PDA

View Full Version : No more FREE TL invites...

delimare
12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
As a VIP I would receive 6 free TL invites every week. Being the kind soul that I am I thought it would be nice to hand them out freely to get the new peers started on what I think is a pretty good site.

Sadly enough though the 5 out of the 6 people I invited this past weekend were all caught cheating within a few hours of accepting my invites and signing up. I am fairly certain that I've invited cheaters in the past due to my loose invite giving but I never received a warning because of it. It would seem that the Admins at TL are a bit more strict now and I don't blame them. It is, in fact, my own fault.

This topic may seem pointless but I'm just throwing a heads up out there to all the people that give out TL invites, I know there are many as I see the threads all the time in the forum here. If the Admins truly are cracking down on bad invites and the people who give them, then I applaud them, it just means that the inviter needs to throw a bit more caution out there when inviting.

To all the cheaters out there.... I hope you rot in hell!!! :angry:

Also, this just goes to show what cheating does, it's a perfect example. You WILL get caught and then banned. Not only that, you taint the community and ruin chances for other, more trusted peers, to get in easily. Although if you're a cheater you could probably care less about any of this.

Coldo
12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
God forgive them
some of PPl that i invites them were cheater and some of what i traded with them were cheaters too and put me in a bad situations with some PPL that i traded with them before.

showbox
12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
sorry 2 hear that :( ..... but i think u must take SS of ratio :) and we maybe make a Topic here ... about cheaters ... and ban them from here :)

nodzv
12-18-2006, 01:17 PM
well the fault is of the sysadmins,
they didnt warned you after the first cheater u invited
if u had then a warning i think u wouldnt have given invites for free anymore
even in the FAQ's they say u will get a warning first ... but no ... the Rules and FAQ are for the smal users to be respected not for the sysops/admin/mods... :))
they are just stupid ... but thats only my opinion, it reminds me of the times i have spend on irc :) @+ some years ago

delimare
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
well the fault is of the sysadmins,

I see the logic behind that but I still take the blame. I became to careless and comfortable in my inviting. It finally caught up to me and bit me in the ass. They have a pretty big community to keep track of there, I can't expect them to slap me on the wrist every time I do a naughty thing. This last incident was probably the straw that broke the camel's back resulting in the warning. Fair enough though, I still have the account and I'm grateful.

100%
12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
You give
and they rip out your throat

Coldo
12-18-2006, 01:33 PM
You give
and they rip out your throat
right.

deuce6000
12-18-2006, 01:35 PM
5 out of 6 is pretty crazy have the cheaters targeted this place to get invites or what.

direstraits
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
sorry 2 hear that :( ..... but i think u must take SS of ratio :) and we maybe make a Topic here ... about cheaters ... and ban them from here :)

i agree with captinmasr,,, you must put here their email/nick, fst admins will get their ass' out of every tracker they are in...
im really sorry for what happened to you... :(
afortunatelly, i've invited lot of people, no cheaters till now... :rolleyes:
greets

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2006, 02:02 PM
If u invited people from this forum & they cheated I think you should publish their nicks....
cheaters r not welcome here !

man2069us
12-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah ... this is simply intolerable ... if we could have a sticky to list cheaters and get them banned from here it would solve a lot of problems ... i too have given dozens of invites for free here with 3 TL just yesday ... and i dont even have the privilege to be a vip or donor on any of them ... fst is perhaps the most credible place on the internet for trading and giving away tracker invites and it wud be a pity if a few rotten apples spoilt that

bunny67
12-18-2006, 02:19 PM
the same happen to me n they disabled my account thru lots of creeping from me n a few members helping out i got my account bak but i have a 8 week warning they are getting very strict

reachnet
12-18-2006, 05:42 PM
FWIW - I was one of the lucky ones delimare gave an invite to.
I'm the 1/6 who hasn't cheated - honest - I've not torrented anything yet !
To delimare - all I can say is thanks for the invite m8.
It's tough to know who's genuine and who isn't.
Suppose one thing you could do in the future (as others have) is ask for previous ratio proofs beforehand.

r

RainRoofer
12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Screens are not reliable, aks them for a username at some tracker and check them out.That's my fav of free giving.

gatorade
12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
publish their nicks here please for everyone's sake

we should try and figure out how would we setup a cheater's list, how would we keep track and have the proof that they actually cheated, etc

Nemesis®
12-19-2006, 12:21 AM
cheaters are so lame everyone wants to be king of their so called virtual hill but they don't want to put any effort in, so why do it at all. it would be like playing a game but in full god mode, pfff why bother playing it at all. It's not like the files aren't available anywhere else, if you must have it for free with no effort then go buy it or download it from 1 of the thousands of bots on irc or any other of the freely available places.

Anyway yes we should track them so others can be a step ahead of the scammers, cheaters etc. Why should the good people of freebies or trades pay for those who are only out for themselves.

I agree with Corey screenies aren't worthy as a yes or no they are only good for a first step. Checking the users name on the site against their true info is better. I personally won't show my user-name outside of a PM to protect myself and the trader/giver from possible ban. I understand why some say NO PM etc but for everyones protection more info should stay in PM only.

It's a pain to have to check into every person you give invites to but to prevent your good deed from biting you in the butt it's a needed step. Hopefully the more info on lamers we have here at FST the easier it will be for future give aways/trades because the sites are going to be more strict with every passing day.

maverick_andy
12-19-2006, 02:16 AM
God forgive them?? Nope. They need to punish them