PDA

View Full Version : Any Writers Here?

Luca_Snipes
05-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Anyone here write novels/poems/comics etc?

I've been slowly working on several small novels and storylines for 8 or so years, never had anything published though, as I’ve never managed to finish anything. :(

Now I have time though - I'm hoping to get a fairly major storyline finished along with character development sometime this / next month and then finish working on it over the summer / autumn

Curley
05-17-2003, 02:44 PM
When I was in my late teens I did attempt to write a book. I wrote about 2 chapters but gave up them. I did it all wrong, didn't do enough research etc.

Luca_Snipes, you got any examples you could show us?

Luca_Snipes
05-17-2003, 04:00 PM
I havn't got any samples online at the moment - but in the next couple of days some of my work will be placed on my website at www.mikeleadley.co.uk (http://www.mikeleadley.co.uk)

Ad
05-18-2003, 12:57 PM
im currently working on a few sripts myself hard to think of ideas

Skweeky
05-18-2003, 03:04 PM
I write poems every now and then, and I write my own lyrics....
I also attempted several times to start on a book, but it always ended up in a shortstory, mainly because of the lack of time.

tianup
05-20-2003, 07:23 PM
I started off with poetry, combined it with music and got into songwriting, and in the last couple of years, I'v also started three novels and two screenplays. I have quite a few finished pieces of poetry (unpublished except for two that were published in poetry quarterly's when I was younger), over 300 finished songs (words and music - many have been and are currently being recorded and should be released shortly), a number of short stories, and am currently continuing work on two of the novels and both screenplays when I can find the time.

longterm
05-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Yep. I wear the all too common "unpublished" upon my cap, which sucks :( , but I enjoy writing songs-poetry-short stories-comedy skits.
As far as novels go, only outlines and ideas.
Which means, basically, squat. <_<

Anyone have tips for publishers willing to roll the dice on first books? B)
Books on poetry, which are not "self-financed"? :o

I wish you loads of persistence and a knack for the right thing to say to publishers. :D

Any specific questions, or are you just trying to estimate the number of writers logging on to this site? B)

Evil Fish
05-21-2003, 02:13 AM
I wrote a couple of short stories and poems which I&#39;ve had published in a couple of different places (newspapers, magazines etc...)

mortiis25
05-21-2003, 09:36 PM
I am a writer myself, have been so for about 13 years now, never had a bloody thing published
I think because of where I live in the world, and I can not afford a publisher/editor/agent.

Anyone is interested? I write graphic horror fiction and fantasy mainly, but I have been
known to dwell into other territories also.

Cheers all,
Scott

X