PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Drivers

scott_pd
12-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I am not sure if this goes in hardware or software, being as I need software for hardware components. Anyway, recently I had computer trouble, and since it was fixed the graphics on my computer have been dodgy at best, with nothing being able to run at full screen and everything that moves being jumpy.

Well, after trying to install a game and it saying it was unable to initialize 3D output, I realised I had not updated my drivers. I am using a Nvidia Geforce 6200 128MB graphics card and can not find drivers for it, can anybody help me out here?

Much appreciated if you can.

Skiz
12-18-2006, 02:18 PM
I am not sure if this goes in hardware or software, being as I need software for hardware components. Anyway, recently I had computer trouble, and since it was fixed the graphics on my computer have been dodgy at best, with nothing being able to run at full screen and everything that moves being jumpy.

Well, after trying to install a game and it saying it was unable to initialize 3D output, I realised I had not updated my drivers. I am using a Nvidia Geforce 6200 128MB graphics card and can not find drivers for it, can anybody help me out here?

Much appreciated if you can.

Most NVIDIA drivers are the same:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Go to Graphics Driver > GeForce and TNT2

scott_pd
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I did look there, but because I could not see my card, I did not download anything else.

Skiz
12-18-2006, 02:30 PM
No problem. That's one of the reasons I like NVIDIA over ATI.

I was always irritated by all of the ATI bs that you are required to install.

Hairbautt
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks, I did look there, but because I could not see my card, I did not download anything else.
You can always check the release notes to be sure your nVidia product is supported in the latest release, however you should really always use the drivers that originally come with the product. :dabs: As I've been told...

But as Skizo (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/skizo-89789) said nVidia drivers are compatible for most of their cards (Not sure about old GeForce 2s...)

Virtualbody1234
12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
... you should really always use the drivers that originally come with the product. :dabs: As I've been told...

I disagree with that. Driver improvements made after that point can be quite beneficial.

Skiz
12-18-2006, 03:07 PM
... you should really always use the drivers that originally come with the product. :dabs: As I've been told...

I disagree with that. Driver improvements made after that point can be quite beneficial.

Ditto.

Drivers sometimes require an update just like most software. Often times your disc will only contain "driver 1.0", while the appropriate website may have v2.3 for example.

Hairbautt
12-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I was told from Dell tech...

scott_pd
12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Its of no matter anyway, I do not have the disk with the origional drivers and I can not find the drivers specifically for the 6200, these drviers work fine and I am ok with that.

Virtualbody1234
12-18-2006, 04:22 PM
:lol:

Skiz
12-18-2006, 04:34 PM
:lol:

I thought the same thing, I was just being nice and not posting it. :glag:

Hairbautt
12-18-2006, 05:02 PM
:dry:

Skillz808
12-18-2006, 05:08 PM

LOL i worked for dell for awhile, most of the employees there or techs i should say are very horrible.

I mean Horrible.

I owuld tell some stories but to lazy to type it all out.

NGO drivers are customized Nvidia drivers that (to me and a few other friends i know that use them) work way better then the original nvidia drivers.

Here is a link to the nvidia section of Ngo http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=10

Skiz
12-18-2006, 06:23 PM

LOL i worked for dell for awhile, most of the employees there or techs i should say are very horrible.

I mean Horrible.

NGO drivers are customized Nvidia drivers that (to me and a few other friends i know that use them) work way better then the original nvidia drivers.

Here is a link to the nvidia section of Ngo http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=10

How are they "way better"? Do they unlock hidden treasure maps, games, secret clock speeds, etc.?

Hairbautt
12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
I dunno, kinda sounds 'ify' :unsure: . Although I use custom firmware for my router, which IS better, so I do think its possible. :) I have a 6600GT AGP, any particular select or recommendation?

Skillz808
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I dunno, kinda sounds 'ify' :unsure: . Although I use custom firmware for my router, which IS better, so I do think its possible. :) I have a 6600GT AGP, any particular select or recommendation?

ify because you never heard of it? lol suit yourself. i have worked for many pc companys and messed with many cards in my life. i know what is optimized for my cards and alot of friends agree. your lose if you dont try it like omega drivers use to be really good back in the day for ati.

Oh wait i take that back you get your information from a "DELL TECH" lmao

Skiz
12-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Again, how are they "way better"?

mr. nails
12-19-2006, 06:00 AM

most of the time "those" techs don't know anything about the hardware/software. they are just given a spreadsheet with troubleshooting answers and if it's not on there, well... they guess. those guys get "laid off" all the time.

mr. nails
12-19-2006, 06:05 AM
i worked for dell for awhile...

so did i. what did u do?

Hairbautt
12-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Oh, the quote got messed up yo...^ I never worked for Dell.

Hairbautt
12-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe made for specific cards, better architecture/code er something. :dabs: I kinda wanna try'em, but I dunno too risky. Someone else do it and report back. ;)

Edit: you know, my card came with 77.77 drivers, I updated to 84. w/e and I got blue screens of death. I tend to stick with the original drivers...

Skillz808
12-19-2006, 09:13 PM

for one ngo created more stablility for games that nvidia didnt think was important enough to fix and some of the newer games that nvidia said they fixed but actually wasnt ngo optimized and they took out all the garbage that nvidia added and left the important part. that is how.

@ nails: i was a manufacturing engineer :)

Snee
12-20-2006, 06:25 PM

I mean Horrible.

I usually use ones from here for Nvidia (http://www.tweaksrus.com/). Their ATi-drivers aren't all that great, tho'. Does the NGO-people make good ones for Radeons?

Skillz808
12-20-2006, 09:05 PM

I mean Horrible.

I usually use ones from here for Nvidia (http://www.tweaksrus.com/). Their ATi-drivers aren't all that great, tho'. Does the NGO-people make good ones for Radeons?

I have havent owned a ati card for years now, so i wouldnt know but they do have a forums thier you can check what other users say about thier ati drivers.

Snee
12-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Kk, I'll check it out then, thanks anyways. I'm to sort out someone's 'puter during the holidays, figured I'd get him some better-'n'-standard drivers as a bonus, like.

Skillz808
12-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Kk, I'll check it out then, thanks anyways. I'm to sort out someone's 'puter during the holidays, figured I'd get him some better-'n'-standard drivers as a bonus, like.

oh btw i know omega makes some good ati well when i had ati but a friend of mine currently said he uses omega drivers for ati and they are stable for most of the newer games. google omega ati drivers

Snee
12-22-2006, 01:35 AM
I know about those, didn't seem all that great when I tried them last tbh.

Thanks tho'.

peat moss
12-22-2006, 03:03 AM

Thanks tho'.

I did n't notice a big difference either with the Omega drivers but I'm not a big gamer , just nice to know there are other options .

Skillz808
12-22-2006, 07:02 AM

Thanks tho'.

Yea since i dont use them i dont know but good to know now.