PDA

View Full Version : Cheating at trackers?

TheBlaZinMonK3
12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Has anyone done this? I don't cheat but sometimes I really get the urge to, a 384 kb connection isnt all that great :(

Shadowfire
12-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Dude, low speeds doesn't warrant cheating. I have the same speed as you, and I've never even thought about cheating. It's filesharing. If you're really worried about your ratio, just head over to the public sites, where you don't have to worry about it as much. But you should still seed.

Backslash
12-07-2006, 01:03 AM
i still don't understand how you can manipulate statistics.

12-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Dude, low speeds doesn't warrant cheating. I have the same speed as you, and I've never even thought about cheating. It's filesharing. If you're really worried about your ratio, just head over to the private sites, where you don't have to worry about it as much. But you should still seed.

i assume you mean public sites :ermm:

Shadowfire
12-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Crap, that's right. I'll edit that.

12-07-2006, 01:34 AM
:P

seriously, don't cheat. private sites are a privilege and cheaters ruin it for the rest of us. having a slow connection doesn't justify cheating because a lot of sites offer free leech/bonus points/etc. to help your ratios. also, most sites only require you to have a ratio just under 1 and if you put effort into it chances are you'll see it grow way over in time... all it takes is patience.
anyway, it's pointless to learn how to cheat because if the site is half decent, it'll have scripts in place to catch cheaters. and when caught, your info will likely spread to other sites and you'll probably receive a mass bt ban.

lysine
12-07-2006, 02:03 AM
if you have a slow connection, perhaps you should look into newsgroups. that way you don't have to share anything back.

having a slow connection is no excuse, as others have said. I was stuck on a 256k connection for a long time, and had no problem maintaining a decent ratio. you've just got to be selective of what you download.

FlipRising21
12-07-2006, 03:06 AM
yea man don cheat just let it seed for a while i know its painfull sometimes but its a good thing to give back what you take lol

FFh
12-07-2006, 07:30 AM
lol, dude cheating is impossible at private sites, u have ratio there, although u can stop seeding a torrent u have dlled from open/public tracker and they will not ban u, doing the same on privte torrent site is not wise.

Skiz
12-07-2006, 07:40 AM
lol, dude cheating is impossible at private sites, u have ratio there, although u can stop seeding a torrent u have dlled from open/public tracker and they will not ban u, doing the same on privte torrent site is not wise.

Cheating on a private tracker is far from impossible. But as someone above stated, many of the private tracker sites share information. Once you've been banned from one site, you're likely to be black-balled from several other sites as well.

Has anyone done this? I don't cheat but sometimes I really get the urge to, a 384 kb connection isnt all that great

I'm not even sure I understand the question. Why are you relating your connection speed to cheating? :blink:

Melvinmeow
12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
That is a correct assumption on the comment about receiving bans from multiple sites for cheating on a single 1. We dont share information publicly but sometimes staff from one site may be staff from other sites or friends with staff from other sites and pass the ban along hehehe.
As far as cheating on sites. Its easy to cheat but its easeir to get caught... While your cheats may work for a while chances are more than likely you will be caught. Its not worth cheating. Your better off using a site where you get bonus points for seeding or where as long as you seed a certain amount of time reguardless of amounts sent they wont warn/ban you. On my site we do check to see how long your average seed time is. So if we see you at least making an effort to seed many times you wont be banned.