking members wasnt my thought. Think that would lower the activity of the regular section. This makes me think a sub section would be looked at the wrong way. The thought was to have a place where members that meet the criteria could invite others into the invite section allowing them to bypass their wait time. Maybe making it 5 days would be better. Now thinking it would be simpler for staff to keep a log of who invites who into the section. The list would be purged at 30 days since the invitee would already have access at that point anyway...

RainRoofer
12-06-2006, 10:02 PM
That's good idea, I'm for it.
But only trusted traders, example 5+, or even 10+ can invite.

Shadowfire
12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
The trusted trader list is bullshit, and one can't depend on it. None of the people I've actually traded with have added me, yet some of the people who I've given free invites/accounts have. Giving stuff free definitely doesn't count as trusted trading. Therefore, it's not reliable, unless proof of trade is required to add people.

//: My two cents is still that invites still shouldn't be implemented. This wait period has worked so far. The wait&post requirements and scammers list are the two things that make this forum site different from others. They've cut down on scammers, and therefore everybody should serve out their time. It doesn't eliminate them all, but the wait and the harsh consequences of scamming have deterred a significant selection of scammers.

RealitY
12-07-2006, 03:08 AM
The trusted trader list is bullshit, and one can't depend on it. None of the people I've actually traded with have added me, yet some of the people who I've given free invites/accounts have. Giving stuff free definitely doesn't count as trusted trading. Therefore, it's not reliable, unless proof of trade is required to add people.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-are-freebies-trades-139875

//: My two cents is still that invites still shouldn't be implemented. This wait period has worked so far. The wait&post requirements and scammers list are the two things that make this forum site different from others. They've cut down on scammers, and therefore everybody should serve out their time. It doesn't eliminate them all, but the wait and the harsh consequences of scamming have deterred a significant selection of scammers.
Point well made although if youve been on FST for say 90 days and have 100 posts maybe you should get the benifit of being able to invite somebody you trust into the section. Think they would still have to make 5 posts and be a member for at least 5 days or maybe more. This could improve the section bringing in more quality members. Think those able to invite on the site are quality members and would invite responsibly. Think it best to limit the amount of invites also...

ghurka
12-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Personally I think this idea of bypassing the wait time is asking for trouble. Once the noobs find out this is in place (as they will) they will pm anyone to invite them in.

The wait time is there to try to get them to become part of the community. I don't think anyone should be allowed to get around that.

Eagle784
12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
forums are about the spread of info, an invite system defeats that purpose. Let's keep the invite systems to the trackers and torrent sites

taba
12-07-2006, 06:38 PM
not a good idea

RealitY
12-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Personally I think this idea of bypassing the wait time is asking for trouble. Once the noobs find out this is in place (as they will) they will pm anyone to invite them in.
This is strong point also...