PDA

View Full Version : Temporary contracts are teh suck.

CrabGirl
12-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I find out tomorrow, (at least I think it's tomorrow) whether I get kept on by my company after the "Christmas Cull". We each get taken into a little room and told, and although I think I'll be ok, having been there since April, and being pretty awsum at my job, I am really shitting bricks at the thought of possibly having to start again.

Please, everyone cross your fingers, toes, legs, arms, cawks, flaps, tongues, nostrils and ears for me. :cry:

JPaul
12-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I shal have a word with the big chap and you will be fine.

DanB
12-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Tell me about it. I started in April, got extended by 3 months and my official last day is 29th December due to restructuring fucking bollocks.

Good luck.

CrabGirl
12-07-2006, 11:09 PM
That sucks, Dan. I hope you manage to find something suitable quickly.

DanB
12-07-2006, 11:12 PM
So do I.

But apprently its slow round Xmas and picks up in the New Year.

CrabGirl
12-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Competition's also harsh as all the xmas temps for shops an stuff will also be looking. I just don't want to think about it. I've pretty much done Plymouth's employment scene to death. The only major place I haven't worked is the Dockyard, and I really don't want to go there.

Spose on the bright side you're guaranteed New Years Eve off.

DanB
12-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Fuck temp work in a shop over Xmas :lol:

I guess I am looking in a refined field for my next job as I want to carry on doing the accounts stuff I have been doing, lots of jobs seem to be about but no one is in a hurry to fill in them.

Luckily I am quite friendly with the lady who runs the local Reed Accountancy branch so i get put forward first for all the ones i am suitable for but it still sort of puts a damper on your Xmas plans knowing that your next pay check is the last one you can guarantee getting.