PDA

View Full Version : Half-life 2

kassinopious
05-17-2003, 08:51 AM
How good does this game look??? i saw the screenies n had to pick my jaw up off the floor

hopefully by the time its released ill have the money to upgrade my puter to be able to play it lol, am gonna need another 256 ram at least and extra 500mhz on my processor :|:| will be worth it though

Screenshots!!!! - Make sure your mouth isnt above any hard surfaces... (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halflife2pc/screenshots.shtml)

enjoi!!

-KasS

Icey
05-17-2003, 10:15 AM
wow, look good.. graphics seemed to improved alot

Fluffy_Bunny
05-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Yeah, if you've got the latest edition of PC Gamer, Half Life is the cover story. Looks awesome. I'll definately buy that one!

RedRival
05-17-2003, 03:15 PM
All I ever done was play the mods for half-life, never did I play the actual game itself. It was released ages ago when I was like 12 or sumthing and this game would've freaked me out, you know monsters popping out from doors, vents, you name it. WHen I got older, I started playing CS and I still am now but haven't got down to playing the original.

Looked at the screenshot, I must admit that is nice graphics, but thing is HL 2 is gonna be like it's predessor, being a FPS. So that's probably like cutscenes and not the actual game itself...unless the HL crew added third-person shooter mode along with the new release. :lol:

judgeofallandnothing
05-17-2003, 06:23 PM
I just hope we're not going to be in Black Mesa again..lol

Bowen747x
05-17-2003, 08:36 PM
first, those graphics r madd sick!
secondly, those screenshots r not of the game YET, ie its not like its a cutscene OR gameplay, those r drawings of what it will bcome. the game is prob still in major development and they wouldnt b that far yet, thirdly, hl was nvr and will nvr b a third person shooter
also, hl has NO cutscenes so thats (hopefully) exactly how the game will look
and lastly, y wouldnt u wanna b back in black mesa? im sure it will b due 2 thats where the expiraments r at and u still work 4 ur boss at black mesa tho i could b wrong

tho the pics r just concepts, its still goin 2 b a madd hot game

nc123
05-17-2003, 08:41 PM
lol RedRival -- U gotta try the original Half Life-- Top game but those pics are superb. Thanks.

Skillian
05-17-2003, 08:51 PM
If anyone has BitTorrent you can download footage from Half Life 2 from the E3 show recently from www.torrentse.cx - now that really is some amazing stuff.

judgeofallandnothing
05-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bowen747x@17 May 2003 - 20:36
first, those graphics r madd sick!
secondly, those screenshots r not of the game YET, ie its not like its a cutscene OR gameplay, those r drawings of what it will bcome. the game is prob still in major development and they wouldnt b that far yet, thirdly, hl was nvr and will nvr b a third person shooter
also, hl has NO cutscenes so thats (hopefully) exactly how the game will look
and lastly, y wouldnt u wanna b back in black mesa? im sure it will b due 2 thats where the expiraments r at and u still work 4 ur boss at black mesa tho i could b wrong

tho the pics r just concepts, its still goin 2 b a madd hot game
well some of the reason i dont wnat it to be in black mesa is

1. There has already been 3 games where we have been in there
2. I would like to go somewhere else beside that facility

Schmiggy_JK23
05-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@17 May 2003 - 10:15
Looked at the screenshot, I must admit that is nice graphics, but thing is HL 2 is gonna be like it's predessor, being a FPS. So that's probably like cutscenes and not the actual game itself...unless the HL crew added third-person shooter mode along with the new release. :lol:
Red, those are pure in game screen shots... there are no cut scenes in hl2, just as its predecsssor had none... all cuts, or scripted sequences, take place within the game engine... so those are what it looks like when u play...

i have 350 megs of hl2 video from e3... check out our thread, and it looks absolutely phenomenal btw....

e3 game news, and video thread (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=33896&st=15)

streesk8inflynn
05-31-2003, 06:49 PM
I think I'm one of the only ones sharing the massive Half-Life2 gameplay footage. I have a subscription to FilePlanet and I put it into My Shared Folder. On K-Lite search for Half-Life 2 Massive Gameplay Video, 600 mb of 25-minute in-game footage.

edim
05-31-2003, 07:20 PM
hmm fileplanet uh? hehe.. just started my download. Should be done in about half and hour :lol: I'll share it exclusively for a week and get it out there. expect a sig within an hour :ph34r:

phatomile
05-31-2003, 09:13 PM
OMG! look at those polys! Just beautiful.

edim
05-31-2003, 09:23 PM
if anyone wants the sig, I posted it here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=39420&st=0#entry274006)

I love my T1 connection :D

StrikeNinja
05-31-2003, 10:46 PM
Meh i'm not crazy bout half life.......all I like is cs tfc and dod......

edim
05-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by StrikeNinja@31 May 2003 - 14:46
Meh i'm not crazy bout half life.......all I like is cs tfc and dod......
if you watch that trailer you'll be eating your words.. :D

this game looks insane! ..and im totally bored of pretty much all games these days hahaha

Pitbul
06-01-2003, 02:10 AM
HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!! i just watch the Half Life 2 trailer the long one. OMG :o i was speechless. if that is the future in first person shooters i cant wait till the next gen consoles come out in 2005/06. and even when the FPS for PC come out then. the water looks real enough to touch. i wonder how many CD's or gig's this game is gonna be. i would be suprized if its under 5 gig's

GimpyDoodlyDoo
06-01-2003, 06:16 AM
all cuts, or scripted sequences, take place within the game engine... so those are what it looks like when u play...
Uh, no scripted sequences either. All AI controlled