PDA

View Full Version : Privacy/cleaning Tools

Gosha1985
05-16-2003, 09:30 AM
Hello people,

I just wanted to ask you what is the best on-line privacy tool that cleans all the tracks that you leave while surfing. The tool that cleans cookies and cache in not just one type of browser. Tool that deletes files from recycle bin and windows temporary files - internet and app related.
I have a zone alarm pro FW, NAV 2002 and Adaware 6. but I would want to also have some "cleaning all the crap" tool. I have win XP home. I've heard about WinBrush and PestPatrol. Any suggestions?

jay973
05-16-2003, 09:36 AM
Window washer is by far the best.
If you want it then PM me and I will send you a link to a website you can get the full version for free directly. :D

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Evidence Eliminator!
Go Here to check it out
http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/
It's everything you just asked for! ;)
Don't have the hash but it's easy to find on kazaa.
I have window washer but this blows it away.
Be carefull

sharedholder
05-16-2003, 09:54 AM
WINDOW WASHER KICK ASS!!! :D :D :D

Buffalo
05-16-2003, 11:22 AM
I have only just started using WINDOW WASHER and i can recomend it.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/celebs_are_us_n00b.gif

N£MO
05-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Window washer is all you need,a great program.

I have heard bad things about evidence eliminator and it messed up my comp so i'd advise you not to use it.

jay973
05-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Looks like Window Washer is the favourite.
As I said in my last post,if ANYBODY wants it,PM me and I will send you a link to a site you can download the FULL latest version for FREE!(and no pop ups everywhere).
:D

Ynhockey
05-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Evidence Eliminator is better, BUT you have to know what you're doing if you want to NOT screw up some parts of your system. So, use it at your own risk. Window Washer is good too.

balamm
05-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

N£MO
05-16-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@16 May 2003 - 15:09
Evidence Eliminator is better, BUT you have to know what you're doing if you want to NOT screw up some parts of your system. So, use it at your own risk. Window Washer is good too.
I DO know what i'm doing BUT evidence eliminator has messed up my comp before as it crashed at a critical time.This happened to 3 different friends of mine on different computers in the same place.

The cracked version has also been found to dial home on numerous occasions. :D

ripley02
05-16-2003, 03:14 PM
i havent tried window washer but ive tried evidence eliminator. the one i downloaded off kazaa installed OK. but one day after about a month of using it i tried to clean my system and was redirtected to thier website telling me that they knew i was using a their stolen software and that i was being reported to my isp which i didnt care but they also told me that they could make the program act as if it was cleaning my system but it really wasnt. so i just uninstalled it. so i dont recommend it but could they really do that to the program?

CornerPocket
05-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Window Washer user; currently testing out CyberScrub (https://buy.cyberscrub.com/pitch.php?ReferrerId=0).

Interesting comparison chart:

Comparison Chart (http://www.ccmostwanted.com/CyberscrubCompare.htm)

ripley02
05-16-2003, 03:21 PM
damn! looks like cyber scrub is THE shit. maybe i'll have to try that one too.

Grim
05-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@16 May 2003 - 15:02
Window washer is all you need,a great program.

I have heard bad things about evidence eliminator and it messed up my comp so i'd advise you not to use it.
Ditto. Use EE with CAUTION. I tried it & it fu*ked up my system. I use Tracks Eraser Pro, gonna have a go at this WindowsWasher.

Eggo60
05-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I found Windows Washer also to be one of the best. As for Evidence Eliminator just do a search for " Robin Hood Software " nuf said about that really.. <_<

ToraBoraDweller
05-16-2003, 05:54 PM
"cleaning all the crap"

It&#39;s also important to not make crap &#33; :)
Most important thing is right browser-configuration .
During surfing have Ad-watch running or webwasher.

Afterwards you can run the by others mentioned tools there is also SpybotS&D
and WinsysClean most do the same job so take y&#39;r pick.

XSpikeX
05-16-2003, 07:33 PM
I downloaded CyberScrub then did the thing were it erases all your deleted stuff beyound recover and... well... my 700MB movie download on kazaa which was 500MB done failed. So it might have been a coincidence but I think CyberScrub messed up my download and I have to start over. Just a word of caution.

ripley02
05-16-2003, 08:19 PM
was it just that one file? god that must suck i know i woulda been kickin my pc. being on dial up as i am.

XSpikeX
05-16-2003, 08:57 PM
I only download a 5-10kbps and yeah it does suck :(. But that seems like the only thing it fudged up. I uninstalled it though cause I don&#39;t really need it.

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@16 May 2003 - 16:03
The cracked version has also been found to dial home on numerous occasions. :D
Yeah you have to be carefull with EE but it will definitley get rid of all tracks and then some.
btw.It warns you that if you pirated it,it may just mysteriously stop working one day.
So I think it does phone home but you can block it with a firewall.
I hate progs that do that&#33; :devil:

skelley521
05-17-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@16 May 2003 - 16:17
Window Washer user; currently testing out CyberScrub (https://buy.cyberscrub.com/pitch.php?ReferrerId=0).

Interesting comparison chart:

Comparison Chart (http://www.ccmostwanted.com/CyberscrubCompare.htm)
cyberscrub now has my vote...nice features...thanks for the info.

@CornerPocket, you wouldn&#39;t happen to have any special information on the professional V3.0 trial B)
Thanks,
Steve

zapjb
05-17-2003, 01:34 AM
I *fiddled* w/CyberScrub so the trial counter doesn&#39;t come on. But now my recycle bin has 2 entries that say "Erase beyond recovery". Pardon, I don&#39;t think I&#39;m being too clear. Anyone know how to get rid of 1 of the entries? BTW the *fiddle* I used was 799KB in rar. Expanded it is 2.98MB (Cybscrub.exe). Mods if this is too blatant, please delete. TY.

sharedholder
05-17-2003, 01:53 AM
CyberSuck not cyberscrub ,i deleted 300 mb mp3s.

ijc_2003
05-17-2003, 02:02 PM
use windows washer version 4.8 full version its on kazaa no need to crack or add a serial
just install, defentley 1 of the best programs

warning avoid Evidence Eliminator this will serioulsy fook your pc up and if you try to crack it eventualy it will take you to a web page telling you that your using an illegal version

and for cyperscrub any 1 got full version i give it a try, hate demo sotware causes more problems than its worth.