PDA

View Full Version : drivermagic

baccyman
12-13-2006, 09:59 PM
has anyone used drivermagic
i have installed it on to my comp and run a scan with it and the result is that there are loads of different drivers that it has found and some of them want to change my chip set ,
i have not installed any yet as i don't know if changing the chip set will screw up my comp and if it did would there be any way back from something like that.

Virtualbody1234
12-13-2006, 11:12 PM
It's impossible for software to change your chip set. A chip set is group of chips on your motherboard (physical parts).

It must be wanting you to change your chip set drivers.

baccyman
12-14-2006, 09:35 AM
sorry i should have put chip set drivers ,
but would this cause any major problems if i went ahead and installed the drivers .

peat moss
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM
You should be able to roll back any driver . Why not just search your Mobo's web site for updated drivers ? I take it your using generic windows drivers ?

baccyman
12-14-2006, 04:19 PM
the computer came with xp home installed when i bought it, and when i have updated with microsoft updates there is a audio driver c-media AC97 , when i install that driver it knocks out my audio so i know that i get problems with that one , i dont fancy having problems with a whole load of them.
thanks for your reply.

magister
12-14-2006, 09:49 PM
I used drivermagic and had no problem

peat moss
12-15-2006, 05:03 AM
the computer came with xp home installed when i bought it, and when i have updated with microsoft updates there is a audio driver c-media AC97 , when i install that driver it knocks out my audio so i know that i get problems with that one , i dont fancy having problems with a whole load of them.
thanks for your reply.

I know what you mean Winupdates tries to update my Ati Vid card with older drivers so I just uncheck that option . Drivermagic is probably a good choice for you then ,I hav'nt tried it but programs like UDI work the same way ,its a tool to help you.

Have you tried googling your Mobo drivers ? c-media AC97 is pretty basic you should be able to update with no problems . :) Try a program like Belarc to see what hardware and software you have installed .

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

baccyman
12-15-2006, 04:02 PM
thanks for the tips i will give that a try,