PDA

View Full Version : Dark Divx

Serus
05-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Lately I have been getting a lot of dvd rips or divx movies that are extreamly dark. Some times so dark I can I might as well have my monitor unplugged....whats up with that??

Real Player has a contrast adjustment feature but u have to pay for it and WMP does not do a very good job of brightening it up plus you must set it everytime for each movie :angry:

Is this due to my codecs or media players? or is it the fault of the person who made the divx?

Is there anything I can do to lighten it up like recode it or somthing...anything?

What media players do peeps use?

thegroggman
05-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Hmm if the film is dark than thats the due to the person who made it. It shouldnt have anything to do with your codecs. Personally whenever I get films that are too dark I use WMP to brighten them, sure its a hassle doing it for every film but its better than nothing. Oh and to play films I use WMP, Vidomi, and if a video file is real stubborn then I throw it in Choicecaster. Itll play anything. AND I mean anything. ;)

Serus
05-17-2003, 05:58 AM
:huh: hmm...Choicecaster

Never heard of it, I'll take a look.

thegroggman
05-17-2003, 06:03 AM
Yeah, actually I dont think there has been a new incarnation of Choicecaster for years now. I dont know why though cuz it was such a great media player. With that in mind you're probably going to have to look pretty hard to find it. I downloaded my copy about 3 years ago. And already then it was debunked. Oh one cool feature ya know all those video files that you just cant fastforward through ::::cough::::.asf:::::cough
yeah it fast forwards through those like a pro.

Serus
05-17-2003, 06:06 AM
heh...asf :-"

thegroggman
05-17-2003, 06:08 AM
HEY MAN&#33; You making fun of asf&#33; That stuff is state of the ar....oh wait <_<

Serus
05-17-2003, 06:14 AM
well you were right....I just went through like 30 dead download links. I decided to stop when I saw the date on this article :lol:

http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/427171

thegroggman
05-17-2003, 06:27 AM
LOL...yeah that sounds just about right. Well since Im such a nice guy I zipped up the program and put it up here (http://www.angelfire.com/alt/mecha0/)

Enjoy&#33; :D

Serus
05-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Damn u r such a nice guy
I would hate to see u when ur angry :lol:

thegroggman
05-17-2003, 07:03 AM
...You wouldnt like me when Im angry... GROGGMAN SMASH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;