PDA

View Full Version : fasting

Basquiat
12-16-2006, 04:34 AM
im just about at my 46 hr mark...nothing but water, but i said fuck it and started slamming beers (dont plan to eat anything till new years) so im getting drunk and decided to ask, has anyone else here gone through a fast? how long and what was your expierience like? and those that havent alike what is your thoughts on the subject?

mr. nails
12-16-2006, 09:11 AM
i think ur retarded for not eating especially for as long as u've did and just drink beer. why would u do that? even the idiots that fast for religious beliefs still eat thru-out the day.

fasting is good for 1 day periods or 12 hour increments for next day doctor visits.

Gripper
12-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Never tried it for that long,I've gone 72 hrs without food when I ha d no money,just drunk lots of water hurt after about 18 hrs then it dies away,felt weak and dizzy after 36 hrs but as long as you can conserve your energy that don't matter.
When I did get some food I started with a small meal as my stomach seemed to have shrunk.
Are you doing it on religious grounds or what?

MCHeshPants420
12-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Sometimes Crabgirl "forgets" to feed me, I can usually go an hour without food before I start hallucinating.

Gripper
12-16-2006, 11:14 AM
:lol: I wanna know what you'd done to upset her yesterday,she was threataning all sorts of evil on ya.

CrabGirl
12-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Sometimes Crabgirl "forgets" to feed me, I can usually go an hour without food before I start hallucinating.

Yeh, alright Mr With-Two Dinners-Chicken for Breakfast-Cheese.

Actually I dont care. He's bringing me food today so I'm happy!:happy:

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2006, 12:12 PM
ive lost five stone in a very short time, not exactly fasting though - more like eating very little and over exercising until everything turns red at random intervals and you get dizzy :smilie4:

CrabGirl
12-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Nice one, I think.

Did you need to loose 5 stone, or are you now skeletal?

I've lost a stone in the last month. :happy:

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2006, 12:16 PM
hawt :smilie4:

dunno, was 15 stone and are now 10 stone, might stop at 9 or something :unsure:

CrabGirl
12-16-2006, 12:22 PM
hawt :smilie4:

dunno, was 15 stone and are now 10 stone, might stop at 9 or something :unsure:

How tall are you?

Nine stone is dead skinny for a bloke, unless your'e a munchkin like me, except I'm not a bloke. :ermm:

manker
12-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Fucking hell, Mulder, you must have been almost as fat as Bo.

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2006, 12:25 PM
dunno lol, not short, maybe just above average hight given everyone else's hight at work :ermm:

*unless its a trick and the shop is a front for a dwarf terrorist cell :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Fucking hell, Mulder, you must have been almost as fat as Bo.
:lol: :emo:

CrabGirl
12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Mate, watch yourself there. The lasses don't like em too skinny, and it's not heathy or good for your body to starve it for extended periods of time. Hope you're eating your greens!

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Mate, watch yourself there. The lasses don't like em too skinny, and it's not heathy or good for your body to starve it for extended periods of time. Hope you're eating your greens!
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/HPM/HM36~Drugs-Are-Bad-Posters.jpg

Virtualbody1234
12-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Nice one, I think.

Did you need to loose 5 stone, or are you now skeletal?

I've lost a stone in the last month. :happy:
I've heard that drinking lots of water is the remedy for stones.

Fortunately, surgery is not usually necessary. Most kidney stones can pass through the urinary system with plenty of water (2 to 3 quarts a day) to help move the stone along. Often, you can stay home during this process, drinking fluids and taking pain medication as needed. The doctor usually asks you to save the passed stone(s) for testing. (You can catch it in a cup or tea strainer used only for this purpose.)
Source: http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/stonesadults/index.htm#howa

:whistling

GepperRankins
12-16-2006, 04:16 PM
i've heard that if you starve yourself then try and feast you repeatedly explode like one of the flying things on half life 2

Alien5
12-16-2006, 05:04 PM
fisting?

MagicNakor
12-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Not eating any food whatsoever until New Year's is definitely not healthy. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode and then overload it with calories.

:shuriken: