PDA

View Full Version : Converting MPEGs to xvid

grchl3
12-16-2006, 05:19 PM
What's the easiest/fastest way to convert mpegs to xvid? What programs would you guys recommend - preferably open source software.

Thanks for your help

killuminati96
12-16-2006, 10:01 PM
I suppose VirtualDub could do it but it would be a lot easier using Total Video Converter.

grchl3
12-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your help. I'll check out Total Video Converter. Do I have to worry about the audio & video not being in sync after the conversion or does Total Video Converter take care of that? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to video & I get a brain freeze when I take a look at all of VirtualDub's options. I know its a great program, its just a bit out of my league.

killuminati96
12-17-2006, 03:51 AM
Thanks for your help. I'll check out Total Video Converter. Do I have to worry about the audio & video not being in sync after the conversion or does Total Video Converter take care of that? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to video & I get a brain freeze when I take a look at all of VirtualDub's options. I know its a great program, its just a bit out of my league.

Sinse I started using Total Video Converter about 9 out of 10 videos have been synced. I guess it depends on the settings you got it on and how fast your processor is. The size of the video might also matter. I have been encoding music videos into DivX and other formats without really any problems. I love this program!

grchl3
12-17-2006, 04:30 PM
That sounds great. This is exactly the type of program I was hoping to find. I was afraid I'd have to tinker with a dozen settings to output video that was half way playable. But Total Video Converter sounds like just the cure for my video phobia! Thanks very much.