PDA

View Full Version : Ripping specific parts of a DVD

cpt_azad
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Is there any software out ther that will let me rip out a specific part of a DVD, like for example, I want to rip out a couple of clips from the bonus material section of a DVD without actually having to rip the entire DVD. Is this possible? If not, what options do I have?

Virtualbody1234
12-10-2006, 11:07 PM
DVD Shrink.

Click the Re-Author button and you can select any part you want. After selecting, you can even cut off the beginning and end of any selection by the Set Start/End Frames button (looks like 2 arrows pointing in opposite directions).

cpt_azad
12-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Ok I clicked on re-author, and I can see/preview the clips from the list of clips I want. So I right clicked on the clips I wanted and clicked "Add" which got added to a new list on the top left corner called DVD Compilation. How do I actually start ripping these clips?

S!X
12-11-2006, 05:55 AM
What you could do is rip the whole dvd and compress it with the xvid codec, then just an AVI splitter to cut out those specific parts.

Virtualbody1234
12-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Ok I clicked on re-author, and I can see/preview the clips from the list of clips I want. So I right clicked on the clips I wanted and clicked "Add" which got added to a new list on the top left corner called DVD Compilation. How do I actually start ripping these clips?

Click the Backup! button.