PDA

View Full Version : Shareaza Rocks Rocks Rocks!

clever1
05-16-2003, 01:07 AM
shareaza is the best, coolest, fastest and featurefully advanced file sharing program i have ever seen, all it needs is more users. PEOPLE! try it and spread the word. www.shareaza.com

Jibbler
05-16-2003, 01:20 AM
I use it, and I like it alot. They have a great network, but there are still some bugs. In time, we'll see which filesharing program reigns supreme. :)

RealitY
05-16-2003, 09:08 AM
I like the the program as well, but am still trying to see where the speeds land, as it does bring similar speeds to eMule. Eh, Jib, I see you got your stripes.

N£MO
05-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I have used shareaza in the past and like the program alot.Just downloading the latest version and will give it a try,cheers :)

sharedholder
05-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Ya ,rocks for you but not for me,i tried the last beta version and uninstalled ,slow speed ,everytime i try to use a hash link for shareazaa works, but take me 2 hours to download 6o mb.

Jibbler
05-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@16 May 2003 - 05:08
I like the the program as well, but am still trying to see where the speeds land, as it does bring similar speeds to eMule. Eh, Jib, I see you got your stripes.
Thanks Reality. :D Onward to 7 stars! B) I haven't noticed the speeds being slow, I'd say its about the same as emule. My bittorrent downloads are finally working, and those seem to come at screaming fast speeds. Will keep you posted. :)

Champion
05-16-2003, 09:00 PM
k, but there are still some bugs.
new version is out and many bugs are fixed.
read more here: http://shareazaforum.anenga.com/showthread...d=4244#post4244 (http://shareazaforum.anenga.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4244#post4244)

Inevitable
05-16-2003, 10:59 PM
I just tryed it and it is extremely fast. I'm downloading a file at over 500 kb's.

imported_The__One
05-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Indeed, I just downloaded/installed it, and already I'm downloading at around 200kbps, wich is unheard of on emule :D Also, I really liked the interface and all the cool features, looks like this one is here to stay. It's got emule's reliability and bittorent's speeds...very nice

Paul_NFFC
05-17-2003, 05:01 AM
sounds cool ill give it a try..no doubt it will need more users so spread the word to your friends folks ;)

Paul_NFFC
05-17-2003, 05:47 PM
everyone get this its great!

only thing its lacking is files so lets all get over there and get sharing ;)

L(.)(.)K here
06-16-2003, 08:25 PM
the new shareaza 1.9 is a idea ,bringing edonkey and bit torrent together,but has many bugs. i tried to download a torrent file with it and my box crashed. after rebooting i opened shareaza to see if the torrent file would resume. well, it was trying to resume,but the incomplete file was lost in the crash. shareaza just kept trying to resume the download. there was no way of stopping this ,not even closing shareaza would do it. so i uninstalled it ,this is where all the fun begins. it was removed from the add / remove programs list , but it was still on my box , still running. so i rebooted again and there it was, still there, still running yet gone from the add / remove programs list in control pannel. it was causing my CPU usage to run between 60%--80% so i had to do 2 full system restores to finally remove it. i will never use shareaza again. my advice is to stay away from it,and just use edonkey and bit torrent