PDA

View Full Version : If it's a democrat...

j2k4
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
...I guess it's not a "culture of corruption", huh?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235717,00.html

Busyman™
12-11-2006, 01:58 AM
...I guess it's not a "culture of corruption", huh?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235717,00.html

Okay now you really are getting boring.

I come on here for a little entertainment and something interesting and here's you with culture of corruption with one fucking Dem.:dry:

I thought the link would have been a rack of Democratic politicians recently caught in a dragnet.

Maybe this is your way of not sounding like a broken record (you know like your steroid diatribes and blacks can't be racists sarcasm) where you have 2 Jimmy Carter threads (a POTUS from umpteen years ago) when there's a fuck up in office currently and now post about "culture of corruption" meaning this one Democrat you could hone in on while ignoring the party that was just holding power. :dog:Run-On:dog:

:glag: Maybe not so boring after all.

Thanks for the link, however (minus the lame comment). It sucks that he won. It reminds me of when Marion Barry won....a fucking crackhead for mayor of our nation's capitol.:ermm:

MagicNakor
12-11-2006, 02:49 AM
Usually when I hear "culture of corruption," it's the Conservatives referring to the Liberals and the Gomery inquiry.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/groupaction/

The difference, I guess, is that we gave the Grits a time-out, rather than reelecting them. Whether I'm referring to Jefferson or the Republican party is up to you to decide. ;)

:shuriken:

bigboab
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
I dont see many Mugwumpers around in this part of the forum.:lol:

Ava Estelle
12-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I come on here for a little entertainment and something interesting and here's you with culture of corruption with one fucking Dem.:dry:

I guess, by the same criteria, the Republican party has a culture of sexual solicitation, as witnessed by the exploits of Mark Foley and Jim Kolbe.

Busyman
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM

I guess, by the same criteria, the Republican party has a culture of sexual solicitation, as witnessed by the exploits of Mark Foley and Jim Kolbe.

Well see that's two.:D

I never heard about Jim Kolbe.

j2k4
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM

Yes, I see.

A culture of...two.

Do you really want to pursue that point?

vidcc
12-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Pelosi blocks Jefferson's return to House Ways and Means Committee
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, moved Tuesday to keep Rep. William Jefferson, D-Louisiana, off the House Ways and Means Committee.

Jefferson, who won a runoff re-election Saturday despite facing allegations of bribery, had indicated he hoped to regain his seat on the powerful committee.

Pelosi led the charge last spring to remove Jefferson from the post after Justice Department officials discovered $90,000 in his Capitol Hill freezer.

A Democratic aide told CNN Monday that Pelosi will not allow Jefferson to return to the committee until he has been cleared of all bribery chargeshttp://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/pelosi-blocks-jeffersons-return-to.html

j2k4
12-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Pelosi blocks Jefferson's return to House Ways and Means Committee
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, moved Tuesday to keep Rep. William Jefferson, D-Louisiana, off the House Ways and Means Committee.

Jefferson, who won a runoff re-election Saturday despite facing allegations of bribery, had indicated he hoped to regain his seat on the powerful committee.

Pelosi led the charge last spring to remove Jefferson from the post after Justice Department officials discovered $90,000 in his Capitol Hill freezer.

A Democratic aide told CNN Monday that Pelosi will not allow Jefferson to return to the committee until he has been cleared of all bribery chargeshttp://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/pelosi-blocks-jeffersons-return-to.html

Wow, talk about tough on corruption...

Busyman™
12-13-2006, 12:13 AM
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/pelosi-blocks-jeffersons-return-to.html

Wow, talk about tough on corruption...

Yeah. If he was Republican, he'd be backed for POTUS...oh wait.

vidcc
12-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Wow, talk about tough on corruption...what do you suggest she does with a legally elected lawmaker that has been convicted of nothing? Refuse to seat him perhaps?
For one thing, our system functions with a presumption of innocence. Sure, it looks like Jefferson is as guilty as sin, and we suspect he may end up in jail, but that’s a job for law enforcement and the judiciary. The congressional majority can’t decide, with any real legitimacy, to circumvent the process and find Jefferson guilty enough to ignore election results.
Back when the thing came to light pelosi wanted the ethics committee to investigate him. (must be a democratic thing)

I would like to see him called before the ethics committee ( along with the other not yet indicted scandal suspects) and asked under oath where the money came from. Then, if it is decided there is a good case the committee could recommend his expulsion. This wouldn't be a violation of the presumption of innocence as it is about fitness to serve, not guilt.

Ava Estelle
12-13-2006, 05:45 AM

Yes, I see.

A culture of...two.

So says the person who started this thread with a 'culture of one'.

Or is a single Democrat a 'culture' whereas it takes several Reps?

If a single Dem is a culture, surely two Reps is an epidemic?

GepperRankins
12-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Yes, I see.

A culture of...two.

avy, stop it! he has to be rodding :lol:

j2k4
12-13-2006, 10:49 AM

avy, stop it! he has to be rodding :lol:

Oh, quite true.

I intend him to remember Murtha and Hastings without my having to invoke their names.

I see that it didn't work.

Busyman
12-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes, I see.

A culture of...two.

:glag: Hilarious!

j2k4
12-13-2006, 09:13 PM

Alright.

Check the names-

Mollohan (Ethics Committee ranking Democrat and soon-to-be Chairman)

Conyers

Reid

Pelosi

Murtha

Obama

These are just some of the names you know...there are more that you haven't heard.

Seems there's a penchant for real-estate deals, sweetheart deals, nepotism....just like Republicans!

Busyman™
12-13-2006, 11:17 PM

Alright.

Check the names-

Mollohan (Ethics Committee ranking Democrat and soon-to-be Chairman)

Conyers

Reid

Pelosi

Murtha

Obama

These are just some of the names you know...there are more that you haven't heard.

Seems there's a penchant for real-estate deals, sweetheart deals, nepotism....just like Republicans!

Look everyone. Jay says that there are bad Dems just like Republicans!:O

The very nature of earmarks is corrupt and that's been a congressional staples forever.

What made you look quite dumb, however, was bringing forth one Democrat and then mentioning "a culture of corruption".

It just sounded quite stupid is all and with the recent barrage of Republican media attention, you look like the "see, they are bad toooooo" boy.

I dare anyone on here to say there weren't/aren't corrupt Democrats.:dabs:

MagicNakor
12-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Just operate on the basis that all politicians are corrupt and back the one that is mostly likely to be corrupt for causes/companies you agree with. :dabs:

j2k4
12-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Just operate on the basis that all politicians are corrupt and back the one that is mostly likely to be corrupt for causes/companies you agree with. :dabs:

Exactly.

Cui bono