PDA

View Full Version : How to Download Fast

AshkenAZoNi
12-11-2006, 08:44 AM
hey, im this forum newbie, I was a big DC fan but now I need the vast archive of the torrents, so I came to seek your help.

Maybe we could make a sticky of some sort, anyone that is downloading fast and would like to share how, please do..

If its the client, or maybe a patch, or just private trackers, I would just like to know what is going on in this scene.

Also, mine might be downloading slow because some sort of a problem, which is a second issue,

my Utorrent doesnt download at all [i think] and Azureus does issue a warnning of some sort but seems to download ok.

with my dc I was used to reach 200KBs for popular files...
so please, any data about whats going on will be welcomed,

thanx alot.

switchtrey
12-11-2006, 09:14 AM
1. Make yourself 'connectable'
2. Use Private Trackers
3. Use Utorrent

e.g. a file with say 100 seeders and 3 leechers will dl at 1MB/s+ if this criteria is met.

Backslash
12-11-2006, 05:23 PM
1. Make yourself 'connectable'
2. Use Private Trackers
3. Use Utorrent

e.g. a file with say 100 seeders and 3 leechers will dl at 1MB/s+ if this criteria is met.
i wish my connection would allow 1MB. i get about a third of that

gamer4eva
12-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I could get full speeds using DC i think its a matter of who you dl it off and if they have a nice connection speed.

Shadowfire
12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Also, enable encryption, like it says in the sticky. It helps against the throttling of speeds by your ISP.

caza11
12-11-2006, 10:11 PM
rerstrict your upload for 80%

Gish
12-13-2006, 10:12 PM
get a better ISP plain and simple.
you get what you pay for:)

switchtrey
12-13-2006, 10:20 PM
get a better ISP plain and simple.
you get what you pay for:)

alot of countries have inferior cabling. i get 1mbps in australia but that's lucky.

gamer4eva
12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Depends on your ISP speed....

AshkenAZoNi
12-14-2006, 11:13 AM
first of all thanx.

switchtrey1. Make yourself 'connectable'
2. Use Private Trackers
3. Use Utorrent

thanx I will use this.
But I think Utorrent doesnt download work for me. weird.
I mean, Azureus starts downloading almost immediatley and utorrent seems to take his time.

also, could u specify about being connectable?
thanx.
and also about inferior cables - Ive got it :D - LOL
my max is 200KBS - I might be able to upgrade it to 260KBS or so..

another thing, where exactly should i enable encryption?

lastly, thanx for the 80% upload tip..

More is welcomed ofcourse... :D

cya.
thanx.

switchtrey
12-15-2006, 06:38 AM
--Why does it say that I am not connectable? (And why should I care?)

The tracker has determined that you are firewalled or NATed and cannot accept incoming connections.

This means that other peers in the swarm will be unable to connect to you, only you to them. Even worse, if two peers are both in this state they will not be able to connect at all. This has obviously a detrimental effect on the overall speed.

The way to solve the problem involves opening the ports used for incoming connections (the same range you defined in your client) on the firewall and/or configuring your NAT server to use a basic form of NAT for that range instead of NAPT (the actual process differs widely between different router models. Check your router documentation and/or support forum. You will also find lots of information on the subject at PortForward (http://portforward.com/).com).--

In other words visit portforward.com select your router model and program your using (azureus) and it will guide you through the process to open your ports and make yourself 'connectable'

Unless your ISP bans bittorrent (very rare) don't worry about enabling encryption. If your ISP definately does throttle or ban bittorrent, let me know.

Make sure utorrent is allowed in your firewall etc. because if working properly it is the most popular and far superior client.

welcome to the world of fast bittorrent downloads.
enjoy. :)

kavalchuk17
12-15-2006, 07:22 AM
first of all thanx.

switchtrey1. Make yourself 'connectable'
2. Use Private Trackers
3. Use Utorrent

thanx I will use this.
But I think Utorrent doesnt download work for me. weird.
I mean, Azureus starts downloading almost immediatley and utorrent seems to take his time.

also, could u specify about being connectable?
thanx.
and also about inferior cables - Ive got it :D - LOL
my max is 200KBS - I might be able to upgrade it to 260KBS or so..

another thing, where exactly should i enable encryption?

lastly, thanx for the 80% upload tip..

More is welcomed ofcourse... :D

cya.
thanx.

because then people who force it can connect to you and speeds increase. theres also a sticky about it.

ClassRoomHero
12-16-2006, 06:34 AM
how about getting a Cable speed connection?

DKre8ive1
12-16-2006, 02:43 PM
OK for learning on how to get connectable you need to tell us your router/modem model # and hopefully Portforward.com will have a guide on how to set forward your ports and set up Utorrent.

Utorrent is the best client and uses fewest resources.

Link-http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm