PDA

View Full Version : need help in utorrent

AlcapoN
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
this problem will kill me
when my computer restart by the un usual way like electericity cut or it restart from itself
it cancel all the task present in it
and i have to put them again and waiting the checking
did this occure with me only or with the others?
and how to solve it?
or
what is the other client good other than auzurius as i di not like it

thanks for ur help

gamer4eva
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
No i dont usually have to reload torrent but the files do check automatically.

filephile
12-12-2006, 05:19 PM
No i dont usually have to reload torrent but the files do check automatically.

same for me, it checks all incomplete (files that I am still downloading) and then resumes.

waterloo
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
The settings must've gotten corrupted. Delete the profile folder and reconfigure µtorrent again.

gamer4eva
12-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Or just reinstall the damn thing....

Shadowfire
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
uTorrent is the best so far, until the new owners fuck it up. Just keep a copy of 1.6 for safekeeping.

Like the others said, you can delete your profile folder and start over if you didn't install it. It's located: root:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\uTorrent. If you installed it, then just reinstall.

gamer4eva
12-12-2006, 08:20 PM
So i hear utorrent merged with some company. Does this mean uTorrent is officaly going to make ghey releases?

Shadowfire
12-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Probably, since Bittorrent, Inc. is pretty commercial. Ads, crap, whoknowswhat will get in the program sooner or later. Just wish uT was open source, so that some kind hearted people can keep developing it ... But no biggie, I'm sure some new amazing program will come up after a little bit.

raspberry1331
12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
this is normal operation, you dont have to reinstall it. it checks everything, because it could not save the file resume.dat, which contains important info.

/its the same thing when you have to restore your word document because of an electricity cut... so i guess it also must be the same in azureus/

AlcapoN
12-13-2006, 11:03 AM
this is normal operation, you dont have to reinstall it. it checks everything, because it could not save the file resume.dat, which contains important info.

/its the same thing when you have to restore your word document because of an electricity cut... so i guess it also must be the same in azureus/
this is what i mean
it just check the complete files and continue download incomplete
is there any way to save resume files or any client saving the resume file?

Alien5
12-13-2006, 01:30 PM
why? whats wrong with checking the files, do you get alot of power cuts or something?

DKre8ive1
12-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Get a back up powere supply unit like the one below and it gives you 14 minutes after the power goes down to shut off your PC and this way save everything properly.

Link-> http://www.amazon.com/APC-Back-UPS-Broadband-Number-BE725BB/dp/B000085OXN#moreAboutThisProduct

I am pretty sure the more expensive the battery the more time it will give you to shutdown and backup stuff.

raspberry1331
12-13-2006, 10:19 PM
if you have a lot of power cuts, do as thecreativeone suggested and by a power supply unit. otherwise just check that when you shut down your computer utorrent is shut down correctly: the safest was is to exit from utorrent and after that shut down the computer.

(i think utorrent saves resume.dat quite often; i tried to use it on linux, and it was giving me an arror about cannot save the resume.dat file in every minute or so, which would mean that utorrent saves the file each minute.)

Romeo26222
02-16-2007, 07:11 AM
i think you have te recreate a new blank resume file!!!