PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Movie VS Spiderman 3

stephend
12-22-2006, 02:42 AM
hey guys

I just thought of something and wanted to know your opinion on it.Which movie do you think will win at the box office out of the 2 major movie releases coming out in 2007.
Both films are very well directed and hyped up but i just wanted to know who do you think.

TRANSFORMERS

or

SPIDERMAN 3

grchl3
12-22-2006, 03:49 AM
Man, this is a tough one to answer. I really want to see both films. But if I had to choose I'd go with Transformers, because I've at least gotten the chance to see the last two Spiderman movies but I have never seen a live action/CG adaptation of the Transformers. Since the Transformers has taken this long to hit the big screen I'd say it would have the larger initial draw (although it would be so cool to see Venom make his box office debut). Now its probably also true that it would be easier for the movie studios to screw up the Transformers movie than Spiderman 3, since in the case of Spiderman they know what works and at worst they would just follow the same formula that's proven successful in the past two movies. In fact its almost too easy for them to mess with the original storyline of the Transformers and literally "transform" it into something we couldn't even recognize, which would no doubt lead to the movie tanking. Here's hoping we don't get subjected to any cruel and unusual punishment of that sort.

mr. nails
12-22-2006, 05:59 AM
all the little kids and women will go and watch spiderman. all the more mature boys and older guys will go and watch transformers. let's just say both are equally great films. just by what i have said spiderman will draw in more money. there are more children than adults and of course children have more time. as for myself, i'll be watching both as i'm sure most will, but to answer the question alloted for myself i'd put "my" money into transformers over spiderman if i were to choose between the two. pftt, who wouldn't want huge transforming robots destroying shit over some guy that spins webs and his love story?

Snee
12-22-2006, 05:24 PM
One is based on a comic book character, and the other is based on a line of toys/cartoons/comics.

Maturity really doesn't come into it, not while looking at their respective origins anyhow.

And I'm really not optimistic about Transformers, seeing as it's directed by the genious behind such greatness as "Pearl Harbour". And, oh yeah, Bumble-bee is a Mustang, Optimus has a funky paintjob, the concept sketches of Megatron looks like one of the bad guys in "Titan A.E.", and he doesn't turn into a gun since that "wouldn't be realistic" (it's a movie about robots from outer space ffs).

TBH, I'm hoping "Transformers" will be good, but I'm pretty much expecting something akin to an "Episode One".

"Spiderman 3" will prolly just be another tired attempt at making money tho', without adding anything new, so it's a gamble.

TYPE R
12-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Spiderman3

NeoTheOne
12-23-2006, 01:11 AM
hey guys

I just thought of something and wanted to know your opinion on it.Which movie do you think will win at the box office out of the 2 major movie releases coming out in 2007.
Both films are very well directed and hyped up but i just wanted to know who do you think.

TRANSFORMERS

or

SPIDERMAN 3

Stephen , if i had to choose i would go to see Transformers because i want to see how they did the SFX , we haev already seen spiderman before

Hairbautt
12-27-2006, 02:52 AM
I plan on attending both, but IMO Spider-man 3 will catch the most box office money since it already has a strong crowd of fans due the the previous two films.

Omar9876
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
i think spiderman 3 will b better

shaysh123
12-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Transformers

masterpo
12-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Spiderman 3 in a landslide, no debate required.

Transformers cast looks terrible with Josh Duhamel and Tyrese. Come on Tyrese, lets be real here, a former hip hop singer starring in a blockbuster equals bust.

theincredible
01-01-2007, 04:46 AM
I think Spiderman 3 is will be better than Transformers

khaled2000
01-01-2007, 10:30 AM
i think spiderman 3 will b better

relik
01-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I think Transformers will be the best.
My favourite tale.

-ip-opium
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
transformers the movie looks way better. i like spiderman the cartoon but the movies just havent cut it in my opinion, it is ok.

kittybewm
01-03-2007, 11:49 PM
lol @ transformers

golden77
04-08-2007, 03:21 PM
cheers

kirktrix
04-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I am going to watch both for sure...but for your question i think Transformer. because the more the people get curious to the movie the more they watch it...

Elking
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Spiderman 3 will be better i guess. but who knows?

WHRST
04-08-2007, 03:50 PM
will be seeing both in theaters for sure, but as of now cant say which is better based on trailers only

delimare
04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
who wouldn't want huge transforming robots destroying shit over some guy that spins webs and his love story?

Hear, hear my good man!

I can't predict the future but I can only hope that Transformers take the lead.

mym_2006
04-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Spiderman3 and Transformers

both is tow fantastic and wonderful

golden77
04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
thanks

blackjackal
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Thats a hard one, but I'm going to have to go with transformers, only because I cant stand toby mcguire.

Venom sounds kickass though.

Demigod
04-13-2007, 03:10 AM
LOL, to me, there wasn't even a comparison between the two. Spiderman 3 is definitely the one I would choose since I always thought the Transformer cartoon was a bit corny...

Busyman™
04-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Spiderman 3 in a landslide, no debate required.

Transformers cast looks terrible with Josh Duhamel and Tyrese. Come on Tyrese, lets be real here, a former hip hop singer starring in a blockbuster equals bust.

Tyrese is an R&B singer and that has nothing to do with it.:dry:

Mark Wahlberg is a former rapper and he has great movies.