PDA

View Full Version : Bad Files

BONES
05-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Is there anything that can be done about files that are intentionally misnamed so you download the wrong file and waste all that time to get something you already have, specifically, tv show episodes???

DogBrush
05-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Fortunately, this is the kind of thing sig2dat helps out with - if you can find a listing on a website (cough click www button below my sig ;) ) or a forum with hashlinks then that's your quickest and easiest option!

If the file is relatively new & nobody has verified any sources yet, I usually check the filenames of multiple sources just to make sure they all match up the with the descriptions. Failing that, there is always avipreview which usually prevents 95% of wasted downloads! (HTH)

This is my first post here btw so Hi everybody! :D

BONES
05-17-2003, 08:46 AM
How do you verify sources? Because, the only reason I don't get my files from there is because they are the smaller, lower quality files. The bigger, higher quality files have not been verified

gaun
05-17-2003, 08:51 AM
use avipreview to view the dat files in ure shared folder

DogBrush
05-17-2003, 08:54 AM
Files are verified in the respect that they are real full copies with adequate audio & visual quality (and we have personally checked each one!). Unfortunately, a lot of TV series rips are extremely rare on the fasttrack network so we still index them even if they are less than dvd-quality (this wasn't meant to be an advert for my site by the way - there are lots of verified sig2dat sources, you have to make your own choices depending on what you are looking for! :) to be fair though, I'd say 90% of the TV series links we index are extremely watchable!)