PDA

View Full Version : Attn Bitsoup Meods Help Needed For Current Member

vidfreak
12-17-2006, 05:08 AM
i am a full member of bitsoup with a power user rating but i had to do a complete reinstall of my o/s and now i cant log into bitsoup.
i have gone through the reset password procedure and i get the first email asking me to click the link to confirm that i have asked to have my password reset. when i click on this i goto the webpage saying that my password has been reset and will be emailed to me, however i never receive the email and its been 3 days now and i cant contact anyone from bitsoup as you need to login to use the contact options.

if any moderators read this then please post and help me out as i have been a member for ages and i dont want to lose my rating.

many thanx
vid

Alien5
12-17-2006, 06:50 AM
did you check the spam folder? are you sure?

General2k
12-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Actually the EXACT same thing happened to me. I got a new SATA drive and it came time to do a reinstall of XP, just to keep things clean and everything. Now I can no longer log into BitSoup. Try the recovery and it doesnt work either.

blues_blues
12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
same problem here although i'm a power user there i can't log nomore and i have the same problem with the password reset ... what can i do ... plz help ....

General2k
12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
The only thing we can do is hope someone here is a mod, try get on their irc channel if they have one, or signup for a new account and hope they dont tag it as a dupe account.

FFh
12-17-2006, 06:54 PM
do the signup once again, and for 2nd time be covered, write your pass somwhere so that u could easily write it, if u can not rember it by heart.

vidfreak
12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
i tried signin up again but it wont let me as it says my ip address is already registered

General2k
12-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Finally got the password recovery to work. Im not going to be using hotmail anymore. POS service.
Maybe BitSoup was having a glitch at the time? Sometimes the pages wont load for me and I have to refresh them. Great site though.