PDA

View Full Version : What Makes England Look Shite?

manker
12-06-2006, 10:02 PM
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5079/ronaldowinkjv0.jpg

He plays on the left.
He plays on the rii-iiii-iight.
That boy Ronaldo, makes England look shite.
Ronaldo Ronaldo.

BrolyBoo
12-06-2006, 10:03 PM
the other ronaldo > him

DanB
12-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Man U fans

Barbarossa
12-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Wales

manker
12-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Wales
Well, our national footie team is average at best and the six-nations hasn't even started - what do we do so well that makes England look shite :huh:

manker
12-07-2006, 10:36 AM
What I think is interesting about that chant is that the United fans have been singing it ever since the start of the season in direct response to Ronaldo supposedly getting Rooney sent off in the World Cup (effectively ending England's participation in the competition) - indicating that they care so much more about United retaining a player than their national team (over 90% of Man Utd season ticket holders reside in England) and that they've totally disregarded media reports about how pissed off Rooney was with Ronaldo over the winking incident.

What I meant by the thread title is that the situation regarding Ronaldo makes an average fans' passion for the national team look shite when compared with their love for the domestic game.

Obviously for me, being Welsh, I fully support the chant and sang along heartily last weekend but I'm pretty surprised firstly at its existence and secondly at its continued popularity amongst English United fans.

Would it be the same if it was Drogba and the Chelsea fans, or Henry and Arsenal fans?

Mr. Mulder
12-07-2006, 10:37 AM
i don't watch millionaireschasingabitofleatherball, but he looks like a complete homosecksual.

Barbarossa
12-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Wales
Well, our national footie team is average at best and the six-nations hasn't even started - what do we do so well that makes England look shite :huh:

Geographically. Wales is like a boil on the arse of england :dry:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9765/boilxy1.gif

Next week, how Norway stops Sweden looking like a big cawk :happy:

manker
12-07-2006, 11:28 AM
I thought East Anglia was the arse of the UK, cos of the shape, like.

Which means that Dyfed is prolly Britan's cawk. Barbie, you've just emasculated our proud nation :o

Barbarossa
12-07-2006, 11:31 AM
East Anglia is like a hip-bone, but it does contain an arse, as we know.

Dyfed is a misshaped testicle.

100%
12-07-2006, 11:53 AM
What Makes England Look Shite?

Eternal road constructions

4play
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Would it be the same if it was Drogba and the Chelsea fans, or Henry and Arsenal fans?

I doubt it very much. a few mates went up to see the man utd v chelsea match and were less than happy when they heard this chant. The wednesday after i went up to see bolton away and the fans i was talking to were Disgusted by it.

The feeling seems to be that united fans are either cawks or welsh.

brenda
12-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Town centres on a Sunday morning

JPaul
12-07-2006, 10:22 PM
If memory serves the manutd fans have expressed their contempt for the English national team for several years.

It could be due to Beckingham getting pelters from everyone else after getting sent off (stupidly) agin' t'Argies. Sir Lex and presumably his disciples has always been a big fan of the closing ranks policy. So they would naturally hurl abuse at anyone who did the same to one of theirs.

The fact that he's a Scot (albeit a hun) would not have hurt. Can England produce decent managers btw.

Proper Bo
12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
bobby robthon

JPaul
12-07-2006, 10:28 PM
He's about 96.

Who was the last English manager to with the Premiership.

True question.

Jon L. Obscene
12-08-2006, 03:12 AM

Which means that Dyfed is prolly Britan's cawk. Barbie, you've just emasculated our proud nation :o

Manker is right there, East Anglia is the butt of England, cornwall is the cawk which would make Wales the tits.

Jonno :cool:

Barbarossa
12-08-2006, 10:28 AM
He's about 96.

Who was the last English manager to with the Premiership.

True question.

This has been asked before, and the answer was no English manager has won the premiership :blink:

The last English manager to win the top division in the English league was Howard Wilkinson with Leeds in 1991/92.

manker
12-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Manker is right there, East Anglia is the butt of England, cornwall is the cawk which would make Wales the tits.

Jonno :cool:
Wales is tits :smilie4:

manker
12-08-2006, 10:51 AM

I doubt it very much. a few mates went up to see the man utd v chelsea match and were less than happy when they heard this chant. The wednesday after i went up to see bolton away and the fans i was talking to were Disgusted by it.

The feeling seems to be that united fans are either cawks or welsh.
They were disgusted with a capital 'D', no less :o

I think that's part of the point - pissing off opposing fans. Mainly, tho', it's to ensure Ronaldo feels wanted. Like I said, I am surprised that they'll go to the length of repeatedly dissing the national team to do it.

I was at the Chelsea game too and I think there was also a footballing reason as to why it was sung so much at that game. Ashley Cole. Everyone hates him.

manker
12-08-2006, 10:59 AM
If memory serves the manutd fans have expressed their contempt for the English national team for several years.

It could be due to Beckingham getting pelters from everyone else after getting sent off (stupidly) agin' t'Argies. Sir Lex and presumably his disciples has always been a big fan of the closing ranks policy. So they would naturally hurl abuse at anyone who did the same to one of theirs.

The fact that he's a Scot (albeit a hun) would not have hurt. Can England produce decent managers btw.Good post. Sir Alex doesn't discourage this, even amongst the English players (Scholes, for example).

A level of disdain for the national team has been there for a fair while - coinciding when the realisation dawned on Utd fans that their team was, man for man, much better than England's. The Beckham thing stirred it up and it's rumbled on ever since.

It's just never been this overt nor at this level before.

Jagarga
12-08-2006, 02:43 PM
i vote for motson and the english press.

Jagarga
12-08-2006, 02:43 PM
and clive tildsley the cunt.