PDA

View Full Version : Oink Staff!!!!

tupacker
12-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I know Oink has always someone here watching the threads to see who is trading accounts and invites so im gonna tell you one thing...OINK SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Let me tell you what happened...it looks that someone i invited has cheated and for that his account his disabled (so far so good), then i got all my invites taken and no chance of receiving invites again. I really don't agree with this but it's their rules so i gotta respect. I sent PM asking if it there was any chance of receiving invites again and they told that there wasn't. So i sent PM telling them that i would prefer to delete my own account and start a fresh one! One hour later i was going to log in and my account was disabled. I got an invite but i couldn't register because it says i was BANNED!!! Banned for what?? For saying i would disable my account and start a new one??? I had about 42gb uploaded and 15 or 20 downloaded.. Banned why???? As if this wasn't enough...they sent PM to my friend that invited me and told him that i was banned and if he sent me another invite, he would loose his account!
Now i wonder..is it worth to be a part of a community that treats users like this?? I don't think like that so i just wanna tell you Oink Staff...your tracker isn't so good like you think. You should have more respect for users instead of treating them like garbage. I still would like to know why can't i register a new account, just for curiosity!!

OINK STAFF SUCKS!!!!!

Backslash
12-08-2006, 03:33 PM
maybe because YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DISABLE YOUR ACCOUNT TO RESTART A NEW ONE JUST FOR INVITES!! if you were gonna do this, why the hell would you ask for permission? and oink hasn't had registration for a long time. it's invite only, genius.

tupacker
12-08-2006, 03:37 PM
You didn't read right...i got an INVITE and still could't register because i was banned! Banned for this? Don't really agree but its their rulles...gotta respect.
And i could trade the acc but i didn't...more honest than delete an oink account with 42gb upload to start a new one? Is this wrong? Don't think so

torrentslave
12-08-2006, 03:38 PM
im behind him 100%, but plead the 5th for fear of losing my account!

change ur ip address and get back in!

Melvinmeow
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
It would seem quite obvious to me since you were referring to invites in the pm and then said you were going to delete your account and make a new one that you were trying to sneak by the disabled invites... and get invites again. Otherwise who in their right mind would want to delete their account with a good ratio to start over with low ratio again?

tupacker
12-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes...i only want a new account because i'm a good user and don't deserve to have any kind of "bad reputation" or limitation in my accounts just cause someone i invited got the brilliant idea of cheating...that's all!

raspberry1331
12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
it's simple: you were trying to avoid punishment, which was absolutely clear from your PM. this made this guy you PMd angry, perhaps he was having a bad day, so he banned you. from their point of view it is perfectly justifiable, you were trying to use a back door. it is another question, that if you have not sent that PM, they would never have noticed your little trick (by the way, it is not very adviseable to PM the members of staff, rather ask questions in the forums: this is always stated in the FAQ).

sometimes this virtual world quite similar to the real one: it cannot be decided who is right and who is wrong. i agree with them that this trick should not be allowed, but also with you, that this should not mean a ban.

tupacker
12-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I understand their point of view...i just don't think it's fair for me to loose all my invites FOREVER because a friend of mine cheated! I just don't agree with the way the treat users, they act like we had to beg them for second chance or whatever, i prefer to loose an account than beg for something! If i had something to hide i wouldn't PM them with my intentions...it's all over and i've been banned. Fair or not...it was their decision! Peace...

Moonspell13
12-08-2006, 05:25 PM
It may be better... who needs oink when there's DC++???

Joeymad
12-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Was he really your friend? Do you know him personally? I only invite people I absolutely know I can trust; people that already know the rules of bit torrent and have good reputation on other trackers. One way to avoid this is to not invite random people. Easy as pie.

safa
12-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Would have to agree with Joeymad, your "friend " cant really be a good friend because he obviosly does not have any respect for you, if he does this to you and tryin to sign up a new account to get more invites could be seen from Oink`s view as you tryin to invite more cheaters therfore the ban.

raspberry1331
12-08-2006, 09:09 PM
@moonspell: are you kidding? a soulseek would be a much more sensible alternative... DC is slow and taking away all the resources. it represents the dark age of filesharing.

filephile
12-08-2006, 10:24 PM
tupacker, I agree that their response was too harsh. taking away invites for life may be a bit much but is explicitly stated in their rules. not to say they couldn't have given you a warning at least in the spirit of the holiday season or something.

but it was definitely a mistake to pm staff and ask them to break rules for you, especially when your account had already been flagged.

duynghia
12-09-2006, 02:27 AM
I understand their point of view...i just don't think it's fair for me to loose all my invites FOREVER because a friend of mine cheated! I just don't agree with the way the treat users, they act like we had to beg them for second chance or whatever, i prefer to loose an account than beg for something! If i had something to hide i wouldn't PM them with my intentions...it's all over and i've been banned. Fair or not...it was their decision! Peace...

tupacker, calm down
Delete all cookies, if it didn't work, reset your rounter if your IP is dynamic or ask your ISP to provide you a new static IP.
Many trackers ban users by checking their cookies of browser, an example is TL

DKre8ive1
12-09-2006, 04:44 AM
It would seem quite obvious to me since you were referring to invites in the pm and then said you were going to delete your account and make a new one that you were trying to sneak by the disabled invites... and get invites again. Otherwise who in their right mind would want to delete their account with a good ratio to start over with low ratio again?

Especially with a 42gig uploaded and 20gig downloaded at Oinks which most ppl here can attest to it being one of the toughest places to have a good ratio unless you are uploading your own stuff.

And this would also have me believe you are just trying to get new invites threw the new accounts to use as trades.

zaguar
12-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Oink is easy to get a good ratio - now BitmeTV - that is hard.

akuma no uta
12-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I understand their point of view...i just don't think it's fair for me to loose all my invites FOREVER because a friend of mine cheated!

if you do not think the rules of a certain tracker are fair, why are you a member of that tracker?

Skiz
12-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I didn't read all of this thread, but the OinK staff are assholes all the way around. I've had two problems in the past in which I've gone to their chat section to fix, and had VERY bad experiences.

I don't even use that tracker anymore. I won't support it.

S!X
12-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I didn't read all of this thread, but the OinK staff are assholes all the way around. I've had two problems in the past in which I've gone to their chat section to fix, and had VERY bad experiences.

I don't even use that tracker anymore. I won't support it.

What exactly happened?

Sneakydave
12-09-2006, 09:47 AM

s'true that...

and tupacker, just go on irc and tell them your story... maybe that would have been a more intelligent thing to do than coming on here and bitching about them?

Chi Pheo
12-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Sorry to hear that tupacker,

Anyways, it already happened and nothing you can do about it. So, just calm down and enjoy the rest you have. Remember, dont be too honest, sometime it hurts you back. :)

It's not that hard at BitmeTV at all !

lysine
12-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Let me tell you what happened...it looks that someone i invited has cheated and for that his account his disabled (so far so good), then i got all my invites taken and no chance of receiving invites again. I really don't agree with this but it's their rules so i gotta respect.

that should be the end of it. why you went any further than that, I have no clue. why you're here ranting and bitching about it makes no sense, after you made that statement.

I understand their point of view...i just don't think it's fair for me to loose all my invites FOREVER because a friend of mine cheated!

read the bolded part of your above quote. you're contradicting yourself.

Now i wonder..is it worth to be a part of a community that treats users like this??

that has a clearly defined set of rules? that enforces those rules? that operates one of the best music torrent sites on the net?

You should have more respect for users instead of treating them like garbage.

you should have more respect for the rules that you agreed to when you signed up for the site. you remember those boxes that you had to check, stating that you read the rules and faq and agreed with them?

I still would like to know why can't i register a new account, just for curiosity!!

I think other people in the thread have answered this pretty clearly.

And this would also have me believe you are just trying to get new invites threw the new accounts to use as trades.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. the only reason to care about losing the invites in the first place is because you want to trade them. it's pretty obvious that someone who was just interested in using the site wouldn't really care about losing their invites. it doesn't affect your ability to upload/download, which is the main goal of a torrent site anyway, right?

and no, I'm not a staff member there, just a satisfied user of two years, who has never had a warning, nor let my ratio drop below 1.0. I've never understood the constant bitching from people who get banned after breaking the rules or not sharing. if you have a problem with a torrent site, the way it's run, or it's staff, simply don't use it. why this is such a hard concept for most people to grasp is beyond me. the sense of entitlement that users of any site feel, is quite perplexing.

ghurka
12-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Whilst I don't agree with what you've done I still feel that the policy at Oink, Bitme and BitmeTV is harsh.

OK if you invite a cheat then you have to lose your invites but why can that not be a set period of say 6 months. If you know you will never ever receive invites again then where is your incentive to seed back and keep a good ratio.

phoenixfire
12-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Whilst I don't agree with what you've done I still feel that the policy at Oink, Bitme and BitmeTV is harsh.

OK if you invite a cheat then you have to lose your invites but why can that not be a set period of say 6 months. If you know you will never ever receive invites again then where is your incentive to seed back and keep a good ratio.
Exactly, how's anyone supposed to know they invited a cheater?

Oh that's right. They walk up to them and ask them "Have you been cheating. Because if you have then no invite for you". Yes, I'm sure they'll tell you the truth.:rolleyes:

lysine
12-09-2006, 01:12 PM

because the majority of sites only want you to invite people that you know and trust. not random people that you meet on forums like these and have minimal interaction with.

phoenixfire
12-09-2006, 01:15 PM

because the majority of sites only want you to invite people that you know and trust. not random people that you meet on forums like these and have minimal interaction with.Still, they act like people can't keep secrets.

Moonspell13
12-09-2006, 01:28 PM

because the majority of sites only want you to invite people that you know and trust. not random people that you meet on forums like these and have minimal interaction with.

So I suppose you were actually *born* registered to the sites you use .. and you never asked for an invite someone you know over the net..Nor even traded ... :whistling

To the friend who replied about DC++ , personally I don't have any problems with the sites I use.. There are several DC clients so I guess you used a *heavy* one?? Also the speeds depend on the hubs and the users and as a result it varies greatly...

lysine
12-09-2006, 02:01 PM
So I suppose you were actually *born* registered to the sites you use .. and you never asked for an invite someone you know over the net..Nor even traded ... :whistling

you're acting like it's impossible to know and trust someone on the internet. participate on tracker forums, participate in irc, build up your ratios, build up your reputation. you will have no problem getting an invite to wherever you want, without resorting to trading invites with people that you don't know.

no, I've never traded invites. there are actually people who freely give away invites to people they know and trust, without expecting anything in return.

and no, I wasn't born onto the sites I use. I've got into plenty during open registration.

amopeo
12-09-2006, 02:05 PM
almost all of u are contradicting yourselfs. saying oh do not invite people u do not trust. blah blah blah, and i have seen most of u begging for a trade in the invite section with stranger. and fyi some of u had to get an invite to join whatever site u are in and i am sure if not for strangers u meet here, u will not have that invite.

lysine
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
almost all of u are contradicting yourselfs. saying oh do not invite people u do not trust.

that's quite laughable. the only two people in this thread who have mentioned that are joeymad and myself.

i have seen most of u begging for a trade in the invite section with stranger.

please show me a post that either joeymad or I have made in the invite section. I will be awaiting those links. you are a liar.

edit: he doesn't even have access to the invite section, he just joined a few days ago. it's people like you, who are dishonest and making up lies, that I'm talking about. why would anyone trust you when you're willing to lie about something as miniscule as posts? why would someone like you be trustworthy enough not to cheat?

amopeo
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM
almost all does not mean everybody if i remember correctly ( english is my second language). 2. i did not read joeymad posts still have not read it, so obviously i am not talking about him. so since u are not the only 2 people who posted in the thread, ( and i am not even talking about this thread, i am talking about people generally) so please do the math. 3. tell me were my lies begins since i did not quote anyones post 4. u are reading to much into my relpy if i had quoted ur relpy its understandable if i remember correctly i did not

tupacker
12-09-2006, 03:59 PM
s'true that...

and tupacker, just go on irc and tell them your story... maybe that would have been a more intelligent thing to do than coming on here and bitching about them?

I don't want acc there for now and i'm not bitching!! I just wanted to alert new users for their possible mistakes and to be prepared to the kind of staff that oink has! I won't go to irc begging for them to give back my acc or try to explain myself! If i want i'll get a new invite, change IP, clear cookies..etc

ricardo222222
12-10-2006, 06:38 AM
You can change your ip by turning off your router for a day or so.
Staff at OiNK really do suck, how come they ban you?

Mark2600
12-10-2006, 07:52 AM
I know from dealing with the OiNK staff for a while, they suck. They're pretty rude to new users (myself not included), and simple questions are answered in rather rude remarks, or with "READ THE FAQ!!!!!!!!!11111111111111".

They're just all-around non-tolerable jerks, 'nuff said.

Their music selection still kicks ass though.

filephile
12-10-2006, 08:30 AM
They're just all-around non-tolerable jerks, 'nuff said.

Their music selection still kicks ass though.

complete jerks with a kick-ass music collection?!
I'll take it!!

safa
12-10-2006, 09:22 AM
how come they ban you?

Look at the first post of this thread

thestarofdeath
12-11-2006, 01:45 AM
I was a Oink member for years with an upload over 70 gigs and about a 1.0 Ratio with many torrents personally uploaded, I went on about 2 weeks ago to have a message saying my account has been disabled. Idk why it was, and I've never cheated before, but I dont care really since Oink will be dead in about a years time when A) There aggressiveness toward everyone proves wrong and the userbase of uploaders depletes
to a unrecoverable state or B) One of the Anti Piracy groups shuts them down and takes the logs of there users, lucky mine has probley been deleted with my membership.

aburyach
12-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Registered Users 107,150

Looks like most people would not agree with you tupacker...

Shadowfire
12-11-2006, 03:54 AM
I doubt that all 107,150 are active nonbanned members. I'd guess that they include banned users in that count, or else there would be even more leechers

guitarghouls
12-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Nothing wrong with oink.

FlipRising21
12-11-2006, 06:39 AM
hahhaa lysine i love the way you break down posts to make your point lol no idea if OinKs good or bad I dont really care I just want to be a registered member for that site but yea man umm if your still reading this best solution is to talk to them via chat in irc or just forget about it =)

Skiz
12-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I doubt that all 107,150 are active nonbanned members. I'd guess that they include banned users in that count, or else there would be even more leechers

Exactly. You can make that 107,149 right now. I'm registered there but I hate 'em and won't use 'em.

Shadowfire
12-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Why do you hate them?

Oink is my fav specialized tracker in terms of content.

Amun_The_Unsee
12-11-2006, 08:26 PM
i hate how oink is so strict.

its lame as hell. its a great tracker, i think it is anyway, but i think the rules are too strict. i see how they are real tight about quality and crap, but they go a little overboard.

Ratzy Rox
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
The rules are simple to follow and ive learnt alot about flac and eac by reading them. I fail to see how their too strict :S

Shadowfire
12-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Can't agree with you more Ratzy Rox. Before I joined, I heard all this talk about what a horror their staff were, but once in, their rules looked pretty straightforward and reasonable to me. It doesn't really take much to figure out that trackers don't want you having multiple accounts, trading invites, not sharing, and cheating.

caza11
12-11-2006, 10:09 PM
oink - forever!!!

SonicMutt
12-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Well, I hope to get one soon
All i hear is good about them

flicky0urbic
12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Oink = Douchebags

Hairbautt
12-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Now i wonder..is it worth to be a part of a community that treats users like this??
Yes. :yup:

Backslash
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes. :yup:they wont treat you badly at all if youre not an idiot. all they do is point your ignorance for not reading the rules and faq's before posting useless threads in the forums.