PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nintendo Wii Controller A Hazard

frizshizzle
12-09-2006, 04:09 AM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2720/wii2001e4b06fcxm4.jpgThe controller for Nintendo's new Wii game console has come under fire in Britain because it can fly out of users' hands, a report said.

The hand-held controller -- whose motion-sensing ability allows a player to mimic physical actions in games -- has become the subject of several claims in Britain that it can leave the user's hand because of a defective wrist strap, The Daily Mail reported.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said damage done by flying controllers -- including damage to TV sets -- is likely be due to overuse of the straps.

"Some people are getting a lot more excited than we'd expected," Iwata said. "We need to better communicate to people how to deal with Wii as a new form of entertainment."

The situation has marred what has to date been a successful launch of the new game console in Britain -- which the Daily Mail said has included long lines at stores to purchase the system.

----------------------------------------------------
using the wii as a baseball bat could do some serious facial damage. maybe a broken nose? though that'll be more intensional than accidental. like a drug deal gone wrong.
1. addict uses cash to buy a wii.
2. dealer shows up for pay day.
3. addict says he's addicted to games and drugs.
4. dealer smacks addict with wii breaking legs, nose and jaw.
in another story: Wii put Father in coma.:wacko:

:source: Source: http://www.playfuls.com/news_05467_Report_Nintendo_Wii_Controller_A_Hazard.html

fred861
12-09-2006, 09:56 AM
--

Hairbautt
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
You know I'm proud of Nintendo making a new controller, this is B.S. though.

User error, anyone? Take responsiblity for your actions! Seriously...

gamer4eva
12-09-2006, 02:53 PM
A funny joke....:lol:

General2k
12-09-2006, 03:43 PM
This is why the gf doesnt want to get one. She figures it would be to dangerous. I think they are an awesome idea, Im just waiting for some pre-mods to be released.

Busyman™
12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
hey have any of you tried "rayman raving rabbits" ?

this is one game you'd really want to play on a wii
on the pc version that replace the controls with mouse movements but's its really not the same would be freaking awesome playing that game with the wii remote!

Raving Rabbits is great!

User error, anyone? Take responsiblity for your actions! Seriously...

I totally agree. Even if the strap breaks, that's the user's fault.

You are not supposed to let the control go...DUHHHH! :1eye:

peat moss
12-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey a hairdryer in the wrong hands is hazardous no ? Reminds me of lawn darts tho . :rolleyes:

tesco
12-09-2006, 06:52 PM

User error, anyone? Take responsiblity for your actions! Seriously...Not really.
If it has a built-in wrist strap I'd assume that's to hold it in my hands if it slipped. So if it does slip the wrist strap should stop it. But the strap just breaks.

Hairbautt
12-09-2006, 07:22 PM
The strape breaks? What is it made out of?

Busyman™
12-09-2006, 07:42 PM

User error, anyone? Take responsiblity for your actions! Seriously...Not really.
If it has a built-in wrist strap I'd assume that's to hold it in my hands if it slipped. So if it does slip the wrist strap should stop it. But the strap just breaks.

The strap wouldn't be meant to work indefinitely. It would eventually fail.

Also, Nintendo shouldn't be liable if it does.

The wrist strap wouldn't hold it in your hands anyway. It would hang on your wrist.

tesco
12-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Not really.

The wrist strap wouldn't hold it in your hands anyway. It would hang on your wrist.
Ya so if it slips i'd assume it was going to stay on my wrist.
With no wrist strap i'd be more careful knowing that it will fly at my tv if it slips.;)

Busyman™
12-09-2006, 08:48 PM

With no wrist strap i'd be more careful knowing that it will fly at my tv if it slips.;)

Good point. They should have not included the strap. Including it might have opened them up to liability. Weird.

People will would have to prove that they had the strap-on.:naughty:

From what I've heard and seen, many don't use the strap.

tesco
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM

Good point. They should have not included the strap. Including it might have opened them up to liability. Weird.

From what I've heard and seen, many don't use the strap.But the point is that the strap breaks.
If they just made the strap out of something unbreakable we wouldn't have this problem.:)

kazaaman
12-11-2006, 01:12 AM
But the point is that the strap breaks.
If they just made the strap out of something unbreakable we wouldn't have this problem.

Or if they didn't make the strap at all....

Busyman™
12-11-2006, 01:44 AM

From what I've heard and seen, many don't use the strap.But the point is that the strap breaks.
If they just made the strap out of something unbreakable we wouldn't have this problem.:)

What it connects to is what breaks. I mean the strap breaks away from the Wiimote. The strap could be a handcuff but if it connects to plastic then..............