PDA

View Full Version : Packaging query

MagicNakor
12-19-2006, 03:53 AM
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/16/sugarzp5.jpg

One thing that I find rather interesting, despite how dull it may seem, is observing the difference in packaging on goods sold here and across the border. Anyhow, I bought some plantation sugar the other day at the grocery store, and was wondering if the same packaging would be used in the States.

:shuriken:

j2k4
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM

One thing that I find rather interesting, despite how dull it may seem, is observing the difference in packaging on goods sold here and across the border. Anyhow, I bought some plantation sugar the other day at the grocery store, and was wondering if the same packaging would be used in the States.

I'm sure it could be legally proven to be racist in the U.S.

Busyman™
12-19-2006, 10:58 PM

No. When making any packaging, there needs to be a marketing research and that picture would be poor marketing.

Know your audience.

If cotton balls were sold with the same picture and called Plantation Cotton, it'd the same difference.

manker
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM

Sooooo, MN, you found another job yet or what.

j2k4
12-19-2006, 11:34 PM

No. When making any packaging, there needs to be a marketing research and that picture would be poor marketing.

Know your audience.

I'll avoid the obvious question. :whistling

Busyman™
12-20-2006, 12:15 AM

Know your audience.

Maybe you don't know this but usually when you do that, I'm just thinking, "Okay, whateverthefuck:idunno:".

j2k4
12-20-2006, 01:10 AM

Maybe you don't know this but usually when you do that, I'm just thinking, "Okay, whateverthefuck:idunno:".

Which, translated, means, "I can't figure out how to respond, given the corner I painted myself into earlier."

Don't worry, that's fine

Even I wouldn't know what to do if ever I were hoist on several petards at once. ;)

Busyman™
12-20-2006, 02:49 AM

Which, translated, means, "I can't figure out how to respond, given the corner I painted myself into earlier."

Don't worry, that's fine

Even I wouldn't know what to do if ever I were hoist on several petards at once. ;)

1. I don't need to figure out how to respond? You act as if I'm obliged.

2. What corner?:unsure:

3. Even you? I really don't have you at any high-standard.

You're like the butt fucking ugly girl that also wears polka dot pants with a striped shirt and thinks she's the cutest thing in the world.

"You go, girl":dabs:

Honestly, when you say obvious question without saying it....it's really "whateverthefuck" and don't care if you ever mention it.

You may as well had said. "High, migh nayme is James Kevin. I own a manchun an a yaut."

j2k4
12-20-2006, 03:00 AM

Don't worry, that's fine

You're like the butt fucking ugly girl that also wears polka dot pants with a striped shirt and thinks she's the cutest thing in the world.

Honestly, when you say obvious question without saying it....it's really "whateverthefuck" and don't care if you ever mention it.

You may as well had said. "High, migh nayme is James Kevin. I own a manchun an a yaut."

So you still spill more cyber-ink replying than I did posting.

How 'bout that. :dabs:

Busyman™
12-20-2006, 03:06 AM

So you still spill more cyber-ink replying than I did posting.

How 'bout that. :dabs:

Yeah.

Maybe cuz I posted triple your words that means I'm still wondering and I am flummoxed.:lol:

Ava Estelle
12-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Why do I get the feeling j2 would love to call busyman a nigger?

You talk down to him as though he were several levels below you on the social and intellectual scale. I guess your defence would be that you act the same with everyone.

GepperRankins
12-20-2006, 05:10 AM
the word "plantation" really has that much of a stigma? :dabs:

thewizeard
12-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I only ever buy White sugar!

Busyman
12-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I only ever buy White sugar!

What's wrong with brown sugar, ya racist?:lol:

lynx
12-20-2006, 03:54 PM