PDA

View Full Version : Dark_AleX releases custom firmware for PSP - 3.02 OE

Rip The Jacker
12-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Woot! The PSP scene gets better and better! Dark_AleX released his custom firmware, 3.02 Open Edition, version A.

Official release thread at MaxConsole forum:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40031

Here is the ReadMe:
3.02OE-A can only be installed in a full install

Creating the DXAR file
----------------------

- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50 firmware and to
/PSP/GAME150 if you are using whatever version of 2.71 Se.

- Get the 1.50 and 3.02 sony updaters in the oeupdmaker folder with the names "150.PBP" and "302.PBP".

- Run the program. This program won't write to the flash, it will just create a file called DATA.DXAR in the
same directory (oeupdmaker).

- The program will verify that the SHA-1 of the generated file is correct.

- Once that you have done this, you can save the DATA.DXAR file to skip this step in the future.

SHA1 of DXAR: BB43B06852826F446CCA93392 7C3D54C50E151B1
MD5 of DXAR: 5BD5DE55204BB8A407C0187C3 DA1040C

Flashing 3.02 OE
----------------

- Copy the directories oeflasher and oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (or /PSP/GAME150 if you are on 2.71 SE)

- Copy the generated DATA.DXAR file at oeflasher directory.

- Run the flasher. If your battery is less than 75%, the program will show the error saying that
and will return to the XMB.

At petition of someone with battery problems, now this check can be by passed at your own risk;
Execute the program with triangle and L pressed.

- The program will continue showing an agreement. Press X to accept
it and flash the custom firm, or R to cancel and exit to the XMB.

- If you accept, the program will flash the custom firmware. DONT shutdown the psp and DON'T
quit the memory stick.

- After finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually... to 3.02 OE

Using 3.02OE
------------

- OE runs all homebrew from the /PSP/GAME302 folder using the 3.02 kernel.
Homebrew here have to be NOT kxploited.

- To run applications with the 1.50 kernel, and have about 99% compatibility with current homebrew,
put those applications in the /PSP/GAME150 folder.
Homebrew here can be either kxploited or not.

Now the standard folder, /PSP/GAME can be configured in the recovery menu to either execute 1.50
homebrew or 3.02 one. (by default is set at 3.02)

- Native UMD emulation is now in the custom firmware. ISOS are shown under memory stick games.
Currently ISO and CSO are implemented, for technical reasons DAX is not implemented yet, but may
be done in the future. At the moment they require an umd to be inserted in order to be played, although
they show in the xmb without an umd.
Note that whenever you do an update to the ISO folder (add, delete, change files, first OE-A execution),
a little delay will ocurr when entering in memory stick games. While the ISO folder is not changed, this won't
happen.

Using recovery menu
-------------------

- To enter in recovery menu, press R when power on the psp.
The recovery mode lets to set options, and it lets to recover potential bricks, as soon as
the 1.50 bootstrap is intact.

- Toggle USB: It will enable/diable USB mass storage.

- Configuration. All setings are set to disabled by default.

* Skip SCE logo. If you enable this, you won't see that beautiful, (but sometimes annoying)
Sony Computer Entertainment logo when power on the psp (and in this way you also disable the autorun of
UMD).

* Hide corrupt icons. It will hide corrupt icons. Note that currently not all corrupt icons
are hidden but most of them. This setting can SLOW down the access to game menu if you have too many items.
This will be improved in the future, however the best way to hide corrupt icons is always to convert your kxploited
applications to a standard single PBP.

* Game folder homebrew. It will let you choose with which kernel, 1.50 or 3.02,
programs at /PSP/GAME will be executed.

* Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. When enabled, it will run that program at startup.
Notice, that that program runs always in 1.50 kernel.

* Fake region. Allows you to set the psp kernel region to either Japan, USA, Europe or Korea

* Free UMD Region. Sets the UMD region to region free.

- Loading plugins from the ms.

Plugins from the ms are loaded from the folder ms0:/seplugins

You need to write two text files inside that folder: game.txt and vsh.txt
These files have a module path in each line to load with umd games/homebrew and with the vsh
respectively. A maximum of 5 modules is allowed in each one.

Example, content of a game.txt or vsh.txt

ms0:/seplugins/mymusicplugin.prx
ms0:/seplugins/mycheatplugin.prx

Once the files game.txt and vsh.txt are created, you can enable/disable each plugin in the recovery menu.
Note that if you have too many modules loading, the xmb or the game may not start because of lack of memory.

A usbhostfs plugin for SE is planed in the near future.

Note for developers:
All ms plugins are loaded after mediasync.prx is loaded but before mediasync.prx is started.
mediasync.prx is the first module to be loaded in the last phase of 3.02 firmware rebooting.
At that moment all io drivers are accesible.

- Advanced. This setting shouldn't be touched by most users, since they are mainly for debugging purposes.
It lets to flash some NOT critical files to the flash from the directory ms0:/reflash.

- Advanced configuration (inside Advaned).

* Plain modules in UMD/ISO. By default it is disabled, because it was found that the patch to run
plain modules gave compatibility problems with some umd games. (error 0x8002012D).
You can always enable it if interested in running unsigned code in an iso.

* Execute boot.bin in UMD/ISO. If enabled, it will run BOOT.BIN instead of EBOOT.BIN. This option
has no sense if the plain modules one is not enabled.

- Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP. This is what currently enables to recover a
semi-bricked psp (e.g. the vsh doesn't show, but you can reach the recovery mode).
Despite being in the game folder, that program will be executed in 1.50 kernel, so if even 3.02
kernel is destroyed, that program can be run.

- Registry hacks. This setting allow you to enable some features in the firmware

* Button assign. Allows you to swap between O and X to validate

* Activate WMA. Allows you to activate WMA without a WLAN connection.

* Activate Flash Player. Allows you to activate Flash Player without a WLAN connection.

- About the speed change...

It has not been implemented in SE yet because it was causing weirds problems at the moment in which
the speed change was done. Probably it will be implemented in the future on other way...

At the momento you can use one of those plugins that before were installed on flash and that now
can be installed in the ms.

Because official SCE updaters don't work in that 1.50 kernel environment (because they need some vsh files
not available), i've included with this package a flasher that lets to flash any official update from
1.50-2.71 to your psp.
To use it, copy the files inside inside "flasher for recovery/RECOVERY" in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/
and the official SCE updater renamed as UPDATE.PBP in the same directory, and run the program
through the recovery option.

Another alternative for recovery is to reflash the own 3.02 OE-A.
To do this, copy the EBOOT.PBP of oeflasher to /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP along with the
DATA.DXAR file, and run it through recovery.

DEVHOOK
-------

- Devhook for 1.50 can be run on GAME150 or GAME depending on the folder you set.

- In devhook for 1.50 you cannot use the option of 1.50 flash if you are gonna reboot to XMB.

- When using devhook 0.46 or higher, DO NOT use the options for flashing things.

1.50 Compatibility
------------------

- Most of 1.50 homebrew work. There maybe some exceptions of few programs that interfere with
the reboot system of SE. These programs can be umdemulatorand daxziso, although i have not
tested them. They may not work at all or work in certain modes (direct load methods probably).
Programs that hacks the flash like xflash, pspset, sxt version changer, etc are not
recommended to be used here.

- Irshell shows as corrupted... this is an issue in 2.XX+ vsh's. They don't like irshell sfo
The solution to make it show (and work) is to apply the solution given by frmariam originally
for epsilon bios: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=29639

- It seems that original umdemulator also shows as corrupted.
Try changing the sfo and maybe also the icon to fix that.

- Since 1.50 kernel gets patched, it can support things that a normal 1.50 cannot do, such as loadexecuting
prx's, loading modules, signed or not, from ms and flash in user mode without previous patches,
loading real pbp's, etc

- Note with wifi: 1.50 kernel doesn't understand WPA. So if you have a connection with WPA, you cannot
magically use it in a 1.50 application. Use WEP or not protection, or wait to wifi applications to
be ported to 3.02 kernel.

3.02 OE limitations against 2.71 SE
-----------------------------------

* No-umd mode seems to be less compatible
* 3.02 kernel homebrew: elf's are not still supported (no real problem, you can just run them in 1.50
kernel).
* 3.02 kernel homebrew: due to a restriction added in 2.80, kernel prx's cannot have user syscalls anymore.
This is what makes psplink for 2.71 and irshell for 2.71 not to work in 3.02 kernel, althout they
can be easily ported by their authors.
* Because of necessity of flash0 space, the location free player and korean font has been removed.

Known problems, remarks, etc
----------------------------

- "I tried, for some reason, to run a sce updater and it gives me a weird "DADADADA" error.
Running a sce updater can be dangerous, and because of that is disabled, and it will give you that
custom error code of mine.

- "I receive a weird error "98765432" when setting the language to Korean, Chinese traditional or
Chinese simplified". This is done on purpose, setting the language to those 3, which don't exist in 1.50,
can be dangerous for the 1.50 bootstrap, and therefore, they are disabled.

- The game menu says that "There is no games". Probably you renamed your game folder to game150, but you didn't
create a new game folder. Even if you don't plan to use 3.02 homebrew, the folder GAME must exist, even if
if it is empty.

Credits
-------
- Core and flasher coding: Dark_AleX
- Recovery menu coding and region codes researching: harleyg
- Beta testing: Mathieulh

A lot of thanks to all PS3 beta testers for testing the PSX backup things!!

And a guide on how to install it:
http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-guide-302oe-installation-84905.html

What is this custom firmware?
- It's the Sony 3.02 firmware for PSP, with the ability to run homebrew. :D
- DRM protection for the PS1 games has been cracked. So you can download PS1 games from people who have them, and play, no need to pay, no PS3 required.
- No need for Devhook, all the ISO's are listed as their own individual games in the Game > Memory Stick menu, and can be loaded straight from the XMB, nothing extra needed. :D

You basically get all the goodies, the new visualizations, the web browser, the PSP camera, the PS1 emulation, everything 3.02 has to offer, only with ISO's and homebrew. :D

And last but not least, a link to the same installer I used:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/32lnoo

Installed it fine, so far no problems, and everything works great. I can play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, GTA: VCS, Parappa The Rapper, and all my other ISO's without Devhook or any loader. :D

Rip The Jacker
12-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Wow... not too many PSP owners here at FST I suppose... =/

Downloading games on PSP could not be any easier... no more emulating higher firmware or anything...

I now have a PSP running 3.02 OE with a 4GB memory stick. I have 6 PSP games on my memory stick, and 1 PSone game. :D

accat13
12-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Wow... not too many PSP owners here at FST I suppose... =/

Downloading games on PSP could not be any easier... no more emulating higher firmware or anything...

I now have a PSP running 3.02 OE with a 4GB memory stick. I have 6 PSP games on my memory stick, and 1 PSone game. :D

Well Rip The Jacker must be nice to have an older psp. Most of the newer ones are the TA-082 version and this firmware will not work on them. But as an owner of a TA-082 fw 2.71 there is hope. I have been following this thread for some time http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/399310
My backups :whistling play and GBA emulation works very well. I have not gone beyond 2.71 using devhook yet but its nice to know I can.The psp scene seems to be very active and well supported :D...The only WARNING I can give is any new psp user be sure to do alot of reading before you flash the psp 2.71 seems to be the limit right now on TA-082 psp's

suprafreak6
12-23-2006, 06:58 PM
shit rip. I knew this was out but didnt read much...where the heck can you download the psone games from...what format are they in and whats the average size?

mike45450
12-26-2006, 12:10 AM
I was a little reluctant to upgrade because of the flashing business, and that you had to wait for people to upload games from the ps3 store thing, but when I heard OE-B could run you own games, i upgraded straight away. It's great, it's even easier than devhook to use, and for some reason I think the PSX emu is just great. Put Castlevania:SotN and FF:Tactics on :D

silent h3ro
12-27-2006, 03:53 AM
3.02 OE-B is out. (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-s-3-02-OE-B-released-/pg/49/aid/77278)

I was thinking about upgrading as I now have the latest devhook, but I have a question: Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.5 or upgrade to a new devhook or hacked firmware if I install this?

Rip The Jacker
12-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Whooooo! I just updated to OE-B, and holy crap it gets better and better. You can convert your own PSX ISO's to Eboots, and the compatability seems nice. I took some of my own games, Pandamonium, Crash Bandicoot 3, and Crash Bash, converted all 3, and they run perfectly. :D

Boy did Sony get screwed, I'm playing PSX games on PSP that weren't intended to be played on PSP. :D

shit rip. I knew this was out but didnt read much...where the heck can you download the psone games from...what format are they in and whats the average size?
PSX games you can get from wherever now, you can convert your own. :)

I was a little reluctant to upgrade because of the flashing business, and that you had to wait for people to upload games from the ps3 store thing, but when I heard OE-B could run you own games, i upgraded straight away. It's great, it's even easier than devhook to use, and for some reason I think the PSX emu is just great. Put Castlevania:SotN and FF:Tactics on :D
Nice, I should grab FF: Tactics. :D

3.02 OE-B is out. (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Dark-AleX-s-3-02-OE-B-released-/pg/49/aid/77278)

I was thinking about upgrading as I now have the latest devhook, but I have a question: Is it possible to downgrade back to 1.5 or upgrade to a new devhook or hacked firmware if I install this?
I think so yeah. I'm sure if you don't like it (for some strange reason), you can use the recovery console to run the 1.5 update. I think so anyway. =/

HairlessApe
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM

I think so yeah. I'm sure if you don't like it (for some strange reason), you can use the recovery console to run the 1.5 update. I think so anyway.
correct, just hold the r trigger when your booting your psp and hit x on downgrade. Reident evil 3 and metal gear are working beautifuly on it
God I hope Sony is milked dry by awesome hackers like DAX :naughty:

pcpowerplay
12-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Freakin' awesome.

Gave my PSP a whole lot of new life.

maebach
12-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I can play Twisted Metal 4 and NBa shootout 2001 now?

I might have to try this out. . .

cow_dung
12-30-2006, 08:17 AM
as well, psp with the TA-082 motherboard are now able to downgrade to firmware 1.50 and upgrade to dark_alex custom firmware 3.02 OE-B :D

head over to the qj.net forum for instructions,
pspupdates.qj.net
forums.qj.net

Porkape
12-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Also as a wonderful companion to D_A 3.02 OE-B firmware which can emulate your own PS1 backups there is now Booster's DevHook 0.52 which emulates the newest firmware 3.03. Expect games with 3.03 required starting within a month or so I would think.

accat13
01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
as well, psp with the TA-082 motherboard are now able to downgrade to firmware 1.50 and upgrade to dark_alex custom firmware 3.02 OE-B :D

head over to the qj.net forum for instructions,
pspupdates.qj.net
forums.qj.net

Just finished the downgrade to 1.5 and upgrade to 3.02 OE-B :D
The kids are happy no more messing around with hend or devhook(for awhile :) ) Nice to see the ps1 games...(was a little scared of creating a brick but after sweating thru the long extraction process all was well)Many thanks to DAX and friends

Aliy
01-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I have (2.7.1) the downgrade to 1.5 and how can ı upgrade to 3.02 OE-B pls help me ...thanks

Busyman™
01-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Just to be clear....

Wifey wants a PSP. If I buy one now, I won't be able to do this, right?

accat13
01-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Just to be clear....

Wifey wants a PSP. If I buy one now, I won't be able to do this, right?
It really depends on the psp version you get....If its a TA-082 motherboard (most of the newer ones are) and it has 2.71 firmware or lower it now works...This is fairly recent event...The psp scene is on fire...I can't believe the updates since I got one for my son in Nov.The number one rule I would say is DO NOT do any upgrading of firmware until you have read many posts
My site recommendations are http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/149

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2717632&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=33695
the only problem with a psp FAQ is information is changing so fast :)

Running HenC and devhook it took me about 3 days to figure out how to play a backup...
The new downgrade and upgrade took less then a hour :)

ps if you buy a psp you will need at least a 1 gig memory stick

silent h3ro
01-02-2007, 02:58 AM
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2717632&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Thats an official Sony forum. I'm surprised that user was allowed to post that. :unsure:

accat13
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Thats an official Sony forum. I'm surprised that user was allowed to post that. :unsure:
I agree but it was a very nice post :D...clear and concise nice instructions..worked like a charm:w00t:

Porkape
01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
According to a post by Dark_Alex on Max Console 3.03 OE-A should be out in the next few days.

cow_dung
01-03-2007, 08:13 AM
I have (2.7.1) the downgrade to 1.5 and how can ı upgrade to 3.02 OE-B pls help me ...thanks

tutorial on installing 3.02 OE-A from 1.5 and se firmware:

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-official-302oe-installation-guide-faq-and-support-thread-84905.html

then go here to download the update from OE-A to OE-B, read the instructions in the read me, really simple:

http://dl.qj.net/3.02-OE-B-by-Dark_AleX-Hacks-Exploits-PSP/pg/12/fid/11922/catid/114

Note: you must go from OE-A to OE-B (OE-B is just an update), as well, make sure your battery is at least 75% +

maebach
01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Im going to try this tonight, I downloaded Silent Hill and Chrono Trigger. I cant wait to play them.

accat13
01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
@maebach (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/maebach-93225) so how did it go...no problems I hope...edit realized your in the same timezone as me ...so you most likely have not done it yet :) were neighbours mississauga boy here

maebach
01-03-2007, 11:52 PM
cool, Im in Burlington. I go to Mississauga alot. We have close family their. I have a few friends who go to Gordon Grayden HS.

I tried it, I got into 3.02A but I cant get Silent Hill and Chrono Trigger to work. Also, I dont know how to update to OEB. I dont have a folder named Game150. I have 2 folders in my Game folder and they are:

302oeflasher
302oeflasher%

I downloaded a pack that already had a dxar file made.

I get the message: This Game Could not be started. I put the OEBupdate in the 'games' folder, and I ran the program but still I get the same error.

EDIT:I changed the mode to 1.50kernel in the recovery thing. I also made a 'GAME150' folder and updated to OE-B. I'm now playing Chrono Trigger. Im gonna try Silent Hill tommorrow. and deicde which one to keep (1gb stick). thanks for your help guys. Im loving my PSP more than ever right now.

cow_dung
01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
congratz maebach, welcome to the oe-b fw :)

Porkape
01-04-2007, 09:35 PM
3.03 OE-A is out. Here is the changelog from 3.02 OE-B to this version

Added support for compression in psx isos (look at popstation documentation for more details)
Added support for decrypted document.dat (psx games manual) (look at docmaker documentation for more details)
Fixed a bug regarding free region: a stupid bug caused it not to work at all. Now it should work, although it has not been tested due to lack of umd's of different regions between the testers and me
Some generic bug fixes in the code
Redded the sdk.

Go here (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Because-there-is-a-god-Dark-AleX-s-3-03-OE-A-released/pg/49/aid/78218) for more info. Cheers

Rip The Jacker
01-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Awesome. Compressed PS1 games, now I can fit even more onto my 4GB stick, woot. Dark_Alex just makes owning a PSP better and better. :D

maebach
01-05-2007, 05:23 AM
I'll try that tommorrow, maybe then I can fit Vagrant Story (700mb) and Chrono Trigger (550mb) on one stick.

Does anyone know of a good program to play wmv files or avi files? I dont really wnant to convert my vids.

McNutter
01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi there,

So is the PSP totally cracked then? Can all the games be downloaded (inc Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories) and played?

I don't have a PSP but if all the software is basically free then I would get one. What would I need? Start from the beginning :)

Thanks.

silent h3ro
01-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Im going to try this tonight, I downloaded Silent Hill and Chrono Trigger. I cant wait to play them.What about Chrono Cross? ;)

silent h3ro
01-11-2007, 12:12 AM
UPDATE: 3.03 OE-B Released - Movie Madness! (http://pspupdates.qj.net/3-03-OE-B-Released-Movie-Madness-/pg/49/aid/78858)

Patched the firmware to allow decrypted mp4-AVC videos to play at 480x272 resolution.
pic0.png was not shown in psp isos. Fixed.
The speed functions were not dummied after setting the speed. This could cause the few games that set the cpu speed not to run at the selected speed in the recovery menu.
Changed the structure of the program to have more free ram in game mode.
sysmemp.prx removed, systemctrl.prx splitted into systemctrl.prx and vshctrl.prx
Docmaker also now allows for 1000 png (images) to be used rather than the previous 10