PDA

View Full Version : My Front Door...

clocker
12-22-2006, 02:32 AM
...is blocked with snow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/Snow.jpg
Drifts over 8 feet.
Denver is shut down.

No longer dreaming of a white Christmas.

Snee
12-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Living the dream already, eh?

j2k4
12-22-2006, 02:35 AM

'Cuz of all the snow, huh? :dabs:

Snee
12-22-2006, 02:38 AM
maybe he can't sleep :unsure:

clocker
12-22-2006, 02:39 AM
'Cuz of all the snow, huh?
Pretty much, yeah.

Good excuse to stay home and get shitfaced.

Snee
12-22-2006, 02:40 AM
I bet it's 'cos you've got a bad conscience.

clocker
12-22-2006, 02:43 AM
That and the fucking snow.

internet.news
12-22-2006, 02:44 AM
snee dabs'd this thread ftw :01: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5374/sneekw7.gif

Virtualbody1234
12-22-2006, 02:44 AM
:O

Unbelievable! We still have next to no snow here. :(

clocker
12-22-2006, 02:54 AM
God is punishing Canadians.

Virtualbody1234
12-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Maybe he's punishing you.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-22-2006, 03:04 AM
I moved north to get some snow, and dammit, all I've gotten so far is a bunch of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans.

Buffalo
12-22-2006, 03:04 AM
...is blocked with snow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/Snow.jpg
Drifts over 8 feet.
Denver is shut down.

That's quite a lot of snow mate, wow, is it normally as bad as that

Just had a look on some cams......
http://www.denvergov.org/TRAFFIC/

j2k4
12-22-2006, 03:12 AM
'Cuz of all the snow, huh?
Pretty much, yeah.

Good excuse to stay home and get shitfaced.

Keep a towel handy, then.

clocker
12-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Here's...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/snow1.jpg
...a non-traffic cam shot.
Apparently the main roads are getting plowed but it'll take a day or so before I can get to a main road.
My poor new car (well, new to me) is stranded at the shop.

Winter wonderland, my ass.

Buffalo
12-22-2006, 03:17 AM
That's well bad, The only time i've seen snow like that in the uk was in 1982, we got cut off from other towns for a week, food was running out, and things got quite bad.

Buffalo
12-22-2006, 03:27 AM
This was all the snow we had last crimbo and it lasted all of one day lol
http://www.sheringhamsurf.com/myspace/snow05.jpg

j2k4
12-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Here's...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/snow1.jpg
...a non-traffic cam shot.
Apparently the main roads are getting plowed but it'll take a day or so before I can get to a main road.
My poor new car (well, new to me) is stranded at the shop.

Winter wonderland, my ass.

Before Al Gore invented global warming, we'd get a snow like that at least once a week.

The winter of '95, we had over 400 inches of snow, and the temperature didn't get above 0 F from the end of November until the middle of February.

For the middle month of that period it didn't get above -25 F.

The next year it wasn't quite as cold, but we had 430 inches of snow, and we had snow on the ground from September through the following May, just shy of 9 months.

Since El Nino in '97, and La Nina in '98, winter here hasn't been shit; barely 200 inches last year.

Buffalo
12-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Interesting stuff, I just had a look at http://www.climatecrisis.net/
will see if i can get a copy of the dvd, I don't know who Al Gore is.

MagicNakor
12-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Plenty of snow here. :P But I haven't been able to make snow tunnels for years. Lucky bastard.

:shuriken:

S!X
12-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Plenty of snow here. :P But I haven't been able to make snow tunnels for years. Lucky bastard.

Aint got shit besides rain and wind here in surrey :dry:

JordoR
12-22-2006, 07:37 AM

Aint got shit besides rain and wind here in surrey :dry:Too much fucking rain these days and the power outages last week were ridiculous.

S!X
12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Aint got shit besides rain and wind here in surrey :dry:Too much fucking rain these days and the power outages last week were ridiculous.

My power never went out :P

clocker
12-22-2006, 01:01 PM
The winter of '95, we had over 400 inches of snow, and the temperature didn't get above 0 F from the end of November until the middle of February.

For the middle month of that period it didn't get above -25 F.

The next year it wasn't quite as cold, but we had 430 inches of snow, and we had snow on the ground from September through the following May, just shy of 9 months.

Which begs the question- why would a body choose to live in such a clime?
No wonder alcoholism and suicide are the two biggest sports up there.
Add in the plethora of snowmobiles and you have the perfect recipe for Darwinian birth control.

The childlike joy afforded by the snow tunnel was brief and transitory compared to the near coronary and aching back the rest of the job induced.

"Lucky bastard", indeed.

backlash
12-22-2006, 01:17 PM
OMG. That's scary, clocker! Thank God you got a path out of the house, at least!

clocker
12-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Oh yes, the path is quite useful.
Say for instance, I wanted to walk ten feet from my front door and then freeze to death in a virgin snowfield- that path would be the way to go.

Virtualbody1234
12-22-2006, 02:02 PM
The childlike joy afforded by the snow tunnel was brief and transitory compared to the near coronary and aching back the rest of the job induced.

"Lucky bastard", indeed.

See what I mean about him punishing you. :lol:

Snee
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
snee dabs'd this thread ftw :01: http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5374/sneekw7.gif

Early morning posting wins :dabs:

Shame about clocker's sleeping disorder, tho'.

And too bad he's not sixty years younger, 'cos he'd have loved the snow if he was still in skewl :happy:

Everose
12-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Say for instance, I wanted to walk ten feet from my front door and then freeze to death in a virgin snowfield- that path would be the way to go.

:lol:

Hope you make it through this, Clocker. Sorry about the stranded beloved 'new car.'

I heard on the news yesterday AM that your mayor thought it would be great fun to hold giant 'sledding' parties in four of your area parks. He mentioned that hot chocolate could be provided.

I bet his employees love him. ;)

clocker
12-22-2006, 03:05 PM
I heard on the news yesterday AM that your mayor thought it would be great fun to hold giant 'sledding' parties in four of your area parks. He mentioned that hot chocolate could be provided.

I would prefer that anything "hot" be applied to the roads- let the revelers supply their own refreshment.
It might be fun though to attend a giant sledding party.
Let's see...if I start shoveling now I could probably make the 11 mile journey to the nearest park by oh say, um, March.

Bet there wouldn't be any damn hot cocao left by then, which would be somewhat of a pisser.

backlash
12-22-2006, 03:36 PM

LMAO! Do you have any kids who would enjoy a frolic in the snow or are you a kid at heart that wants a romp in the snow? ;) hehe

Virtualbody1234
12-22-2006, 06:44 PM
I can assure you that when we get lots of snow like that, it doesn't take long before roads are cleared enough to get around. Half a day at most!

We're used to it. :01:

MagicNakor
12-22-2006, 07:07 PM
'Cept that one time, with the army...

Virtualbody1234
12-22-2006, 07:09 PM

When was that?

MagicNakor
12-22-2006, 07:11 PM

Take a couple flasks of brandy with you. You'll not feel a thing. :angel1:

MagicNakor
12-22-2006, 07:12 PM

When was that?

Virtualbody1234
12-22-2006, 07:22 PM
When was that?

That was Toronto. :rolleyes:

tesco
12-22-2006, 08:43 PM
:O

Unbelievable! We still have next to no snow here. :(
just rain. :( :pinch:

thewizeard
12-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Looks great clocker, nice photo :) ...just send the bill to FST admin...it's their fault...

SaveFerris
12-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Man that's cool, I wish England was more like that. :cry:

DanB
12-22-2006, 09:38 PM
England just has freeezing fog.

My weather (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2336)

Everose
12-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Clocker, I just finished shoveling around six inches of snow off my sidewalks and front porch. I have not had to shovel snow for a few years.

While it was invigorating.......it was also hard work.

I think that if I had as much snow to deal with as you did, I may have had to wait until someone needed me at work and came and shoveled me out.:unsure:

clocker
12-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Half a day at most!
...We're used to it. :01:
Well, we're not.
A storm like this hits about once every 4-5 years.
The rest of the time we save our snowfall for when the Broncos are on Monday Night Football- the ski areas get orgasmic when it looks like a winter paradise on national TV.

The big problem now is trying to move stranded cars out of the snow plow's way...this was a very fast snow dump and no vehicle was really very useful by Wed. afternoon so lots of cars got stuck during afternoon rush hour.

It was modestly amusing to see all the Navigators, Escallades and other pretend SUVs in ditches and medians...I even saw a HumVee on it's side.

I finally got the Mazda dug out and safely home just an hour or so ago.
Now I don't have to worry about some out of control redneck in his rusted out Bronco sideswiping it while he tries (and probably succeeds) to impress his toothless girlfriend.

Meh.

Phoenix looks mighty good about now.

backlash
12-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Half a day at most!
...We're used to it. :01:
Well, we're not.
It was modestly amusing to see all the Navigators, Escallades and other pretend SUVs in ditches and medians...I even saw a HumVee on it's side.

I finally got the Mazda dug out and safely home just an hour or so ago.
Now I don't have to worry about some out of control redneck in his rusted out Bronco sideswiping it while he tries (and probably succeeds) to impress his toothless girlfriend.

Meh.

Phoenix looks mighty good about now.

lol

That's my biggest fear in bad weather - having the car parked in the street and some person just skidding right into it. Best place is your garage or driveway, but that's not always an option. :dabs:

MotoR6
12-23-2006, 12:28 AM

Funny shit... haha

Thanks for NOT posting pics of "your backdoor" .. ha ha nooo, ok I'll go back to the corner now