PDA

View Full Version : IE wont....really work.

12am
12-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Internet Explorer wont open some websites, everything was fine before i installed Firefox, but firefox wasent connecting to the internet so i took it down.

But now IE only opens some websites and i cant sign in windows live messenger and other programs wont connect to the internet.

....some help would be nice. i know NOTHING about computers.

peat moss
12-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Sounds like a firewall problem or a virus maybe ? Try an online scan see what it says .

http://www.google.ca/search?q=online+virus+scan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Hairbautt
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
I agree with the possible firewall issue, but really you'd be better getting someone you know personally to help you cause there is a long list of possible explanations. That and you should be getting pop-ups from your firewall whether or not to "allow", "deny", "outbound", etc.

Were there any hardware changes? Like a router installed?

dodgy368
12-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Internet Explorer wont open some websites, everything was fine before i installed Firefox, but firefox wasent connecting to the internet so i took it down.

But now IE only opens some websites and i cant sign in windows live messenger and other programs wont connect to the internet.

....some help would be nice. i know NOTHING about computers.

Reinstall IE and set it as your default browser, that should sort it.;)

jake45232
12-17-2006, 09:30 AM
i have that same problem, i reinstalled ie then upgraded to ie 7 and it just won't connect to anything

Hairbautt
12-17-2006, 01:54 PM
You know mine does this when two users are logged in on my computer, but a simple restart "fixes" it.